NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-21-2019, 11:34 AM
Jake Dahl

Default National Sports Collectors Convention

I was just thinking of this now, is ebay now getting more and more slower every day and are dealers/sellers pulling their stuff off since the National is less then 10 days away??

Pre War/Post War Yankees/Highlanders Cards and Memorabilia

1960 Topps Baseball set

Any other cool sports cards and memorabilia
Old 07-21-2019, 12:16 PM

I used to have a theory that I would find bargains on Ebay during Nationals because there would be fewer buyers (since the bigger fish tend to go to Nationals).

But in reality, this has never happened.

I think for the very reason you mention. A lof dealers don't run their auctions because they are focused on getting ready for/traveling to National.s
Old 07-21-2019, 12:59 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Some of the best Ebay finds I've had have been in line at card shows.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 07-21-2019, 01:03 PM
Jake Dahl

i am trying to save myself just in case my buddies and I can go

1960 Topps Baseball set

Last edited by HOF Yankees; 07-21-2019 at 01:06 PM.
Old 07-21-2019, 01:54 PM
Joseph Mie.lke

The best deals were Late Saturday and all day Sunday at the National.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:27 PM
Greg C

I put the store on vacation mode for
every national and cards continue to
sell all week.

The only time I noticed a difference
was in 2016, but that's a whole
different topic.
Old 07-21-2019, 02:42 PM

As a booth holder, I used to say that Saturday and Sunday were historically my worst days at the National as those were the days that the true bargain holders showed up to make their best deals. The real heavy duty collectors show up on Weds. night and Thursday and Friday, and are often gone by the weekend.

But this has changed in recent years as my approach is to always give the best deal I can upfront and NOT wait for the weekend. Still, I do see some people coming back on Saturday and Sunday to renegotiate or buy something at the last minute, or on their way out the door.

I am still one of the old time dealers who accepts checks as a form of payment, for sometimes large amounts that other dealers would not take a chance on. If we have done business before, your check is golden and in most cases if we have not done business before, I still accept checks when my antennas do not go off. If I refuse a check, then that means I have some immediate concerns about the purchaser.

Regards,

Steve Sabow, Booth 1114, DynamicTwo@aol.com
Old 07-21-2019, 03:46 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post
As a booth holder, I used to say that Saturday and Sunday were historically my worst days at the National as those were the days that the true bargain holders showed up to make their best deals. The real heavy duty collectors show up on Weds. night and Thursday and Friday, and are often gone by the weekend.

But this has changed in recent years as my approach is to always give the best deal I can upfront and NOT wait for the weekend. Still, I do see some people coming back on Saturday and Sunday to renegotiate or buy something at the last minute, or on their way out the door.

I am still one of the old time dealers who accepts checks as a form of payment, for sometimes large amounts that other dealers would not take a chance on. If we have done business before, your check is golden and in most cases if we have not done business before, I still accept checks when my antennas do not go off. If I refuse a check, then that means I have some immediate concerns about the purchaser.

Regards,

Glad to hear someone still takes checks, I still pay with them sometimes. On here if it is someone I have dealt with before they usually send out the cards when I send out the check. Some wait till they receive the check and a few wait till it clears the bank. I figure as long as I don't have to use PayPal I am happy.
Old 07-21-2019, 05:10 PM
Bob McLean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_NY View Post

Regards,

I do the same thing if I know them very well Steve.
Old 07-21-2019, 11:51 PM

HOF Yankees, I have not heard from you. Did you get the thee emails I sent to you with pictures of 1960 cards?

Last edited by rkrolewicz; 07-21-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:08 AM
K@t Alex@nder

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Glad to hear someone still takes checks, I still pay with them sometimes.
Love ya Ben but keep it to baseball shows. Please please please don't do this when there's a line behind you at the grocery store.
Old 07-22-2019, 07:45 AM
Jake Dahl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kateighty View Post
Love ya Ben but keep it to baseball shows. Please please please don't do this when there's a line behind you at the grocery store.
i love paying by couch coins at the grocery store!!!

1960 Topps Baseball set

Old 07-22-2019, 09:00 AM

Did you get my emails?