NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-21-2018, 11:40 AM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default Anyone received consignment checks from H&S May auction?

Hi Gang:

Has anyone received their consignment check from the May 11 Huggins and Scott auction?

They say payment will be made APPROXIMATELY (my caps) 15 business days (M-F) following the payment of ALL ( their caps) of the memorabilia by the buyer(s)

By my count we are now at day 29 or almost double the time frame they mention.

Am I the only one who has not received payment?

Wonder if their statement of payment will be made after ALL payments are received means ALL the lots in the auction or just my lots? It would seem strange to with hold payment to everyone because one or two guys do not pay their invoices.

Anyone have history with this?

Any one received their checks?
Old 06-21-2018, 01:44 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

You need to switch to Brockelman. Scott mails consignment checks less than two weeks after the auction closes.
Old 06-21-2018, 08:15 PM
Howard Chasser

Default I got mine

Whoops - my comment was related to another auction company - NOT H&S - Sorry Huggins and Scott!

Last edited by hcv123; 06-22-2018 at 03:10 PM. Reason: Wrong auction company
Old 06-21-2018, 08:17 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi Gang:

Has anyone received their consignment check from the May 11 Huggins and Scott auction?

They say payment will be made APPROXIMATELY (my caps) 15 business days (M-F) following the payment of ALL ( their caps) of the memorabilia by the buyer(s)

By my count we are now at day 29 or almost double the time frame they mention.

Am I the only one who has not received payment?

Wonder if their statement of payment will be made after ALL payments are received means ALL the lots in the auction or just my lots? It would seem strange to with hold payment to everyone because one or two guys do not pay their invoices.

Anyone have history with this?

Any one received their checks?
Too many better auction houses to consign with than H & S; move onto the next one.
Old 06-23-2018, 09:17 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Default H&S

Dear fellow Net54 members. My post asking if anyone had received their consignment checks from Huggins and Scott came to the attention of the auction house.

I received a pleasant phone call from Bill Huggins saying he was sorry that I felt I had been let down by his company. I explained to him that in no way was that my intention or thoughts. Rather I was just curious if others had received their check because I had not in what I felt was a timely manner.

Bill explained/answered one of my questions. It seems a few of my items had not been paid for yet, which is the reason I had not been paid.

Come on guys! If you bid on something get your payments out with in 15 days. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

I have been very satisfied in all my dealings both as a buyer and seller with H&S for many years and in no way meant to besmirch the company. In fact the opposite is true.

The fact that Bill took the time to call me personally and explain the situation goes a long way in my eyes to show what a good company they are. I look forward to working with them for many years.

Fred
Old 06-24-2018, 07:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Bill and team are good people. I have made the decision, recently, to do more business with good people instead of some others. I have always done well buying and consigning in the H and S auctions. (of course they are an advertiser, but regardless, the job they did for me was good). I also enjoy hanging out with Bill and team at the Nationals.....Lots of fun to go around!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Dear fellow Net54 members. My post asking if anyone had received their consignment checks from Huggins and Scott came to the attention of the auction house.

I received a pleasant phone call from Bill Huggins saying he was sorry that I felt I had been let down by his company. I explained to him that in no way was that my intention or thoughts. Rather I was just curious if others had received their check because I had not in what I felt was a timely manner.

Bill explained/answered one of my questions. It seems a few of my items had not been paid for yet, which is the reason I had not been paid.

Come on guys! If you bid on something get your payments out with in 15 days. Is that too much to ask? I think not.

I have been very satisfied in all my dealings both as a buyer and seller with H&S for many years and in no way meant to besmirch the company. In fact the opposite is true.

The fact that Bill took the time to call me personally and explain the situation goes a long way in my eyes to show what a good company they are. I look forward to working with them for many years.

Fred