NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for BSelling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on Ebay
Pre-WWII Cards
Post WWII Cards
Vintage Memorabilia
Babe Ruth Cards
Ty Cobb Cards
Lou Gehrig Cards
Mickey Mantle Cards
Goudey Cards
Bowman Cards
T205s on Ebay
Tobacco "T" Cards
Caramel "E" Cards
Vintage Baseball Postcards
Football Cards on Ebay
Exhibit Cards
Strip Cards
Baking Cards
Sporting News
Playball Cards on Ebay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #401  
Old 06-15-2016, 02:31 PM
nebboy's Avatar
nebboy nebboy is offline
John Hanssen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 834
Default

beach
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1439.jpg (72.8 KB, 1080 views)
Reply With Quote
  #402  
Old 06-16-2016, 09:06 AM
Bpm0014's Avatar
Bpm0014 Bpm0014 is offline
Brendan Mullen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 2,194
Default

Where is the card now? I'm going to the US Open. If it can be overnighted I'll be happy to take some pics of Buck in the deep rough.....
Reply With Quote
  #403  
Old 06-16-2016, 10:07 AM
nebboy's Avatar
nebboy nebboy is offline
John Hanssen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 834
Default

As stated he is going to College World Series this weekend ( June 18,19 ) I will post photos then. I've had a request already for him next but haven't finalized, will keep all informed as to his next temporary home.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1467.jpg (75.8 KB, 771 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1463.jpg (73.6 KB, 777 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1455.jpg (73.5 KB, 776 views)

Last edited by nebboy; 06-28-2016 at 11:38 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #404  
Old 06-17-2016, 09:29 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebboy View Post
As stated he is going to College World Series this weekend ( June 18,19 ) I will post photos then. I've had a request already for him next but haven't finalized, will keep all informed as to his next temporary home.
Thanks for taking good care of him John. He should enjoy the College World Series. It's always fun watching the youth.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #405  
Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM
nebboy's Avatar
nebboy nebboy is offline
John Hanssen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 834
Default

Tcu horn frog
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1459.jpg (71.0 KB, 772 views)

Last edited by nebboy; 06-28-2016 at 11:40 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #406  
Old 06-20-2016, 01:39 PM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is offline
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 6,023
Default

Isn't the penalty for deleting a Large Ass photo quite severe?
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - RAUCOUS SPORTS CARD FORUM MEMBER, WHO STANDS BY MY IRON CLAD GUARANTEE.

I CAN SELL ANY BASEBALL CARD FOR LESS THAN YOU PAID FOR IT.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION


518/1000 Monster Number

Over*760* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-19.
Over 550 sales with satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.



Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 06-20-2016 at 01:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #407  
Old 06-20-2016, 06:53 PM
xplainer's Avatar
xplainer xplainer is offline
Jimmy Knowle$
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: North Florida
Posts: 1,191
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Isn't the penalty for deleting a Large Ass photo quite severe?
Yes, there is. A Large Ass Penalty (LAP).
Reply With Quote
  #408  
Old 06-28-2016, 09:19 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Thanks to John for getting Large Ass back to his regrouping ground in Lucas TX, just north of Dallas. He also wants to thank the several folks who have requested his presence. As was mentioned Large Ass really wants to make his annual pilgrimage to the National Sports Collectors Convention again this year. So he is going to be hopping on a plane for an international flight to Canada where he will visit the Rockies and NY before taking in the scenery in Atlantic City. Chris B, our resident overlay expert, will be his chaperone. Take good care of him Chris....

Here he is looking out the window in Lucas (in his waterproof baggie from an unknown source) and waiting to go....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buck2.jpg (75.4 KB, 807 views)
__________________
Leon Luckey

Last edited by Leon; 06-28-2016 at 09:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #409  
Old 06-28-2016, 09:37 AM
btcarfagno btcarfagno is offline
T0m C@rf@gn0
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Central New Jersey
Posts: 3,111
Default

Large ass is looking rather shapely if I do say so myself.

