NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-02-2012, 05:32 PM

Default Yet another returned card by the famous Joey Farino

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1954-54-Topp...p2047675.l2557

Joey bought this card and returned it for no apparent reason. He is lexguy81 and italianz31 on ebay. I am not sure what he gains by buying cards and then returning them.

Just a heads up, I think Leon has talked to him by phone, but he seems to not go through on any large purchases. Though he does return the cards.

Strange MO for sure.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

Negative feedback threat in order to get the seller to lower the price is his mo and he uses the eBay bucks to buy items. Also believe he is using a credit card to make purchases. He was banned from the cgc comic board and was the talk of comic con a few weeks ago. He bought a Ruth signed ball a few weeks ago.
Old 11-02-2012, 05:53 PM
J@son M1ller

Is there any chance that he is getting high graded cards and then scanning them and returning them? I don't know why but could he be doing that in order to make fakes or something from scans of real cards?
Old 11-02-2012, 05:59 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I think I did speak with him once. That being said he had so much baggage (and aliases) he was banned from this board and still is. We just don't need those types.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:27 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

Looks like he spent like 20k this last month on ebay. I know ebucks gives like 2% or something when people buy somehting. If he returns the card does the ebayer still get the 2%? Thats 400.00 and would be a big loop hole in the system. Also dan did you have to pay the ebay fees once joey returned the Hank aaron card?
How does this all work?

Last edited by cobblove; 11-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:38 PM
Jeff

Aren't Ebay Bucks only awarded every three months?

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-02-2012, 06:41 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

I think you are right. But at 400.00 in just 1 month means hes on his way to get 1200.00 for 3 months. Of almost $5,000.00 for 1 year. Im wondering if the guy who returns the card still gets the 2% from ebay.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:45 PM
David Bryan

Hey Dan, I feel your pain. Not long ago he purchased 2 very expensive cards from me. I never got payment and when I sent him follow up emails he said he wanted out of the deal because on a certain night his house was broken into and most of his valuables plus his collection were stolen. I thought this was very questionable so I did some searching. On the very night that he said his house was broken into he purchased a $3000 card and had many other purchases the following days. I also contacted some of the sellers from previous purchases by him and the funny thing is one of the sellers was told the same story but that was a week earlier than his purchase from me. He must live in a really rough neighborhood.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:49 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

Told me his grandmother died and his girlfriend got pregnant in the same month. Sounds like a lucky guy.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:12 PM
Brian Macdonald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Told me his grandmother died and his girlfriend got pregnant in the same month. Sounds like a lucky guy.
There must be a country and western song in there somewhere.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:17 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrone View Post
There must be a country and western song in there somewhere.
Just add a train, rain, prison and a pick up truck.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 11-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Told me

Told me his grandmother got pregnant and his girlfriend died. No wait...his goldfish drowned...no it was that he lost his job on the same day his unemployment check was stolen from his mailbox...
The guy is a regular 4- leaf clover.

(just kidding, i don't think he is a clover)

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Just add a train, rain, prison and a pick up truck.
"I was drunk the day my mom got out of prison.
I went to pick her up in the rain.
But before I could reach the station in my pickup truck
She got runned over by a damned old train."
David Allen Coe (This verse was actually written by Steve Goodman)

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 11-02-2012 at 07:53 PM.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobblove View Post
I think you are right. But at 400.00 in just 1 month means hes on his way to get 1200.00 for 3 months. Of almost $5,000.00 for 1 year. Im wondering if the guy who returns the card still gets the 2% from ebay.
When a card is returned and money is also returned the ebay bucks come back off the account per my experience...
Old 11-02-2012, 08:02 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
When a card is returned and money is also returned the ebay bucks come back off the account per my experience...
I believe you are right.
Old 11-02-2012, 08:10 PM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
I had the same experience with ebay bucks about a year ago with a returned pottery item that had an undisclosed chip. (The ebay bucks were also returned)
Old 11-03-2012, 10:07 AM

Luckily this wasn't me selling the Aaron. He returned my R315 Ruth awhile back. he tried to buy my Tolstoi T206 Cobb but I cancelled the transaction. He then clobbered me with a negative but was nice enough to revise it for me.

I just don't want the hassle of dealing with him when he reutrns tons of graded cards. I am no fan of graded cards but that many can't be graded wrong.

I can't imagine he would get to keep the ebay bucks after a return and a fee reversal by the seller. Ebay should see the amount of returned items and do something but I guess the buyer is always right in ebay's eyes.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Told me his grandmother got pregnant and his girlfriend died. No wait...his goldfish drowned...no it was that he lost his job on the same day his unemployment check was stolen from his mailbox...
The guy is a regular 4- leaf clover.

(just kidding, i don't think he is a clover)
This is funny!
Old 11-03-2012, 10:15 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
What if the purchases are made within a few days of the end of the quarter, and then returns are made after ebay bucks are awarded for that quarter?
Old 11-03-2012, 11:33 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default ebay bucks rules

If you return a purchase, the eBay Bucks earned for that purchase will be deducted from your eBay Bucks balance total. If the return occurred in the next earn period, you may even start off with a negative balance.

Are there any limitations on how many eBay Bucks I can earn?
Yes. You can earn:
Up to $100 in eBay Bucks on any single eBay purchase. This means that if the eBay Bucks earn percentage is 2% and the purchase price (excluding tax, shipping fees) is in excess of $5,000, you would be restricted from earning any more eBay Bucks for that purchase beyond the $100 eBay Bucks purchase earn limit.
Up to $500 in eBay Bucks for all qualifying purchases during a given calendar quarter. This means that if the eBay Bucks earn percentage is 2% and the total value of qualifying purchases exceeds $25,000 during a given calendar quarter, you would be restricted from accumulating any more eBay Bucks beyond the $500 eBay Bucks quarterly earn limit.
For how long can I earn?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Another consideration would be if he's using a credit card with some sort of Rewards Program to pay for the purchases, the card issuer may have different policies.

When you force a refund through Paypal for a return, if the buyer paid with a credit card, the funds are refunded to that card, not into the buyer's Paypal account. I can't imagine the card issuer would still give him rewards for charges that are refunded, but without knowing what card/program he has, we can't be sure.
Old 11-04-2012, 08:50 PM
K1rk K3ith

Default Joey

Just got an email from one of his aliases jadon smith it said he was coming to visit me. Just in case you haven't seen this guy here is a picture.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:00 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Any other known aliases for Joey? Had a recent experience with him using the eBay ID paul77781 to bid on an auction item.

He wasn't the winner, so I thankfully didn't have to deal with him directly, but his wreckless bidding with a new ID set up a few days before raised suspicions of shill bidding. Even when they guy doesn't win, he still causes problems, and I'd rather just block any and all aliases of his from bidding in the first place (though that will probably only work for a week or so until he sets up a new account).
Old 12-06-2012, 04:46 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I know there is a way to ban certain people from your ebay auctions. May as well ban him so he cant bit on your stuff.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-06-2012, 09:24 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
I know there is a way to ban certain people from your ebay auctions. May as well ban him so he cant bit on your stuff.
That is why I was asking if there are other known aliases besides the 3 given in this thread. To ban someone from bidding on your stuff, you have to know what eBay ID to ban.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/manage_bidders_ov.html