NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-24-2006, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Default Did anyone see this T210 series 8 auction before it ended? Levin strikes again.

Posted By: david levin

Nice little southern league lot with a couple gems hidden in there!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8780580143&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Old 03-24-2006, 05:55 PM
Administrator

Default Did anyone see this T210 series 8 auction before it ended? Levin strikes again.

Posted By: dstudeba

I know Zach, I, and a couple other people did.

(if it is on eBay you know Zach has seen it)

Old 03-24-2006, 06:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Zach Rice

Thanks Dan . There were four larger groupings total and one two card grouping. The thing that threw me off is I thought many didn't look as nice as they did in the pictures which happens to be pretty accurate, they aren't bad though but in cards like the Hindu lot the Tinker is missing a corner that wasn't clear in the scan, imo. With the price of T210 series 8s these days you pretty much got the southern leaguers for free if you sell off the T210s.

Old 03-24-2006, 07:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: martin dalziel

I saw it, tracked it, and decided not to bid on it. Given that i was really only interested in the T210's, I figured i'd contact the buyer afterwards and see if they were interested in moving them. I didn't know that you were the buyer, but I guess it explains why you didn't respond to my email.

edited to change tense

Old 03-25-2006, 02:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Martin Neal

I was next highest bidder on the Hindu lot. I fell asleep on the t210 series 8 lot. What was that name of that sniper service?

Old 03-25-2006, 05:05 AM
Administrator

Posted By: martin dalziel

You know how some people know how to write so well; and then there are people like me.

I owe David Levin an apology. In my post above i said "I didn't know that you were the buyer, but I guess it explains why you didn't respond to my email"

What i was trying to say was "Had the winner been a run of the mill collector and Ebay bidder, i would have expected the chances of me receiving a response to my email to be higher than from someone who is a dealer in cards. Given that Davis is a dealer, I doubt that he, or people that work for him, have the time to respond to every inquiry that they likely get from people on Ebay asking about lots that were won".

I'm still not sure i'm doing the best job of explaining my thoughts. I wasn't at all put off from not getting a response and my original message was in no ways intended to make David look bad. Apologies if people read it that way.

Martin