Tom C
Reply With Quote
  #410  
Old 06-28-2016, 11:34 AM
nebboy's Avatar
nebboy nebboy is offline
John Hanssen
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 834
Default

Deleted

Last edited by nebboy; 06-28-2016 at 11:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #411  
Old 07-07-2016, 02:52 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default Top 10

Over the last few weeks this thread has moved into the top ten most viewed threads on this site. Many of the most viewed threads have to do with negative aspects of the hobby. I like to see threads like this one, the plate scratch thread, "what do you do for a living" the virtual t206 collection, and other positive threads move up the ranks.
Reply With Quote
  #412  
Old 01-14-2017, 12:27 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default Where's Buck?

Is he lost?
Reply With Quote
  #413  
Old 01-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abothebear View Post
Is he lost?
I don't think he's lost. ....have info but am out of pocket right now
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #414  
Old 01-14-2017, 07:39 PM
frankbmd's Avatar
frankbmd frankbmd is offline
Fr@nk Burke++
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Between the 1st tee and the 19th hole
Posts: 6,023
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abothebear View Post
Over the last few weeks this thread has moved into the top ten most viewed threads on this site. Many of the most viewed threads have to do with negative aspects of the hobby. I like to see threads like this one, the plate scratch thread, "what do you do for a living" the virtual t206 collection, and other positive threads move up the ranks.
Gosh, I certainly hope that you are not implying that the monster numbers are a negative thread

Just ask Large Ass ,when you see him, he'll vouch for me.
__________________
FRANK:BUR:KETT - RAUCOUS SPORTS CARD FORUM MEMBER, WHO STANDS BY MY IRON CLAD GUARANTEE.

I CAN SELL ANY BASEBALL CARD FOR LESS THAN YOU PAID FOR IT.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION


518/1000 Monster Number

Over*760* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-19.
Over 550 sales with satisfied Board members served.
Thank you all.



Now nearly PQ.
Reply With Quote
  #415  
Old 01-15-2017, 12:53 AM
Jantz's Avatar
Jantz Jantz is offline
Archive
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,737
Default

I was thinking about Large Ass the other day and was going to mention maybe making him this year's Net54 T-shirt logo or National pin.

Yes/No?
Reply With Quote
  #416  
Old 01-15-2017, 06:45 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
I was thinking about Large Ass the other day and was going to mention maybe making him this year's Net54 T-shirt logo or National pin.

Yes/No?
I sent a message to Chris Brow.ne last night and haven't hard back. From the above message 6 mos ago it looks like I sent him to him but I also have a tracking number to Omaha? Hopefully Large Ass isn't lost.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #417  
Old 01-17-2017, 04:46 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

I communicated with Chris today and Large Ass Herzog will be making his way back to the Dallas area to do the Rich Klein and DallasCardShow local shows. After that he will be looking for his next gig....I would imagine it will be 4-5 weeks since one of the shows was just done.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #418  
Old 01-17-2017, 08:51 PM
spaidly's Avatar
spaidly spaidly is offline
Sc0tt Sp@id
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 304
Default

This is an amazing thread. Posting to get on the subscription train. Go Large Ass!
Reply With Quote
  #419  
Old 02-28-2017, 06:35 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Large Ass made it back to Lucas (near Dallas) Texas today. He is setting up with me at the show this coming weekend and we'll report back. Thanks to Chris B for getting him through customs with our friends at our Northern border.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #420  
Old 02-28-2017, 08:56 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
I was thinking about Large Ass the other day and was going to mention maybe making him this year's Net54 T-shirt logo or National pin.

Yes/No?


Hey, Leon!
I think having Large Ass in Net54 T-Shirt form is a great idea! Perhaps, the actual design could be taken from one of his many scenes...some exotic locale many of us may not have experienced.


Besides, it would be nice to have Large Ass appear on the FRONT of one of my T-Shirts for a change.


By the way, could you post a pic of the back of LA Buck?.........I'm not sure I have ever actually seen where the legendary moniker came from.
.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.

