NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2017, 07:44 AM
Tony

Default does anyone use COMC?

I'm thinking of giving them a bunch of cards, I no longer want or need; I know I'll start small; maybe a few thousand at first,I would give them vintage raw, (say vg-ex stuff that's not worth grading and modern game used and auto to start; just wondering what kind of success people have had over there? If this is wrong board for this question please feel free to move.

What type of traffic do they get?
How do they compare to ebay in terms of sales?
I know they are a time saver, but am I getting less money than if I sell on ebay and start at .99 auctions?

I'm not concerned about them holding my money as I'll just buy stuff I am working on.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:02 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
I'm thinking of giving them a bunch of cards, I no longer want or need; I know I'll start small; maybe a few thousand at first,I would give them vintage raw, (say vg-ex stuff that's not worth grading and modern game used and auto to start; just wondering what kind of success people have had over there? If this is wrong board for this question please feel free to move.

What type of traffic do they get?
How do they compare to ebay in terms of sales?
I know they are a time saver, but am I getting less money than if I sell on ebay and start at .99 auctions?

I'm not concerned about them holding my money as I'll just buy stuff I am working on.
Can only comment as a buyer. I like them because I can buy several cards over a long period of time and have them shipped to me at one time to save a lot of $ on shipping.

Like eBay they are becoming a museum with a lot of crazily over priced cards just sitting there for years. The worst part of COMC IMHO is their search engine is beyond horrible.

There are a few COMC sellers on here so hopefully you will get the answers you are looking for.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:19 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I use them. They will now post cards on Ebay so for those cards that aren't worth your time they are good.

It can become a money grab for sellers. For instance if you want them listed on Ebay or Amazon you have to accept 80% automatically of the card. Yet if you want to cash out you pay a 20% fee. This comes to 64% of the listing fee for a card that sells on another site that they will list to. This is what causes the listings to be so high sometimes. If they are a hot card I would prefer now to hold onto it and sell it myself. If it is just common players from vintage years or inserts with little stock on COMC those are the cards worth listing and let sit until someone finds them looking to complete a set.

I have decided, for high value cards listing them myself on ebay was the better route. I had cards listed on COMC for a while with $50+ price tags that weren't selling. Had the cards shipped to me and listed them on ebay and got them all sold for the same price (occasionally more) I had them listed at.

Basically I find COMC better for set collectors or team collectors looking for obscure cards. It doesn't work so well (for me) to try and sell the hottest cards from the hottest sets.

When I do sell, I invest in another card(s) that I believe I can get more than 80% for on Ebay after fees. Since, as I mentioned earlier, if I cash out I only get 80% of my money. This usually saves me from losing more money in the end.
Old 01-26-2017, 09:58 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default fees

You said you would send them a few thousand cards. You have to pay them 25 cents per card up front, so 4000 cards will cost you $1000 plus shipping.

It really can be a great deal because they do all of the work for you, if your cards sell. Many of the cards on COMC have been sitting there for 3-4 years. Many sellers won't accept offers, or they only accept offers of 5-10% off.

You will receive a lot of low ball offers, but if you want to move your cards quickly you may need to accept these offers.

And remember, if you want to cash out, COMC takes 20% off of the top.

Good luck. Hopefully, I will be sending you some low ball offers.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-26-2017, 02:34 PM
Al Richter

Default Comc

As strictly a buyer and a variant collector I use them and Dean's when needing back scans of cards I am looking to find
Old 01-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Tony

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
You said you would send them a few thousand cards. You have to pay them 25 cents per card up front, so 4000 cards will cost you $1000 plus shipping.

It really can be a great deal because they do all of the work for you, if your cards sell. Many of the cards on COMC have been sitting there for 3-4 years. Many sellers won't accept offers, or they only accept offers of 5-10% off.

You will receive a lot of low ball offers, but if you want to move your cards quickly you may need to accept these offers.

And remember, if you want to cash out, COMC takes 20% off of the top.

Good luck. Hopefully, I will be sending you some low ball offers.
I thought they told me at the national that they credit your account for listing fee's and apply sales first to that balance; I will call to confirm this.

