NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-21-2004, 08:50 AM
Administrator

Default Sunday Listing on Ebay

Posted By: Lee Behrens

I know that Sunday evening seems to be the most time to have your cards finish on ebay, but I also find my self getting bored going through all the listings and overlooking some.
I think I got some proof that I am not the only one that this is happening to. Jay recently listed a 6 T and E cards not in the greatest condition but presentable and he did not receive even $5 for any of them, them ranged from ($2-$4, who said there aren't bargains out there).

What are your selling habits for listing on ebay? How often do you check ebay and what time?

I personally like to end my listings either Tuesday, Wednesday, evenings and Saturday afternoon has been very good to me.

Just Curious on what others think,

Lee

Old 12-21-2004, 09:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

Sat. and Mon. evenings (you don't get "lost" in the Sunday listings). Wed. and Thurs. evenings seem good as well.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob L

Follow Scott Gaynor's auction timetables. He has his auctions set to end at particular times that seem to work best.

Old 12-21-2004, 09:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: DD

I list about 250-300 items a week, and never have any of them end on a weekend. I used to, and found that the only bidders were the ones that felt no one else is bidding. None of my regular customers were bidding, so I stopped the weekend listings.

Of course, for buyers that use sniping software, I guess it doesn't matter when the listing ends.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

Now I have chnaged a few things and want all my auctions to end on Saturday or Friday for some reason. I seem to have better luck with those days but I'm not sure why.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

to really think about what day I list stuff. I generally just scramble to get ANYTHING listed lately but I think with the prevalence of sniper software the when/where issues are generally starting to neutralize. I do know a LOT of people don't use them though, so I guess to get max exposure, I need to work harder on WHEN I list things!

I'm sure, I, like many other people, peruse the listings not only at home but at work (VERY VERY little, in case anyone is reading this from security), and basically just do searches on items I'm looking for. I don't really browse the pre-1930 categories anymore because of all the 'paper stock cutout' crap thats out there.

Old 12-21-2004, 10:27 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

I bid on a lot of material throughout the week. I usually place minimal bids on items that I want to track. Apparently I am not lucky enough to win most of these auctions (which include auctions that end at all different hours and days). Again, these are minimal bids that I wouldn't expect to win many of the auctions.

I usually ignore (don't bid on) items with reserves because I'd rather know what the minimum price is that the seller wants for the item. I'd rather bid on an item with a high minimum than an unknown reserve.

I wish I knew a time or date slot which draws minimal interest to an item because those are the items I'd try to win. No competition would mean lower winning bids.

At least twice a week I do a global search for certain items which interest me so the time and day of the auctions end doesn't impact me unless of course it happens to be a 1 or 3 day auction that is outside of my global search days. Most auctions seem to be 5 days plus.

I would have to venture to guess that if an auction received no interest then the starting price or shipping charge (or something) was not inviting enough for someone to bid on the item.

Try selling some nice 19th century material at a time that appears to be a lousy time slot and I will show you a new and lively time slot!!!

Happy Holidays to all!!!

Old 12-21-2004, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

I never know which days are best, other than Scott Gaynor never has stuff end on Sunday. I'm sure he knows more than I. This last Sunday I won an item for much, much less than I expected. After goofing off and forgeting to raise my bid at the last moment as I wanted, I was surprised to find out I won. Not scientific evidence, but I thought "Must be because it's Sunday like Scott says."