Last edited by clydepepper; 02-28-2017 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #421  
Old 03-03-2017, 07:53 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
By the way, could you post a pic of the back of LA Buck?.........I'm not sure I have ever actually seen where the legendary moniker came from.
.

Here is a link to the original thread - with a photo of the back.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135418

Last edited by abothebear; 03-03-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #422  
Old 03-03-2017, 07:57 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default

And here is a link to the origination of Buck's travels.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=135445
Reply With Quote
  #423  
Old 03-03-2017, 08:20 PM
ty_cobb ty_cobb is offline
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Default Bucky

can anyone get Bucky up here for summer? or is he lost?
Reply With Quote
  #424  
Old 03-03-2017, 08:52 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default

see post #419
Reply With Quote
  #425  
Old 03-03-2017, 08:59 PM
ty_cobb ty_cobb is offline
member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 42
Default Bucky

has Bucky attended a wedding yet? lol
Reply With Quote
  #426  
Old 08-31-2017, 10:25 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default re-boot

We need to get some new life into the great travelling Large Ass Herzog adventure. He and the forum community have been loafing for too long.

Where is he? And where is he going next?
Reply With Quote
  #427  
Old 08-31-2017, 10:54 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abothebear View Post
We need to get some new life into the great travelling Large Ass Herzog adventure. He and the forum community have been loafing for too long.

Where is he? And where is he going next?
Large Ass went to the National but stayed in most of the time. He was unusually shy this year.

Michael B (hi Michael) has him as of a few days ago. Here is a message from Michael to me a week and a half ago-

"I had previously brought him to Switzerland, Washington D.C. and Mt. Vernon. I will be going to Austria and Slovakia Labor Day week and would be interested in taking him along. I am leaving on Sunday, September 3."


.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #428  
Old 09-01-2017, 08:33 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default

Groovy, glad to hear he is on the move.
Reply With Quote
  #429  
Old 05-07-2018, 02:11 PM
JustinD's Avatar
JustinD JustinD is offline
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, Mi
Posts: 1,280
Default

This was always a favorite of mine, any news on the Amelia Earhart of cards lately?
__________________
- Justin D.


Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Reply With Quote
  #430  
Old 05-07-2018, 03:05 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
This was always a favorite of mine, any news on the Amelia Earhart of cards lately?
I haven't heard. He is quasi missing in action. I will reach out to Michael and report back.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #431  
Old 05-07-2018, 03:08 PM
ullmandds's Avatar
ullmandds ullmandds is online now
pete ullman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: saint paul, mn
Posts: 9,092
Default

this is unacceptable...Large Ass was created to be passed around...dammit! And I want him for my sept trip to bulgaria please.
Reply With Quote
  #432  
Old 05-07-2018, 05:26 PM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
This was always a favorite of mine, any news on the Amelia Earhart of cards lately?

It was sent out to get the Purple Sticker

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=254339
Reply With Quote
  #433  
Old 05-10-2018, 06:27 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default Ride again, Buck!

Let's not let this thread fade away before we get some movement on this.

Buck is a traveler. He needs to be travelin'.
Reply With Quote
  #434  
Old 05-10-2018, 09:24 PM
Michael B Michael B is offline
Mh wߥ
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,007
Default

It was mailed back to Leon on Tuesday afternoon. Tracking says it arrived in the Dallas Network Distribution Center and will be delivered tomorrow. It was sitting next to my scanner and I just forgot about it until Leon reached out. He did make it to Austria and Slovakia and I will try to post photos.
__________________
'Integrity is what you do when no one is looking'

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep
Reply With Quote
  #435  
Old 05-14-2018, 10:28 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Thanks Michael. He arrived back a day or two ago. He had quite a journey and thanks for taking care of him over all of those thousands of miles. By the looks of his case he has been having some fun. Novus #2 was used on it, to try to get the scratches and staining off, but it is aged. , like some of the rest of us. Maybe SGC will Re-Holder him as Large Ass Herzog? Here he is with the most recent posts of his experiences (in the little black book which travels with him.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
It was mailed back to Leon on Tuesday afternoon. Tracking says it arrived in the Dallas Network Distribution Center and will be delivered tomorrow. It was sitting next to my scanner and I just forgot about it until Leon reached out. He did make it to Austria and Slovakia and I will try to post photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg buck1b .jpg (76.4 KB, 488 views)
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #436  
Old 05-14-2018, 09:26 PM
Michael B Michael B is offline
Mh wߥ
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Virginia
Posts: 1,007
Default

