NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 09:47 PM

Add me to that list as well-Al is the man. And he runs a great auction house too!!

Joe K
Old 01-08-2018, 09:51 PM
Kenny Cole

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric72 View Post
add me to the list of net54 members who have had nothing but positive experiences with lotg. I am confident that al will make this right.
+1000
Old 01-08-2018, 09:54 PM
Pete Sycks

I'm more concerned that if someone got extra cards in their package they never returned them to Al. I've only had great experiences with Al and his company.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 01-08-2018, 09:54 PM
C.hris Bl.and

Al is one of the best people in the hobby and his auction house is as reputable as you will find. He clearly made a mistake but I would bet my collection on him doing right by it.

Chris Bland

M101-6 Felix Mendelsohn (any)
1929 Kashin 5x7 Premiums
N172 Old Judge Portraits
Any 1939 Ted Williams cards
1939 Exhibits Lou Gehrig

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 PM

I don't agree with the OP starting this thread, but I'm glad he did. Anyone in the hobby who wasn't already familiar with Al can now read all the glowing things people have to say about him - things that are 100% true. There are, unfortunately, a lot of bad guys in this hobby. Al is absolutely not one of them.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:59 PM
Orlando Rodriguez

Obviously, Al is well-respected by the members of this forum. It is also clear that anyone can make a mistake. But I don't think we need to belittle the OP's feelings here. I don't know how common or rare the card he purchased may be, but I think he has every reason to be angry that he's not getting the card he purchased. And getting his money back isn't going to change that. So while I think that the support for Al is wonderful, and extremely telling of the kind of guy he is, I don't think it's right to write-off the OP completely and make him seem irrational. I know I would be extremely angry if I bought a card and it was lost, and I know that some of Al's defenders here would be too. Maybe we need to stop treating issues as black and white, right and wrong, true and false. Al is a great guy. LOTG is an amazing AH. And the OP has every right to be pissed off.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:04 PM
Fr@nk H.0r.v@th

Default Orlando...

Thank you.

FH

T206 Camnitz (HAH) EPDG or Tolstoi
T206 E Collins
T206 Joss Portrait
T206 Red Cobb
Old 01-08-2018, 10:16 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycks22 View Post
I'm more concerned that if someone got extra cards in their package they never returned them to Al. I've only had great experiences with Al and his company.
This was my thought. How does this work? If you receive something that isn't yours and don't give it back, is it considered stealing?

Al, any clue as to which package it might have mistakenly been added to?
Old 01-08-2018, 10:20 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
Obviously, Al is well-respected by the members of this forum. It is also clear that anyone can make a mistake. But I don't think we need to belittle the OP's feelings here. I don't know how common or rare the card he purchased may be, but I think he has every reason to be angry that he's not getting the card he purchased. And getting his money back isn't going to change that. So while I think that the support for Al is wonderful, and extremely telling of the kind of guy he is, I don't think it's right to write-off the OP completely and make him seem irrational. I know I would be extremely angry if I bought a card and it was lost, and I know that some of Al's defenders here would be too. Maybe we need to stop treating issues as black and white, right and wrong, true and false. Al is a great guy. LOTG is an amazing AH. And the OP has every right to be pissed off.
+1
Old 01-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
+1

Hard to imagine that all the posters would feel the same if they were in the OPs shoes. Just sayin’.........

519/1000 Monster Number --- WHAT'S YOUR MONSTER NUMBER?

Over*666* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-17.
Over 250 satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.

Are you a T206 Insider?

Only 37.10% crazy based on recent polling data, but still a weird dude.

Last edited by frankbmd; 01-08-2018 at 10:21 PM.
Closed Thread