NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-02-2018, 09:10 AM

Default You Favorite Auction House

Hey Guys.... I figured i would ask a totally random question. Where do you think the best place to consign some cards is. I have a a number of 57's 54's in decent high condition raw. Example 70% of a 54' set in true NM PSA 6-8 condition raw.

I normally ebay stuff my self and do pretty well. I just dont have the time and figured i would send them to an auction how. I figured i would ask peoples opinions i am not head set on doing it yet but i figured i would see what people typically do around here

-Ryan
Old 01-02-2018, 09:47 AM
Fred

REA is a favorite.

One of my favorites no longer conducts auctions - Barry Sloate was a great auction I looked forward to. Retired, huh Barry?
Old 01-02-2018, 10:03 AM
Ken McMillan

Heritage, REA, Love of The Game, Sterling
Old 01-02-2018, 12:07 PM
Kev1n @1les

Not an auction house but I have enjoyed doing business with Sean Bassik Cards. He sells them individually (similar to Greg Morris), gets eyeballs, turns payment around quickly, and provides nice service.

With what you are describing, it seems that would bring back the maximum versus getting lost in a larger auction or being dinged with grading fees to have them slabbed for the AH.

Good luck to you - sounds like a great bunch of cards!

53-55 Red Mans Complete Set
Old 01-02-2018, 12:12 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I would simply say that I would not consign cards to an AH that is foolish enough not to make a donation and advertise here.
Yes, on occasion I will buy from them ,but as a consignor I'd certainly be a little interested in why they don't shell out minimal money to advertise on what is far and away the most knowledgeable board on the internet to discuss vintage cards and memorabilia.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-02-2018 at 12:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:20 PM

So Snap....Who makes donations to this site and advertising on here... :-P and thanks for the info guys...I just figured i would try to get as much as i can. if i have to pay x% to do so...great but that would be i get x% more typically which might mean a 5% loss off of listing them my self.

So i figured that 5% might be worth my time. plus probably about 25% of the cards are OC...but would grade PSA 9 OC so if they lot them how they lot them it could be beneficial than getting stuck with something. :-P
Old 01-02-2018, 03:17 PM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlorenz View Post
Hey Guys.... I figured i would ask a totally random question. Where do you think the best place to consign some cards is. I have a a number of 57's 54's in decent high condition raw. Example 70% of a 54' set in true NM PSA 6-8 condition raw.

I normally ebay stuff my self and do pretty well. I just dont have the time and figured i would send them to an auction how. I figured i would ask peoples opinions i am not head set on doing it yet but i figured i would see what people typically do around here

-Ryan

I have not dealt with the AH’s mentioned in this thread but I have purchased several ungraded cards from Great Lakes Auction House On ebay. He sells only ungraded cards mostly HOF’rs but has a lot of followers and gets good prices for the cards he sells. I’m not sure what the forum thinks of GLAH but willing to listen.

I think I read a thread where he cracks slabbed cards and resells.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-02-2018, 03:28 PM
Bob Hamlin

I've sold my T205 set in pieces through the BST and had a good deal of success. List what you have, provide scans as needed and list a price.
No %'s and allows you to develop a relationship for future transactions.

If you decide to go the AH route, for cards id suggest Sterling, Kevin Savage. Some of the big guys, your stuff may get lost in the shuffle being ungraded.

Just my .02, I'd use the BST