NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-08-2003, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: anonymous 

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2751793703&category=31719</a" target=_new>http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2751793703&category=31719</a&gt;

edited as the original post was anonymous

Elliot

Elliot

Old 09-08-2003, 10:48 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: Paul Adams

The edges show different shadow depths leading me to believe that the back wasn't peeled but sanded off with a fine grain sandpaper.

Old 09-09-2003, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: Dan Mckee

Darn it! you guys caught me! I have been trying to rip off people from this board all along but you are too smart! This particular auction only, cash only accepted, No refunds, just for your info, it was a TY COBB back I sanded off and or peeled or maybe it was a drum, BL 460, oh no, that is right, it was an old mill brown back with 2 black bars! I should have sanded or peeled it better. I will pick up my game, just trying to recoup some of the money PSA cost me by ripping off board members.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:36 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: leon

School us novices......what's the issue with the card, if there is one? It does look a little rough on the back ....but I have never had a blank backed T206 so I haven't a clue ? later......

Old 09-09-2003, 07:59 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Novice? You guys forgot more than I will ever know. card is home but looking at my scan the back looks textured, I will feel it tonight, oh baby! and add my opinion to the description. I have never owned a T206 with a blank back so I have nothing to compare it to. Just buy it Leon, remember, cash only and NO REFUNDS, AS IS, GOD BLESS.

on a serious note, this came in with other consignments so I will disect it tonight. My auctions always have a money back guarantee.

Edited as to reference of the original poster.

Elliot

Old 09-09-2003, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: runscott

I have spent years building the confidence of my friends, but plan soon to reveal the secret cache of exactly thirty-three (coincidence or something deeper?) '33 Ruths I have been sitting on for years now (I can't reveal my source, but it involved several grandfathers, cigar boxes, and even an antique grandfather clock).

But you might be asking yourself "That's great Scott, but how does this apply to me?" Hold on to your hats Goudey-breath - here's the good news: You can each get one, in "EX" condition, for only $1295 if you purchase now. I am sure you all understand that I cannot accept returns, even if rejected by a grading company - my reasons are fuzzy and somewhat nonsensical, so I won't go into them. But check my feedback on that paragon of virtue, ebay, then start writing those checks!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:06 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Dan is as honest as they come, and if this is indeed a "skinned" t206, I can see how it would be easy enough to miss if he had not seen a real blank-back in the past. Here's a guaranteed real one you can compare it to:

Old 09-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Is that Baltimore Downey for sale????? I love that! I already see 1 major difference with your blank back than mine that I like better about yours. It is hand cut! Meaning maybe from an unfinished sheet that didn't have the printing put on? I just listed back is blank because I really am not sure how or why it is blank. Anyway, My hands are tied right now as I do not have the elberfeld in my hand but will attend to this as soon as I am home from work and will notify all current bidders that I added to the description. I did describe as TOUGH and this was for the Elberfeld of Washington variation. Leon, I know you are chumping at the bit to find something to attack me about but sorry, you will have to keep looking. First time I ever saw you back up an anonymous(spelling) poster, oh that is right, it was against me.
Thanks for the kind words Scott and hold me 1 of those goudeys.

Old 09-09-2003, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Hey Scott,i can see the problems with all of those cards but one,the T206 Hooker,dont see any problem with it......and is it just me and i knows its a little childish but does anyone else laugh when they hear his name,i mean whoever heard of the first name Bock!

Old 09-09-2003, 08:47 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

First, I no longer own any of these except the t205 Ed Reulbach printer scrap card, and I'm keeping it. I picked up most of these as preparation for a VCBC article I wrote on t206 "Problem Cards" - Pete, Keith, John, and Charlie providing plenty of insight, answers to questions, and review. I would love to see more of these collaborative effort articles in VCBC - we have the expertise on the board, and the info is more believable when there are several names in the by-line.

The Hooker card is what I heard Julie once refer to as a "Tall Boy" - it is bigger all the way around than a normal t206, indicating that it probably was either hand-cut or was a corner card on the sheet. No big deal, but a tad interesting.

Old 09-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

I am chumping at the bit.....

Old 09-09-2003, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: John(z28jd)

Anytime you want to do a story Scott,let me know.If i dont know anything about the subject ill either learn or make it up.Try to stick to T206's,old judges or just certain players/teams in general otherwise(like my parents always say) im pretty useless

Old 09-09-2003, 10:57 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

How embarrassing is that! I can't spell, chomping? that doesn't look right either, how about eager? anyway, didn't mean to call you a chump. Dan

Old 09-09-2003, 12:33 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: HalleyGator

The 1894 Betz Baltimore Cabinet arrived safe and sound. Thanks!!