I got lazy and never posted on my trip to Austria and Slovakia the week of Labor Day last year. I had Large Ass sitting next to my scanner and just forgot about it. As Leon said to me 'It is just a hobby'. Be that as it may his scans give the gist of the trip and I thought I should add some photos and commentary. The one thing I have done in the log is buy a local postage stamp and have it cancelled in the book. I believe this is the second time. It would be nice to see others do this. Most postal authorities will affix a cancellation to any stamp of proper postage as long as it is affixed to something. I think this adds to the overall look.

As you can see we spent several days in Vienna visiting all of the important museums, a few churches and a castle. We walked 5-6 miles each day after getting into the old city from our hotel on the Danube river After Vienna it was a short train ride to the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava. Bratislava is the only world capital that abuts two other countries; Hungary to the south and Austria to the west. The hotel in Bratislava was across the street from a very large mall. Unlike in the U.S. the mall is opened until 9 p.m. seven days a week except for the few national holidays. There were 4 banks in the mall which kept the same hours as the mall. It was great to go in there on Sunday night, prior to leaving on Monday, to exchange my Euros. The exchange rate was great. The interbank exchange rate as €1 = $1.25 which is the rate you would see on any currency converter website. They exchanged at €1 = $1.22 and the transaction fee was only about $5.00. What a deal!! Here are the photos

1. Large Ass with 'Napolean at St. Bernard' by Jacques-Louis David. Almost every book about Napolean contains a reproduction of this painting. David painted 5 originals of this painting. This is the one he did in 1803, the 4th version. This debunks all of those people who say paintings are 1 of 1.

2. I swear neither Large Ass or myself is responsible for the paint missing from this statue.

3. 'The Kiss' by Gustav Klimpt. One of the most famous Austrian paintings ever by one of their most celebrated artists. The number of people taking selfies (hate that word!!!) with this painting is ridiculous. It even has its own guard standing next to it the whole day.

4. Large Ass in the Heldenplatz at Hofburg Castle. That gentleman could see I was tired and was kind enough to bend down so I could rest Large Ass on his head. This castle houses several large collections - armor, musical instruments, china. We got to see a Stradivarius. The castle is also home to the state library and the Spanische Hofreitschule (Spanish Riding School) and the Lippizan stallions.

5. I tried to trade Large Ass for this crown from the crown jewels. I thought it was a fair deal, but they did not.

6. Large Ass likes classical music so we made our way to Mozarthaus. This is residence is where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart composed "The Magic Flute".

7. The hotel sits right on the Danube River so Large Ass spent a little time hanging out riverside.

8. Large Ass at the World Olympic Collector's Fair in Bratislava.

9. Large Ass with the Olympic flag signed by all the participants of the fair. Yours truly signed in the yellow ring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Vienna-1.jpg (22.9 KB, 450 views)
File Type: jpg vienna-2.jpg (33.3 KB, 447 views)
File Type: jpg vienna3.jpg (20.4 KB, 447 views)
File Type: jpg vienna4.jpg (22.8 KB, 448 views)
File Type: jpg vienna6.jpg (39.3 KB, 443 views)
File Type: jpg vienna8.jpg (47.8 KB, 444 views)
File Type: jpg vienna7.jpg (14.5 KB, 445 views)
File Type: jpg vienna10.jpg (35.9 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg vienna9.jpg (25.9 KB, 447 views)
__________________
'Integrity is what you do when no one is looking'

