NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-15-2021, 05:33 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
When I woke up this morning I was happy to hear the snow plow going by my house. I used the public road to drive to run my errands. The police car drove past my house, and the rescue squad crew is on call. The military is protecting us. I could go on and list many more uses for our tax money, but you get the idea. And, let's not forget the Post Office (I know-they are have problems), but they don't use a nickel of tax money.

Perhaps you should run for a political office and get things straightened out, but most people would rather complain than to try to help.
I'm a huge supporter of those things you listed and happy to pay my taxes for those purposes, I'm also happy you live in a state that respects the taxpayer. I live in a State that doesn't. We don't get the luxury of such a pollyannic view.

'I'm all for boots on the ground folks in public service. I think the highest paid position should be school teacher, the lowest? school administrator. Ask your teacher friends what they think of my idea. Our State pension fund has over 130 billion dollars of unfunded liabilities, that's like two Zion rookies and a basketball movie clip... That train ran off the rails long ago.

Our City manager makes more than a US Congressman to manage a City of 75,000 people. Does that seem a good use of taxpayer money?

The City of Los Angeles- Nearly three years after city voters approved a $1.2 billion construction program over 10 years to house the homeless, the city has yet to see the first building completed. Average per-apartment costs have zoomed more than $100,000 past prior predictions to an average cost of $531,373 per unit. A cost greater than the median condo price that working folks have to pay.

My Client worth over 3 million dollars gets a check for $180,000 from the Safe Act, he doesn't need it but he took it cuz he could. Shame on him, people in need could have used that tax payer money. This shotgun approach of the Federal government giving out money to people who don't need it while people that do go hungry is a horrible use of taxpayer money.

Tax cut- My rich clients don't want it. They tell me they have plenty of money. "Give the middle class a tax cut, they're the ones who need it".

Vaccine?- my state is so inept and bad at their jobs and gridlocked into politically correct bullshit that the federal government is giving the supply directly to hospitals and pharmacies, publicly traded companies btw to get the job done.

I could go on forever with examples of the disrespect politicians and government officials have for hard working folks. The waste and misuse of funds to line their own pockets and those of their cronies is disgusting, the Mafia has nothing on these folks.

And no I shouldn't run for office, we taxpayers hire you (not you) to do a job for us and you're failing miserably, be better.

Now lets hug it out and get back to card collecting...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-

Last edited by Casey2296; 02-15-2021 at 10:52 PM.
Old 02-15-2021, 06:05 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
I'm a huge supporter of those things you listed and happy to pay my taxes for those purposes, I'm also happy you live in a state that respects the taxpayer. I live in a State that doesn't. We don't get the luxury of such a pollyannic view.

'I'm all for boots on the ground folks in public service. I think the highest paid position should be school teacher, the lowest? school administrator. Ask your teacher friends what they think of my idea. Our State pension fund has over 130 billion dollars of unfunded liabilities, that's like two Zion rookies and a basketball movie clip... That train ran off the rails long ago.

Our City manager makes more than a US Congressman to manage a City of 75,000 people. Does that seem a good use of taxpayer money?

The City of Los Angeles- Nearly three years after city voters approved a $1.2 billion construction program over 10 years to house the homeless, the city has yet to see the first building completed. Average per-apartment costs have zoomed more than $100,000 past prior predictions to an average cost of $531,373 per unit. A cost greater than the median condo price that working folks have to pay.

My Client worth over 3 million dollars gets a check for $180,000 from the Safe Act, he doesn't need it but he took it cuz he could. Shame on him, people in need could have used that tax payer money. This shotgun approach of the Federal government giving out money to people who don't need it while people that do go hungry is a horrible use of taxpayer money.

Tax cut- My rich clients don't want it. They tell me they have plenty of money. "Give the middle class a tax cut, they're the ones who need it".

I could go on forever with examples of the disrespect politicians and government officials have for hard working folks. The waste and misuse of funds to line their own pockets and those of their cronies is disgusting, the Mafia has nothing on these folks.

And no I shouldn't run for office, we taxpayers hire you (not you) to do a job for us and you're failing miserably, be better.

Now lets hug it out and get back to card collecting...
My best friend continues to get a lot of money (first check was 50k) for his small company (5-6 employees) not to lay people off. He never had any intention to do so as he isn't affected. But he said everyone else was getting it so why not? That is the issue (how monies are spent) but such is life.....

As for taxes on cards, When I sold my collection the first time (a big amount for me) I reported every card and cost basis. I just handed the Heritage Auctions detailed commission to my cpa, gave him my card cost basis....and paid tax on several hundred K. I was fortunate...

Old 02-15-2021, 06:08 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

I have to tell you Leon, I went back and looked at your Heritage Auction. Wow, I have never seen such a well curated type collection. Just amazing the collection you put together, best of luck building your 2nd one too.

-
Old 02-15-2021, 06:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I have to tell you Leon, I went back and looked at your Heritage Auction. Wow, I have never seen such a well curated type collection. Just amazing the collection you put together, best of luck building your 2nd one too.
Thanks, It was fun. The second was is being a lot of fun too. My net worth (very little) compared to cards got right sized also.

I reacquired this one a few years ago. They always seem to cost more the second time!!

Old 02-15-2021, 07:32 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

They always cost more the second time around. Reminds me of the 14CJ Wagner I sold for $450. While I replaced everything else that's one I just wont do.

-
Old 02-15-2021, 07:53 PM
Val Kehl

Quote:
For anyone who is not aware, Leon has long made his personal collections available for viewing by members. This includes both his current collection and his earlier, fantastic type collection that he sold via Heritage in 2015. I have enjoyed viewing it many, many times. Here's the link to it (scroll down for his past collection): http://www.luckeycards.com/personal.html
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.