NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-06-2003, 08:35 AM
Administrator

Default Baseball Related Cigarette & Tobacco Pack Guides Mailed Out...

Posted By: Jon Canfield

For all of you on the board who requested a baseball related cigarette & tobacco pack guide, I have mailed them all out. I don't believe I missed anyone, but please, if you asked for one and you don't receive it, email me. I believe I sent out 63 in total, so I'm hoping I didn't overlook anyone but I could have! I hope you all enjoy them and I look forward to your feedback! As I always tell everyone, I learn something new everyday in this hobby. Any of your comments and suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-06-2003, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Jon--I got the pamphlet---thanks. I still owe you some pictures. BTW, how did you come up with the number of N173s? I don't know the right number but I do know that the one you have isn't it. Also, I don't think that there were any coupons for cabinets in Dog's Head packs. My view is that when you sent in Old Judge coupons for cabinets you had a chance of getting an Old Judge and Dog's Head one. This was just Goodwin & Co's way of advertising one of their unpopular products.

Old 06-06-2003, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

If I am not mistaking (and I very well could be as I am not at home) when I got one of my Dogs Head packs it came with a card (of a dog ) and a coupon....but I think you and I spoke about this and maybe you can clarify before I get home tonight....Jon- that was a very generous thing you did. All of those that received your book should be very thankful (as I was when you sent mine)....best regards

Old 06-06-2003, 11:21 AM
Administrator

Jay - I emailed you with my thoughts (and sources for the N173's). Also, thanks Leon - especially for the use of your pictures and your help over 4 months! Now we all know what a Gypsy Queen pack looks like!

Old 06-06-2003, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

Jon,

Got mine yesterday and dug right in after dinner. It will be an invaluable resource in my vintage tobacco and baseball library. Can't thank you enough for your generousity. Keith

Old 06-06-2003, 07:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Baxter

Jon,

Thanks for sending me a copy. I got the guide in the mail the other day and after reading it several times, I must tell you that this is one of the best no-nonsense references that I've had the pleasure to read in quite awhile! Good references for collectors can be few and far between these days and I really appreciate your making it available to everyone.

Old 06-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

how can you print this and ship it for free? May I send you something? I love it! A great reference. Dan.

Old 06-06-2003, 08:25 PM
Administrator

All I ask for is to be reimburst for the shipping. I don't require it, but it can get expensive after a while. As for the printing, the corporation I work for does it for free for me. They do the binding and the printing and put it together. It's far from professional, but it looks Ok and how can you argue with the price?! I once looked into having it done all in color - set up fees alone would have been $4000... For now, I'm satisfied with the printing I can get!

Old 06-07-2003, 05:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: mikeatmack

Hi,
Would like a copy of your book but I could not find
your Email address. If you do not what to post it,
you can Email me at "mikeatmack @ aol.com" and I will
respond.
Thanks,
Mike

Old 06-07-2003, 05:36 AM
Administrator

Mike,

My email is jon_canfield@hotmail.com - you culd also click on my blue highlighted name...

Old 06-07-2003, 09:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: mrc32

Mine arrived today. What a helpful book. Thanks for your work on this. Now if I only could find some of those packs!

Old 06-07-2003, 02:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This is huge for a pamphlet. I have booklets that are smaller than this thing.

Great work and very informative. A color version would be very cool, but I can understand tah costs would be prohibative.

Thanks for the great resource,

Jay

Old 06-07-2003, 10:07 PM
Administrator

I just want to thank you all for your kind words on the boards and in the emails you have been sending... I'm happy you guys enjoy the guide and find it a help. Again, any corrections you see that need to be made (especially with my descriptions of sets as I am far from an expert on these) would be greatly appreciated. Also Jay - I really wish I could have done it in color - but its tough and very very expensive - the point was to keep this operation low budget. However, for anyone interested in color scans of these packs, I have all the photos available. Simply email me if you would like a color scan of a specific pack and I will email it back out to you...