NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-05-2012, 08:36 PM
Christopher Williams

Default Babe Ruth Signed Softball Dual-Certified Chris Morales & ACE (Justin Priddy)

I can just visualize Chris Morales and Justin Priddy together in a room discussing the below garbage Babe Ruth signed softball. Too funny.

The below is dual-certified by Chris Morales, Forensic Investigator and Justin Priddy, ACE.

I wonder if Justin is considering teaming up with Morales for future authentication projects?

Ruth-MoralesPriddy-2.jpg

Ruth-MoralesPriddy.jpg

Ruth-MoralesPriddy-1.jpg
Old 03-05-2012, 08:38 PM
Scott

That was from the softball signing. They've had Wagner, Matty adn others. Amazing how the Coach's get access to such Rare stuff.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
That was from the softball signing. They've had Wagner, Matty adn others. Amazing how the Coach's get access to such Rare stuff.
What's even more amazing (well, maybe not) is that Morales & Priddy teamed up to cert that softball. Could there be future joint projects in the works for Morales and Priddy?
Old 03-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Steve Zarelli

Two times zero is still zero.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
What's even more amazing (well, maybe not) is that Morales & Priddy teamed up to cert that softball. Could there be future joint projects in the works for Morales and Priddy?
Lets hope not. It's just sad that people keep buying stuff like this, some people who are clueless, and some who are just crooks.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Banned

It doesn't say they teamed up, it says it was certed by morales as well as Priddy. Where does it say they were sitting side by side?

If an item is certed by abc as well as xyz, does it mean they teamed up too?

Actually, there is more credibility to the possibility of the latter than the former.

Last edited by travrosty; 03-05-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 PM
Scott

I was just perusing their crap, and look at this mess. the WORST Dizzy Dean Forgery Ive ever seen....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/230/dizzy-...-baseball.aspx
Old 03-05-2012, 09:45 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
I was just perusing their crap, and look at this mess. the WORST Dizzy Dean Forgery Ive ever seen....

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/230/dizzy-...-baseball.aspx
Best laugh of the day... that Dean is nuts
Old 03-05-2012, 09:49 PM
Scott

It's hideously bad. WHO IS BIDDING ON THAT CRAP?
Old 03-06-2012, 06:00 AM
Christopher Williams

Now that Priddy has his foot in the door over at Coach's Corner Auctions, I wonder if Priddy, Morales and Taylor will get together on some of the more difficult (hahaha) items.

I was talking with a friend here on Net54 and we both predicted ACE (Justin Priddy) certing items for Coach's Corner, so this really isn't a big surprise.

I can actually see Priddy, Morales and Taylor getting together for some type of annual authenticators conference to share knowledge and exchange exemplars.

I wonder if Priddy conferred with Morales & Taylor on the below item due to the rarity of such an item. Since Coach's Corner only lists one or two Babe Ruth signed bats every month, it makes it imperative that an accurate examination is performed and conferring with a fellow authenticator would be the prudent thing to do.

CC-RuthGehrigBat-ACE.jpg

CC-RuthGehrigBat-ACE-2.jpg

Last edited by thetruthisoutthere; 03-06-2012 at 06:04 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 06:14 AM
Richard Simon

Dizzy Dean actually had a ghost signer.
That CC forgery looks more like a forgery of the ghost signer than a forgery of Dean himself. Nothing more fun than a dumb forger .
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-06-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 07:16 AM
Scott

Drew Max missed his flight to that conference
Old 03-06-2012, 07:54 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Does that bat actually say "To My Pal Priddy From Babe Ruth" ???
Old 03-06-2012, 08:01 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Drew Max missed his flight to that conference
Actually, security at the gate tried to confiscate his magnifying glass, and he refused to allow them to do that, so he was not allowed to board his flight.
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 03-06-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Scott

Last night on Pawn stars, Drew authenticated some Harry Truman signed books. He actually had his "file" w him, w several slight variations over the years on Truman. He stated his file is usually "private" but in this case, he would show it and use it.

They did look real, and I think he got them right. Plus, he of course had the Sherlock Holmesish Magnifyer
Old 03-06-2012, 10:41 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Last night on Pawn stars, Drew authenticated some Harry Truman signed books. He actually had his "file" w him, w several slight variations over the years on Truman. He stated his file is usually "private" but in this case, he would show it and use it.

They did look real, and I think he got them right. Plus, he of course had the Sherlock Holmesish Magnifyer
Scott, maybe Drew Max can show us his secret Mantle & DiMaggio exemplars next time.

MantleDiMaggio-AAU.jpg
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM
Richard Simon

That softball will be making its next appearance in your favorite mall store or "estate" auction in another few weeks.
Some unknowing person will walk past it and see the two COA's, be impressed by that and buy it.
Then in the future, when and if they try to sell it, the ugly truth will come out.
--
Old 03-06-2012, 11:17 AM

Morales n Priddy,.. that's what I call a Double Negative.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
That softball will be making its next appearance in your favorite mall store or "estate" auction in another few weeks.
Some unknowing person will walk past it and see the two COA's, be impressed by that and buy it.
Then in the future, when and if they try to sell it, the ugly truth will come out.
That's exactly what will happen. It will end up in a antiquities store on the west coast and sold to some impulse buyer for 5-10 times the purchase price that the antiquities store paid. And eventually that impulse buyer will decide to part with it and it will be listed on Ebay and it will be removed.

Wouldn't you love to be a fly on the wall when a customer calls either ACE or Drew Max and asks them "Why did Ebay remove my item?"
Old 03-06-2012, 11:25 AM

I'll say it again:

Do you guys really believe that these shops--which sell their wares for quite a pretty penny--are actually bidding in CC's auctions? There are very many of those stores, and a number of them probably move more material each month than Coach's does--they'd have to, just to pay the rent.

Don't be absurd. They get their material right from the source--no middleman involved.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 AM
Richard Simon

They will have no explanation and never will,, but the garbage keeps spreading and infecting the hobby everywhere we look.
--
Old 03-06-2012, 08:17 PM
Scott S

It looks like ACE is setting up at the Boston Shriners show at the end of the month. Maybe I will drop in and say hello and ask just how they can explain some of these hideous authentications of theirs!
Old 03-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Scott

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
It looks like ACE is setting up at the Boston Shriners show at the end of the month. Maybe I will drop in and say hello and ask just how they can explain some of these hideous authentications of theirs!
Really? wow. I was hoping to go to that, prob won't. But yes, that would be cool..haha, if you do that.
Old 03-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
it looks like ace is setting up at the boston shriners show at the end of the month. Maybe i will drop in and say hello and ask just how they can explain some of these hideous authentications of theirs!
go for it !!!
--
Old 03-07-2012, 06:01 PM
Brock

Has anyone made their own forged item, just to bring it into these garbage people and see what they say.

Tags
ace, justin priddy