PS - Did you sand the back off of this one too?

Old 09-10-2003, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: TBob

I used to own it and consigned it in an auction of about 150 T206s back in '98. It was an outfit from Oregon or had Oregon in its name, can't remember. It did not appear skinned which led me to believe it was cut from an advertising poster.

Old 09-10-2003, 12:28 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

You guys are all much safer now with this guy on the case! I think he means well but someone needs to clue him in before he attacks a seller.

To: bandache@comcast.net
Subject: Re: Question for seller -- Item #2751793703
Date: Tue, 09 Sep 2003 14:16:37 -0400
DAN
NO ONE, IS GETTING UP YOUR ASS!! I SIMPLY STATED TO CHECK ON THE REAL T-206..IF
THE BUYER WANTS TO BUY IT , HIS, PROBLEM..I JUST THINK THAT THE SELLER SHOULD
ALSO BE AWARE OF THE " FAKES " OUT THERE.. DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE ?? CLUE
LOOK IT UP ON E-BAY.. IT SHOWS WHAT TO LOOK FOR..IF YOU THINK I AM CHEATING YOU,
GO RIGHT AHEAD AND REPORT ME TO E-BAY..BUT , PLEASE,LOOK IT UP FIRST BEFORE YOU
LEAP TO FAR WITH YOUR JUDGEMENTS,..
JOHN

Old 09-10-2003, 10:05 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: john

DAN
OK SHOW ME OTHER T-206 BLANK BACKS..WHICH WERE PRINTED AS SUCH.LIKE THE ONE YOU ARE OFFERING???
JOHN

Old 09-10-2003, 10:34 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: Ben

There are undoubtably blank back t206s. They are pretty rare, but they show up from time to time. Any serious t206 collector would know this.

Old 09-11-2003, 06:13 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

John, Welcome to the board. There is a T206 blank back pictured above. Brooksie emailed me another picture. Obviously they do exist. For you to email all of my bidders and tell them that the card is fake, just shows that you are clueless about T206's. All I suggest is that you make sure you know what you are talking about before you attack a seller and/or the auction. The card is original, 1909-11 T206. The print on front is consistant with my 1000+ extras and each one in my near complete set. Dan.

Old 09-11-2003, 10:46 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: BROOKS

JOHN,NOW THAT YOU HAVE BEEN DULY CHASTISED, AS THIS BOARD IS FAMOUS FOR, LET ME TRY TO GIVE YOU A GREAT REFERENCE PLCAE ON THE WEB FOR T206 CARDS. IT IS WWW.T206MUSEUM.COM THIS SITE HAS A WEALTH OF INFORMATION.GOOD LUCK IN YOUR COLLECTING........REGARDS BROOKS

Old 09-11-2003, 11:01 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

YOU SEEM TO HAVE A LARGE ARTHROPOD LODGED UP YOUR POSTERIOR.

IF YOU DO SOMETHING QUESTIONABLE YOU WILL BE CALLED ON IT - AS YOU HAVE BEEN, AND AS I HAVE BEEN. GET OVER IT.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

I think the card is even MORE VALUABLE than you think because I don't think it is a blank-backed card...

I think it is the ULTRA-RARE "blank front" T206 ...

COMBINED WITH the super rare "error back" proof on which they put the player's photograph on the back rather than the front.

But what do I know?

Old 09-11-2003, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Hal, Damn that was good! I am still laughing! I like the idea, who is to say which is the front and which is the back?

Old 09-11-2003, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Posted By: Hankron

Hal, I had a somewhat similar T206 error once. While otherwise normal, BOTH the back and front were upside down. The problem is that when I turned my head away for just a moment, someone had been switched with the common upright card. Can't trust anyone these days.

Old 09-11-2003, 12:45 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

You can't trust anyone, can you Hankron??

I also don't know what all the fuss is about the 1914 "horizontal" Cracker Jack Matty.

I have the 1915 version, and it ALSO has a "horizontal" picture (if you turn it just right) of Matty's head as he is lying on his side.

I know that this is the way the card is intended to be viewed because Alan Hager told me when he sold me the card for $35,000.

