NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-19-2012, 03:27 PM
John Manning

Default PayPal doesn't want my cash any more?

I'm sure this has been hashed over here before, and I know Bill Latzko had a long running commentary about eBay and its restrictions. Nonetheless...

Has anyone else encountered PayPal's demand that long time customers supply more information so that they might become, what should we call it, sponge-worthy? I've supplied everything but my mother's wedding ring, and they still don't seem to be satisfied. Since they're in thrall to eBay, I'm stuck. I can pay, through my bank account, but i can't add funds.

What's up here? (As though it would make sense to a ratiional person.)
Old 06-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Mark Fox

I haven't had a Paypal account for a number of years after I become fed up with their business practices and policies. I "process" or make all of my Ebay purchase payments through Paypal using my credit card which they allow without an account but I refuse to give them a penny of my money. There are also other alternatives if you're an Ebay seller rather than being forced to use Paypal. There is life without Paypal.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Daryl

Bob, a few questions:

1) Did PayPal mention anything about how he or she "suffers for the PayPal" or did they quickly dismiss you with "no PayPal for you, come back one year!" ?

2) Did you make PayPal a pizza pie without washing your hands?

3) Did PayPal mention you were "breathtaking" ?
Old 06-19-2012, 08:44 PM

double post

Last edited by drc; 06-19-2012 at 08:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:45 PM

The problem surrounding that Seinfeld episode with Papi not washing his hands in the bathroom is that restaurants have sinks and soap in the kitchen. Who's to say Papi didn't wash his hands?

Last edited by drc; 06-19-2012 at 08:51 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 08:59 PM
John Manning

Default Big Papi

But we know he peed on the sofa.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:52 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

Around ten years ago, i did alot of selling on ebay and had a paypal account too. I had a flawless account for a couple years and somehow someone logged into my ebay account and listed hundreds of auctions. When i found out and called them, they told me i still had to pay all the fees for those auctions. When i refused, they shut both accounts down. Since then, i use my mothers ebay account and always ask the seller if they accept postal money orders. 95% of sellers have no problem with money orders. The other 5% think the ebay police are gonna show up at their door if they don't use paypal even though i mention that postal money orders can be cashed at the post office with no clearing time. The only problem on my end is when a really good buy it now deal is listed and i'm waiting for the ok from the seller and someone else buys it before i hear back.