NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-04-2002, 07:02 PM
Administrator

Default show update in Cowtown- Winter Ranger Carnival

Posted By: leon

ok folks ...slow night here so thought I would change the subject from the darn grading crap....I will see what the guys over at SGC say in the next day or so and that will be it. Thanks to everyone for your valuable input. I truly mean that. Now on to the show. It was in Arlington Texas and is the Winter Ranger Carnival. Just thought I would take a second also to say what a delight Pete Rose was with the kids. It almost made my skin tingle to see how he treated them. It might have been for a few bucks but I was there and saw the children's joy and time he took with each and every one. I know he did some stuff but that is another topic altogether. Bottom line is it was great to see him and the kids laughing and having fun. The show had about 100 -150 tables ...not sure exactly how many. Roger N. was there and I got my problem with the fake Fro-Joy resolved. Took a Griffith-S74-white, 41 Double Play Ott-Whitehead, an e254 Clarke, and an e270 common in trade....I threw in $20.00 more too but really shouldn't have had to. I played my "cards" a little backwards and it cost me the $20.00 I think.. I had already visited Scott's table and that is where I picked up the Matty, a T204 Chance in a PSA3, an E100 in ex-mt- nrmt and a T207 Tinker in vg. Filled about 8 holes in one weekend. (easy ones but ones none the less) I think my time is quickly coming that I can not fill that many voids in my collection at once. Of all the other tables there were about 5 vintage cards total. As far as vintage goes, except for Scott and Roger, I would rate it pretty poor. I still am happy though and that's what it's all about....till next time....BTW, also measured a very suspect Mayo and, although the corners were almost too sharp, Scott and I came to the conclusion (after louping and examining and comparing) that it was ok...... life is good