NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-16-2018, 09:48 PM
Brian Horne

Default Pricing type cards

I am starting to sell off my Dad’s type collection and am wondering what site(s) people would use to determine pricing. I have a good handle on the more common Topps/Bowman/Tobacco series but, I am finding an issue with some of the rarer types that I can’t find completed sales. Pictured are a portion of the type set to show some of the diversity.

One I picked at random is a Morley sports photo (tacoma tigers) that I believe is from 1946. I only find one mention of the set and that is an older net54 post about related items and not the cards themselves. How would you go about finding a fair price to ask for an item like this?

Any help would be appreciated.
Brian
IMG_E2253_1
IMG_E2254_1
IMG_E2255_1
IMG_2256_1
Old 07-17-2018, 05:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

The Morley is around a $100 -$125 card. I could probably help some with the pre-war II types. Not sure of a guide for them that would be accurate. The big Krause would have mosT listed but prices will be off....
Old 07-17-2018, 07:07 AM
pete ullman

i see an e220 ruth that looks to be worth a nice car!!!!!! def want to grade that sucker and consign to AH!!!!!!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:42 AM
Rob G.

can you show a pic of the backs of the cards in image 2? Specifically the E121s in the bottom two rows. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:18 PM
Brian Horne

I assume there are a few cards that should be graded, the E220 Ruth, the R338 Cobb. I am just starting to look at the others but it seems the Morrell Koufax cards as well.

Thank you to the couple people emailing offering help, I will probably message back in the up coming weeks as time allows.

back scan as requested.
Wallace Stevens biography
Old 07-17-2018, 02:21 PM
pete ullman

or you can just sell me the ruth RAW!!!!!
Old 07-17-2018, 02:42 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I love oddball regionals, those are some nice Rodeos from this look. I think you have some nice stuff, grading might be a solid plan for a good chunk of the cards. The E-cards will be the majority of the money makers at a quick glance.

Let us know when you plan to sell. I see at least a handful of things that are really interesting. If the Seals stamp album is full it should do decent and the Harridge signed contract is really cool.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-17-2018 at 02:44 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:51 PM
Derek Granger

I highly recommend working with an Auction House if you plan to sell most/all of the collection. They would work something out with you with respect to fees if that's a concern for you.

Trust me, selling on your own is not easy and it takes a lot of TIME. If you have time, then go for it and do the research yourself and have fun doing it. If you don't, I would strongly recommend letting someone else take on this burden/assignment. There are plenty of people on this board, too, that can tell you what you've got if you choose to go about it yourself.

Feel free to PM me if you want/need recommendations for Auction Houses.

And good luck!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 07-17-2018, 09:00 PM
Brian Horne

I am interested in hearing more opinions as to how many of these cards would need to be graded. Personally I don't have any doubts to them being authentic but grading them might be beneficial for others to feel the same way.

Overall this is a very small part of the collection, the plan is to use an auction house for the major items (in the past we sold a few with an auction house that is no longer in business). I am selling the type cards and topps/bowman cards individually just to mix it up and avoid the seller fees. To be honest I didn't realize that the Ruth card was in the type set when I picked them up.

The seals album has 19 of the stamps included.
The Player's contract also includes Connie Mack on the inside.
Old 07-17-2018, 09:14 PM
pete ullman

I would only grade the high buck cards you can likely sell most of the types on the BST right here and you will do just fine raw .
Old 08-16-2018, 08:18 AM
Eric Matthews

Brian,

The Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards, by Bob Lemke (I think Bob was a member here until his passing 1-2 years ago) is well worth the investment.

The prices may not be 100% accurate, but all of your cards and sets will be listed. You will be able to see one cards value in relation to another. This really helps with sets where only 1-2 past sales can be found.

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable moving any of my rarer pre-war cards without having this resource at my side.

Hope all is well,
Eric