NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 04-26-2017, 04:53 AM

Default Fransisco Lindor Bowman Aflac

Hi guys,I just recently bought a 2010 bowman Aflac Francisco Lindor card on eBay for $30. Between my excitement and rush of looking I failed to realize that the autograph was 98.99% fake and that it wasn't a Topps certified pack issue. The seller is obviously giving the run around saying It's not a fake and that he doesn't offer returns. My question is do these Bowman Aflac cards often gain value and will a fake autograph hinder the value being just scribble?
Old 04-26-2017, 07:03 AM

I've included a picture of the card so a better opinion can be given. Basically the card sales on eBay for a few bucks more than I paid. It'll be a long drawn out process to go through eBay and will probably be at least a month before I get refunded. I don't have much experience with this type of situation so if the fake autograph isnt going to hinder the long term value then I'll let it be. Any help on the matter is greatly appreciated.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wp_ss_20170425_0003.jpg (8.0 KB, 115 views)
Old 04-26-2017, 07:28 AM
Brent Niederman
Bre.nt Nieder.m@n

You already know how I feel about the autograph .

As for future value because of it being an Aflac card? A bad autograph will decrease that cost. Not many people will care to have a card like that. The worst part is that it was signed in a ball point pen so if you were to wipe the autograph it would still have the indentation marks from being "signed".

The seller can give you the run around all they want but you are protected by eBay. You can file a claim stating that the item isn't as described and get a refund hopefully.

Best of luck!
Old 04-26-2017, 04:05 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

If the signature is a forgery, the card is worth maybe 1/4th of an unsigned card.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-26-2017, 04:49 PM
D@le Irv*n

If there are a lot of these cards out there, and I assume there is, then my guess is hardly anyone will want this one with a fake auto on it.
Old 04-26-2017, 05:29 PM

Thanks guys,I'm working with the seller now,but I pretty much already felt the same way. It's a shame to ruin a perfectly good card like that.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
If there are a lot of these cards out there, and I assume there is, then my guess is hardly anyone will want this one with a fake auto on it.
To explain these cards better, there are 2 main versions.
One is the official autographed version that has a serial number printed on it.
Another looks the same, but no autograph or serial number. They are made to get IP autos.

So these "blank" types will have the issue of "is this auto fake or just weird because it was an IP auto." To make matters worse, in the case of Lindor, his auto varies a ton on his certified autos as well.
Old 04-27-2017, 12:27 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Not to sound rude, but as a helpful hint, the aflac auto cards are faked to the wazoo. Be extra careful buying any.

In my mind these are only a couple years away from being shunned like the topps rookie premier autos were (mostly because PSAs stupid grading made fakes flood the market)

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.