NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-22-2016, 07:36 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Please support our Advertisers

I just want to put out a friendly message to our great members. When it is time to consign your fine collectibles I hope you will support one of our advertisers. I always do. (of course) They are the reason this place keeps going the way it does.There are others too, who advertise sporadically around their auctions, but these fine folks below always have a banner on our board and I hope get serious consideration if you enjoy this board. I am working with at least one of them on ways to make it more beneficial too. Thanks again to all of our members and advertisers. Here is a quick list... In no specific order-

Mile High Card Co.
RMY
Huggins & Scott
Heritage Auctions
SGC
Lelands
Sterling Sports Auctions
Love of the Game Auctions
PWCC
REA
Invest In Baseball
Jim Stinson Autographs
Saco River Auctions
Wheatland Auctions
BST Auctions
Brockelman Auctions

Last edited by Leon; 12-22-2016 at 09:23 AM.
Old 12-22-2016, 07:43 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Interestingly I got a PM while typing my first post to this thread asking about consigning a large collection. The member said someone from another auction contacted him but hopefully after my truthful PM back he will find one of our advertisers to go with. I told him I would help any way I can, and I will!! I always want our advertisers to win business and if I can help, why not?

Last edited by Leon; 12-23-2016 at 09:54 AM. Reason: made it less personal, could have been any company.....
Old 12-22-2016, 07:59 AM
D@le Irv*n

I did not know, SGC was an advertiser here.

That is good to know!
Old 12-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I did not know, SGC was an advertiser here.

That is good to know!
Dale look at the top of the page, they are always up there.

I just sent them 119 cards including a complete 59 Fleer Ted Williams set. IMHO they are by far the best in the business.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:12 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Dale look at the top of the page, they are always up there.

I just sent them 119 cards including a complete 59 Fleer Ted Williams set. IMHO they are by far the best in the business.
Can't say I've ever noticed them, Ben?
I see others, (just checked) like A/H's, PWCC, etc, but no SGC?

Regardless, I am glad to find out they are as I also agree with you based on what I have seen/read since joining.
Old 12-23-2016, 12:13 AM
Jay Cee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Interestingly I got a PM while typing my first post to this thread asking about consigning a large collection. The member said someone from Goldin contacted him but hopefully after my truthful PM back he will find one of our advertisers to go with. I told him I would help any way I can, and I will!!
I thought Goldin was an advertiser on here?
Old 12-23-2016, 01:36 AM

Default The Dickensian viewpoint

I not only support our advertisers, I like to think that with my purchases and consignments I also put food on their plates too, even if it be only crusts of bread and gruel.

Brian
Old 12-23-2016, 07:08 AM
Brendan Mullen

I ONLY support the advertisers on here (other than Hunt Auctions), with RMY being my absolute favorite of all time. They are top notch all the way!!

I do have one question though. Is there a tab for the advertisers? Meaning: Is there a tab I can click on to get a list of the advertisers and a link to their website? If not, I think it would be really helpful!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:40 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
I ONLY support the advertisers on here (other than Hunt Auctions), with RMY being my absolute favorite of all time. They are top notch all the way!!

I do have one question though. Is there a tab for the advertisers? Meaning: Is there a tab I can click on to get a list of the advertisers and a link to their website? If not, I think it would be really helpful!
Thanks for the vote of support for companies that appreciate (and support) an open and honest forum without people hiding behind keyboards. This open of a venue isn't right for all advertisers. It isn't right for ones that do things that don't look on the up and up (like massive shill bidding by their owner or head consignment person) or aren't good at handling tough questions. But for good and honest businesses that deal in pre-war sports material this is a great place to advertise (I am biased of course).
After meeting with an advertiser for lunch yesterday I know they appreciate it too. There isn't a tab with links to our advertisers as of now. We do try to make their auctions known about and appreciate members patience in doing so.

Old 12-23-2016, 08:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Yes, he was.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-23-2016, 09:02 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
http://www.net54baseball.com/showpos...&postcount=270
Old 12-23-2016, 09:38 AM

Invest in baseball is amazing ! Highly recommended
Old 12-23-2016, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
They used to and might even again in the future. However, It could have been any non-advertiser the board member was talking about in his PM and I would have tried to steer his consignment to a company who supports this board. If I can get our member a better deal AND keep the business for a great advertiser, why not? I am biased towards companies who advertise here.