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep

Last edited by Michael B; 05-14-2018 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #437  
Old 05-20-2018, 12:48 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Those was some great adventures for Large Ass. I am sure he appreciates getting out a little as he is standing by for his next encounter. The only caveat is a promise to get him back to us and kept in circulation. Thanks Michael.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I got lazy and never posted on my trip to Austria and Slovakia the week of Labor Day last year. I had Large Ass sitting next to my scanner and just forgot about it. As Leon said to me 'It is just a hobby'. Be that as it may his scans give the gist of the trip and I thought I should add some photos and commentary. The one thing I have done in the log is buy a local postage stamp and have it cancelled in the book. I believe this is the second time. It would be nice to see others do this. Most postal authorities will affix a cancellation to any stamp of proper postage as long as it is affixed to something. I think this adds to the overall look.

As you can see we spent several days in Vienna visiting all of the important museums, a few churches and a castle. We walked 5-6 miles each day after getting into the old city from our hotel on the Danube river After Vienna it was a short train ride to the capital of Slovakia, Bratislava. Bratislava is the only world capital that abuts two other countries; Hungary to the south and Austria to the west. The hotel in Bratislava was across the street from a very large mall. Unlike in the U.S. the mall is opened until 9 p.m. seven days a week except for the few national holidays. There were 4 banks in the mall which kept the same hours as the mall. It was great to go in there on Sunday night, prior to leaving on Monday, to exchange my Euros. The exchange rate was great. The interbank exchange rate as 1 = $1.25 which is the rate you would see on any currency converter website. They exchanged at 1 = $1.22 and the transaction fee was only about $5.00. What a deal!! Here are the photos

1. Large Ass with 'Napolean at St. Bernard' by Jacques-Louis David. Almost every book about Napolean contains a reproduction of this painting. David painted 5 originals of this painting. This is the one he did in 1803, the 4th version. This debunks all of those people who say paintings are 1 of 1.

2. I swear neither Large Ass or myself is responsible for the paint missing from this statue.

3. 'The Kiss' by Gustav Klimpt. One of the most famous Austrian paintings ever by one of their most celebrated artists. The number of people taking selfies (hate that word!!!) with this painting is ridiculous. It even has its own guard standing next to it the whole day.

4. Large Ass in the Heldenplatz at Hofburg Castle. That gentleman could see I was tired and was kind enough to bend down so I could rest Large Ass on his head. This castle houses several large collections - armor, musical instruments, china. We got to see a Stradivarius. The castle is also home to the state library and the Spanische Hofreitschule (Spanish Riding School) and the Lippizan stallions.

5. I tried to trade Large Ass for this crown from the crown jewels. I thought it was a fair deal, but they did not.

6. Large Ass likes classical music so we made our way to Mozarthaus. This is residence is where Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart composed "The Magic Flute".

7. The hotel sits right on the Danube River so Large Ass spent a little time hanging out riverside.

8. Large Ass at the World Olympic Collector's Fair in Bratislava.

9. Large Ass with the Olympic flag signed by all the participants of the fair. Yours truly signed in the yellow ring.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #438  
Old 05-26-2018, 07:40 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,301
Default

I've never been much of a world traveler, but I had to find a way to get involved in this thread, so I purchased a 'poor-man's' L.A. Herzog - I will, however, be traveling to D.C. next month...so, it it's okay, I'll post pictures of my 'large ass' (don't worry, I mean the card) at certain sites.

1909-11 T206 F.A. Buck Herzog - Old Mill Back a.jpg1909-11 T206 F.A. Buck Herzog Old Mill Back b.jpg
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #439  
Old 05-27-2018, 05:31 PM
BosseFieldBoy's Avatar
BosseFieldBoy BosseFieldBoy is offline
Mike Henry
Mi.ke Hen.ry
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 159
Default

I live a boring life, but Id be happy to take Large Ass into the bowels of eastern Kentucky. Large Ass would fit in great in Pikeville, KY
Reply With Quote
  #440  
Old 05-29-2018, 09:01 PM
Baseballcrazy62 Baseballcrazy62 is offline
Mike Reid
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 445
Default