Is there any to eliminate the really "low ball" offers like on ebay ? Except yours, of course, LOL

Last edited by cardsnstuff; 01-26-2017 at 02:50 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:15 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

I have $50,000 in cards for sale currently on COMC. Most of them are also cross-listed on eBay. There is currently some issue with Amazon that the cards are not for sale there currently, but they're supposed to go back up soon. Of those cards, I think I submitted maybe 3-4 thousand, and bought the rest on site either individually or through buying ports (portfolios).

They will not charge your submission on the day they get it. They will charge you a quarter for every card that they process and add to your account. If you send them in all on basic service level, it will be about 5 weeks before any of them get listed, and they will all get uploaded by the due date of 8 weeks after submission. Any one not processed by that time, they will only charge you 12.5 cents per card.

I do not send in cards that already have a bunch listed on site. I also don't send in any that already have cards listed at 50 cents or less. If you are going to flip cards (buy ports or cards on site to relist on site), you should switch your account to Advanced Resellers Mode. So really, you should cull down those thousands of cards you're going to send in to 1,000 to start with, and I'd recommend those be ones with values of $2-20. That will give you a feel of how quickly cards sell, what they sell for, and a general feel for the site. If you like it, send more in.

The minimum offer anyone can send you for a card is 50%, but you can change that in your seller's profile. That is also where you can choose whether or not to sell on eBay/Amazon. Supposedly, they are going to reduce the selling fees for listing on eBay. Send me a PM if you have any other questions.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:17 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Here is what I turned some store credit into this month on COMC. All these were bought from profits from selling cards.
http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...233246&page=11
Old 01-26-2017, 03:17 PM
D3nn!s B@!!ou

I buy comc cards on eBay. Oddball low price cards I can't find elsewhere. It's great for that.
Old 01-26-2017, 03:20 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Econteachert205 View Post
I buy comc cards on eBay. Oddball low price cards I can't find elsewhere. It's great for that.
If you buy the cards on eBay, you could probably get a better price by watching the sales directly on COMC.com . Sellers run sales of 10% off to 90% off. I know mine (consignor 0n8 on eBay), I will usually accept offers of 40% off and regularly accept offers for half off. So if you're buying through them on eBay, I highly recommend you do it straight on COMC.com. Sales on comc.com do not transfer on to Amazon or eBay so you'll only see them at their list prices.

Last edited by swarmee; 01-26-2017 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
If you buy the cards on eBay, you could probably get a better price by watching the sales directly on COMC.com . Sellers run sales of 10% off to 90% off. I know mine (consignor 0n8 on eBay), I will usually accept offers of 40% off and regularly accept offers for half off. So if you're buying through them on eBay, I highly recommend you do it straight on COMC.com. Sales on comc.com do not transfer on to Amazon or eBay so you'll only see them at their list prices.
Also, I believe you wouldn't save on combined shipping buying COMC stuff from eBay. Is that correct?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:20 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

You would save money by leaving them Not For Sale in your COMC account rather and getting them mailed as a group rather than take delivery in separate packages every time you buy something off eBay's comcconsignment account. There is an extra quarter added to your shipping cost if you're buying multiple cards at once through eBay that's not there on COMC's site.
Here's another trick. eBay doesn't allow for any card under 99 cents to be listed as Buy-It-Now, so it could cost 40 cents on COMC, but will be listed on eBay for 99 cents.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:06 PM
Tony

Swarmee; I sent you PM
Old 01-27-2017, 07:12 AM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

I go there to test if my internet connection works when I am having trouble with it.

It is pretty useful to ensure I don't have a caching issue.
Old 01-28-2017, 12:58 PM
qualitycards

Thank You John (swarmee) for talking w/ me for a half hour yesterday regarding COMC.
They should put you on the payroll
Old 01-28-2017, 01:08 PM
S Gross

I have bought a few COMC cards off ebay, when the price was right (unfortunately not to often ).

But, because of this thread, I gave it a shot on the COMC site.

Took a bit to get adjusted to it, BUT had 3 offers accepted, that I was very happy with (<------ dangling participle )

Got it bookmarked for future.