NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Default Texas Chili Cook-off (Vintage, of course)

Posted By: Lyman

Greetings from Austin. If you receive the Old Cardboard monthly eNewsletter, then you already know that all of our subscribers (and Net54 members) are invited to The Sixth Annual Hardeman House of Hellfire Chili Cook-off to be held here in Austin on November 18. We already have a couple of vintage card collectors signed up to attend and expect a few more, so there should be something of interest for everyone. Details can be found in the October eNewsletter (#42) now posted on the Old Cardboard website at http://www.oldcardboard.com/eNews/enews42/eNews42.htm. It's item #5 at the bottom of the eNews.

We guarantee a good time and some tasty chili (or we will provide a full refund of your free admission ticket!).

If you do not receive the free Old Cardboard eNewsletter, just send an email to me and I will make sure you get on the list to receive future editions when they come out.

Thanks again for all of the support that we have received from members of this board over the past several years.

Lyman

Old 11-01-2007, 09:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Thanks Lyman....I think I have my better half talked into it....not sure on bringing the beagle or not.....talk to ya soon !!

Old 11-01-2007, 09:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Hi Lyman, nice talking to you on the phone earlier. I'll be there too. I think I'm only about 10 miles south of you.

Old 11-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

I'm assuming the chili isn't vintage.

In Wisconsin, we'd grill brats outside, including in the winter. Brats are an institution in the region. Being Wisconsin, they were often first cooked in beer. At a brat cookout, a young woman from Indiana asked me what was a brat. I told her it was assorted meat in a natural casing, and she refused to eat one.

Old 11-02-2007, 04:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

Hi David,
I live in Wisconsin, and even though we freeze our asses off, I use the grill all winter log. My family grilled brats and burgers last year on Xmas day.

Wish I could make it to Texas for the chili cook off. My wife and I will be at a chili cook off in Wisconsin on November 10 with the proceeds going to local veterans.

By the way-Lyman- what is the prize for the cook off winner? A T206? If so, I may have to change my plans.

Rick

Old 11-02-2007, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Trophies are awarded the top three winners. For you Rick (or any vintage card collectors that enter), I will even throw in a T206 from my own collection for any of the top three winners! You of course do not have to be a cook-off contestant to enjoy the fun. --Lyman

Old 11-02-2007, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Hi Lyman- do you ship to Brooklyn?

Old 11-02-2007, 08:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt

What kind of qualifier is a rib sauce stain?

Old 11-02-2007, 08:46 AM
Administrator

The newly coined qualifier is ST-BBQ

Old 11-02-2007, 09:06 AM
Administrator

No, Barry, but I've been needing to do some research in the NY Public Library. Maybe I could hand deliver! --Lyman

Old 11-02-2007, 09:41 AM
Administrator

If you ever go there for research, I'll meet you. I've seen the Spalding Collection dozens of times, and know my way around (you used to be a New Yorker too, so I guess you also know the ropes).

Old 11-02-2007, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Barry, that sounds like an offer I can't refuse. I appreciate the support. I will let you know and look forward to meeting you in person.
Lyman

Old 11-02-2007, 01:33 PM
Administrator

Same here. I look forward to meeting you, and I always enjoy a trip to the library whenever I can get down....and bring some chili!

Old 11-02-2007, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Sorry Barry, I plan on finishing off all the chili.

Old 11-17-2007, 03:39 PM
Administrator

I will be there but my better half and little girl decided that a cackle fest with other girls, called "bunco" (which is some stupid dice game) is more important than getting together with my card buddies. Who cares if neither likes chili.....I love it.....Hopefully a few other vintage card Texans can make the trek too....see ya soon Brett and Lyman ....