Old 09-11-2003, 02:53 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

IN THE FIRST PLACE SCOTT I WAS MAKING A BLANKET STASTEMENT THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH ME NECESSARILY...I.E. YOUR TIRADE ABOUT BILLINGSLY AND THE GUY THAT WAS SELLING REPRINT T205'S ETC. ETC.THE THREAD RESPONSE WAS TO TRY AND HELP THE FELLOW,SOMETHING YOU DON'T OBVIOUSLY SUBSCRIBE TO. LEON HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD THE OTHER DAY WHENHE SAID YOU WERE IN SUCH A HURRY TO JUMP SOMEONE YOU DON'T EVEN READ ALL THE AUCTION,REMARKS, EMAIL OR WHATEVER. YOU HAVE SOME HOW SET YOURSELF UP AS THE SELF-PROCLAIMED EXPERT ON EVERYTHING IN THE HOBBY AND PLAYING EBAY POLICE. BUT I KNOW AND YOU KNOW WHAT REALLY HAS THE BURR UNDER YOUR SADDLE TO CONSTANTLY TRY TO ATTACK ME ON THE BOARD . I BOUGHT IT FROM YOU AND IT IS THE HYPOCRISY OF YOUR OWN WORDS THAT IS EATIMG AT YOU . IF YOU HAD ANY MANHOOD YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN AT THE NATIONAL TO DISCUSS IT BUT ALAS, YOU CHOSE TO SPEND ALL YOUR HOURS SPEWING INDIGNATION ON OTHERS FROM THE SAFETY OF YOUR KEYBOARD. TRY DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE .....GROW UP AND GET A LIFE

Old 09-11-2003, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

NOTHING PERSONAL BUT PLEASE, PLEASE KEEP ME OUT OF IT. I MET YOU AT THE NATIONAL (AGAIN) AND I THINK WE ARE SQUARED AWAY NOW. YA'LLS ISSUES ARE BETWEEN YA'LL. I SPEAK TO SCOTT ALMOST DAILY AND CONSIDER HIM A FRIEND, AS I DO YOU......REGARDS ALL PS....REMEMBER WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES.....IT'S HOW WE HANDLE THEM THAT SETS US APART.....AND SCOTT IS CORRECT IN SAYING THAT ANY BOARD MEMBER WILL GET SLAMMED FOR DOING CRAPPY STUFF, ME INCLUDED

Old 09-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

I AM CERTAINLY NOT TRYING TO IMPLICATE YOU IN ANYTHING AND YOUR RELASTIONSHIP WITH SCOTT IS YOUR BUSINESS, I WAS MERELY POINTING OUT A RESPONSE YOU MADE TO AN EARLIER THREAD ABOUT DANGEROUS T205'S(AUTHORED BY SCOTT) AND I THOUGHT YOUR PERCEPTION WAS A VALID ONE. THIS IS THE REPLY I SPEAK OF.....REGARDS BROOKS .am I missing something Ya'll ??? February 12 2003, 9:22 AM

The guys clearly states it is not real....I don't see a problem here except for ya'll not reading exactly what it says. Maybe I am missing something? Surely you guys read the sellers caveats about "looking" 100% authentic. The next paragraph says he is supposed to say it is not real and that is what he has done. Are we so prone to jumping on bandwagons that we overlook the obvious? If you read the description once you might not see it but the second time I read it I didn't have a problem. Maybe it's just me regards all

Old 09-11-2003, 05:20 PM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

Hey BROOKS,
I MOST CERTAINLY DID SAY WHAT YOU SAID I DID. I WILL ALWAYS STAND BEHIND (OR IN FRONT OF) WHATEVER I SAY. IF I MAKE A MISTAKE (RARELY ) I WILL ADMIT IT AND MOVE ON.....SCOTT AND I SPOKE ABOUT THE STATEMENT YOU RECALLED, AT THE TIME I SAID IT, AND HE AGREED THAT ON THAT OCCASION HE JUMPED A LITTLE TOO SOON....NO BIGGIE....TAKE CARE.....PS....WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE TYPE CARD I GOT TODAY ....WOW

Old 09-12-2003, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Default Blank Back t206

...which is certainly more than it deserves. I won't reply to most of it, but I will say this:

Suggesting that from your perspective a physical confrontation is necessary to settle your disputes, is ridiculous for a grown man. First of all, none of the board disputes any of us have have anything to do with how big WE are, or our "manhood" (as you put it). Second, your threats will not make you any younger or stronger, or improve your vision, so shut up, put away your x-acto knive, and use your vintage baseball powers for good rather than evil. Everyone, including yourself, will benefit.