If Large Ass is interested I could provide a tour for him to see Powells T206 collection at the Detroit Institute of Arts. Maybe he would loosen up a bit if he saw some familiar faces.
Reply With Quote
  #441  
Old 05-30-2018, 07:08 AM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

I can send him wherever .....whomever wants to take him next is fine but I would appreciate getting him back before I go to the National. He loves going to the National. The stories he can tell!!
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #442  
Old 06-01-2018, 06:05 PM
abothebear abothebear is offline
George E.
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 372
Default

Nice photos. Looks like a fun trip.
Reply With Quote
  #443  
Old 06-02-2018, 12:56 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I can send him wherever .....whomever wants to take him next is fine but I would appreciate getting him back before I go to the National. He loves going to the National. The stories he can tell!!

I'm heading for D.C. on the 14th...I'd love to take Bucky!
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #444  
Old 06-02-2018, 04:05 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
I'm heading for D.C. on the 14th...I'd love to take Bucky!
I should have responded. Sorry about that. I sent him a few days ago to Mike R., right above here, and who asked about him. But as I said in my pm back to you, you can be next. He even likes short walks in the park and lunches. He doesn't eat much with his side missing and all. He's usually just not up to it.
__________________
Leon Luckey

Last edited by Leon; 06-30-2018 at 03:44 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #445  
Old 06-30-2018, 03:41 PM
Baseballcrazy62 Baseballcrazy62 is offline
Mike Reid
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 445
Default

Herzog originally said Do or do not, there is no try. He is at the Detroit Institute of Arts Star Wars Costume exhibit.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 60B6BB3C-42F4-47A0-8A43-40A5C9D8CABD.jpg (13.2 KB, 240 views)
Reply With Quote
  #446  
Old 06-30-2018, 03:45 PM
Baseballcrazy62 Baseballcrazy62 is offline
Mike Reid
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 445
Default

Chewy says hello to Herzog.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FF3BA772-1EC9-4C57-8746-702C6D7DBFA1.jpg (20.9 KB, 239 views)
Reply With Quote
  #447  
Old 06-30-2018, 03:50 PM
Baseballcrazy62 Baseballcrazy62 is offline
Mike Reid
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Michigan
Posts: 445
Default

On to Powells exhibit to say hello to some of his friends!! He wii be heading back to Texas next week to prepare for the National.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2A677997-59E5-4C4F-9232-370A474FD6B7.jpg (20.0 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg EBD12FE4-8D25-4F0F-96CC-2B8D676EFE94.jpg (20.6 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg 5DE1E8ED-A945-4141-B34A-9AFE33DE1CD4.jpg (11.0 KB, 238 views)
Reply With Quote
  #448  
Old 10-19-2018, 03:47 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,301
Default

Haven't heard from Mr. Herzog in a few months.
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
  #449  
Old 10-19-2018, 04:18 PM
Leon's Avatar
Leon Leon is offline
Leon
peasant/forum owner
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: near Dallas
Posts: 27,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Haven't heard from Mr. Herzog in a few months.
He is safe and sound. Just taking a breather. He travels a lot. Not sure where he is headed to next.
__________________
Leon Luckey
Reply With Quote
  #450  
Old 10-19-2018, 08:55 PM
clydepepper's Avatar
clydepepper clydepepper is offline
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Columbus, GA
Posts: 5,301
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
He is safe and sound. Just taking a breather. He travels a lot. Not sure where he is headed to next.


That's what I gathered from Mike's post - I just love the thread and the idea so much I wanted to bring it back to front page...just in case someone ne w to the forum hasn't see it yet.

SO COOL!
__________________
.
"A life is not important except in the impact it has on others lives" - Jackie Robinson


MY BIG CONCERNS ABOUT AMERICA:

Internally- We spend too much time assuring our rights without learning the responsibilities that should accompany them.
Externally - No matter how much we claim to take the higher moral ground, we have neither respected nor attempted to understand other cultures.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Earliest Collectibles of Baseball Hall of Famers bcbgcbrcb Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 148 05-14-2018 09:12 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:19 PM.


ebay GSB