I love the Decalco printing on strips!!
Old 12-23-2016, 12:51 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Thanks for the vote of support for companies that appreciate (and support) an open and honest forum without people hiding behind keyboards. This open of a venue isn't right for all advertisers. It isn't right for ones that do things that don't look on the up and up (like massive shill bidding by their owner or head consignment person) or aren't good at handling tough questions. But for good and honest businesses that deal in pre-war sports material this is a great place to advertise (I am biased of course).
After meeting with an advertiser for lunch yesterday I know they appreciate it too. There isn't a tab with links to our advertisers as of now. We do try to make their auctions known about and appreciate members patience in doing so.

I happily support most of those advertisers on your list (along with a few others who do not advertise here) and while I understand you might be open to having Goldin advertise again, I really do not feel he measures up to the majority of those on your list of regulars. A basic search just on the board will identify them/him as the subject of far too many controversial threads.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:57 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
I just want to put out a friendly message to our great members. When it is time to consign your fine collectibles I hope you will support one of our advertisers. I always do. (of course) They are the reason this place keeps going the way it does.There are others too, who advertise sporadically around their auctions, but these fine folks below always have a banner on our board and I hope get serious consideration if you enjoy this board. I am working with at least one of them on ways to make it more beneficial too. Thanks again to all of our members and advertisers. Here is a quick list... In no specific order-

Mile High Card Co.
RMY
Huggins & Scott
Heritage Auctions
SGC
Lelands
Sterling Sports Auctions
Love of the Game Auctions
PWCC
REA
Invest In Baseball
Jim Stinson Autographs
Saco River Auctions
Wheatland Auctions
BST Auctions
Brockelman Auctions

The last few days I have been having a 'BST Auctions' window open randomly when I try to click on something in this forum. No other advertisers - just 'BST Auctions'. Is this a new regular thing with the site?
Old 01-20-2017, 11:37 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

There shouldn't be random stuff going on although I guess sometimes a glitch can happen on a refresh?
Each advertiser supplies their own banner (or sometimes we will make one per their specs for them). If that is what their banner does then they supplied it to us, is the reason it has the search in it. But it should only be in the spot where the banners are.
We get them sent to us and Brian puts them in the rotations. That one was done by BST Auctions.....Not sure if that answered your question though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
The last few days I have been having a 'BST Auctions' window open randomly when I try to click on something in this forum. No other advertisers - just 'BST Auctions'. Is this a new regular thing with the site?

Last edited by Leon; 01-20-2017 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:09 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

It's definitely a local problem. You likely did a search and are hitting a cached page that has the form post in it. Clear your browser history.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 01-20-2017 at 12:09 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:28 PM
Belltown Vintage

It just happened when I left-clicked on the '…New Member Introductions' link.

But good to know it's a local problem, although it happens on both of my computers which makes no sense. Thanks for your responses.

Last edited by Runscott; 01-20-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 12:33 PM
Dustin
Dustin Mar.ino

If that dark day ever comes I will . lol I don't think my collection is auction house material though .
Old 01-20-2017, 01:05 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

It's funny you bring that up, because I have been plagued the last few days by this window constantly popping up in net54…

Screen Shot 2017-01-20 at 11.51.23 AM.jpg

No matter how many times I clear my browser history or empty the cache, etc., etc., it keeps randomly appearing every time I click on anything here in net54, and only here in net54. I have to constantly click 'cancel' to make it temporarily disappear. Anyone have any idea where this is coming from, why it's showing up and how I can eliminate it?? It is driving me bananas!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 01-20-2017, 01:18 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think that is from one of the banners on the board, probably the one in question. It looks like you are using Safari and you might have to change some settings there?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
It's funny you bring that up, because I have been plagued the last few days by this window constantly popping up in net54…

Attachment 258435

No matter how many times I clear my browser history or empty the cache, etc., etc., it keeps randomly appearing every time I click on anything here in net54, and only here in net54. I have to constantly click 'cancel' to make it temporarily disappear. Anyone have any idea where this is coming from, why it's showing up and how I can eliminate it?? It is driving me bananas!!!!!

Last edited by Leon; 01-20-2017 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:18 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post

Attachment 258435

That's the same pop-up I get, and if I accept it, it goes to 'BST Auctions' (and I am using Safari on both computers)

Last edited by Runscott; 01-20-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:39 PM
Jimmy Knowle$

Which sponsor would be recommended for a non-sports, vintage (1934) lot of over 30 SGC graded cards?

I was working toward the set, but they are hard to find. Focus now on the Monster.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:01 PM
Jeremy W.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
That's the same pop-up I get, and if I accept it, it goes to 'BST Auctions' (and I am using Safari on both computers)
Same here.
Old 01-20-2017, 03:12 PM

I am getting that pop up as well on Safari. Not all of the time though.

Rob M
Old 01-20-2017, 04:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
I am getting that pop up as well on Safari. Not all of the time though.

Rob M
I will see if they can fix it to not do that.....sorry for the issue.