NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2014, 07:40 PM
pete ullman

is the op Canadian?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:41 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrubinski View Post
That makes no spence the Lou g.
Don Spence?
Old 04-21-2014, 07:42 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
I'm just glad I'm not a collector this forum is biased and completely predatory
Yes, the forum is biased against morons with fake cards. Glad you noticed.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:43 PM

The bad part is that I didn't try to get anything by anyone. I asked a simple question. Cards are being graded by experts not wannabes
Old 04-21-2014, 07:44 PM

So pound salt
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 PM

If it's real would rather sell to someone else
Old 04-21-2014, 07:45 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
The bad part is that I didn't try to get anything by anyone. I asked a simple question. Cards are being graded by experts not wannabes
The bad part is that you have fake cards. The good part is that we're laughing at you and your fake cards.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:46 PM
K!ya S@bet

These are real too:

Old 04-21-2014, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one
Rather than show yours to everyone like a cat. Did you know cat's turning their rear to you means they like you...? Do you like us
Old 04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Jeff

Now those are rounded corners.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Marvellous Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksabet View Post
These are real too:

Rounded corners...dead giveaway!
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 PM
Mike

Steve,

You, of course, would rub our noses in the final product, slabbed and graded, but will you man up an admit when we are proven 100% correct? (because we are).
Old 04-21-2014, 08:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolf441 View Post
Steve, they are 100% fakes, it's okay. You tried to come on a vintage card site and get them by the experts.

We're only kidding with you, we're having a party. You haven't been here very long and we're breaking your balls, and you're getting f*cking fresh. We're sorry, we didn't mean to offend you.....

Now go home and get your f*ckin' shinebox.
LOL...you mudda***** (joe pesci voice)
Old 04-21-2014, 08:06 PM

Not planning on doing either. Some already graded and yup I can state without exception that the ones already graded are not fake but as I only joined to ask a simple question and the responses have not at anytime provided the answer best of luck. I have nothing to prove to anyone on this site.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:13 PM
Mike

Gee....I feel s-o-o-o-o-o-o-o used
Old 04-21-2014, 08:15 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Tomorrow we will all be fawning over "The Strubinski Find".

We are a fickle group.

I can't wait to see those grades myself.

Thanks for sharing.

By the way you can also post on the April Pick-up Thread.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:19 PM
Mike

Quote:
Not planning on doing either. Some already graded and yup I can state without exception that the ones already graded are not fake but as I only joined to ask a simple question and the responses have not at anytime provided the answer best of luck. I have nothing to prove to anyone on this site.
Suddenly, they are graded? If that were true, you would have posted scans of the slabs to rub our noses in it. Has Adrian slipped past Leon?
Old 04-21-2014, 08:33 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Default Joke

A guy and his dog walk into a bar...
Old 04-21-2014, 09:11 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Absolutely not trying to bust your balls but the reason people started to take offense to your posts and started getting snippy with you is when you started taking potshots at this forum and saying only those who touch the cards, local dealers, and grading companies are the true experts. Myself and any number of the "experts" on this forum have literally dealt thousands of these cards in out lifetimes and to say some local card-shop owner knows more than the least knowledgeable guy here is laughable at best--those guys may know the best Robinson Cano rookie but not this type of stuff. We can literally spot fakes like these from a mile away. Guess where the grading companies come when they don't know a particular set? Guarantee they go to someone that calls this site home!

Just as an FYI, a true vintage find will almost NEVER have cards that range in age from 1910 era to the mid-1950's, that and where are the commons? The biggest red-flag EVER when looking at cards at future estate sales is the following... for every Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, or Babe Ruth there should be equal numbers of Carl Willey, Davy Jones or George Earnshaw's! If you only find big names from all different eras. from different sets, all with equal amounts of wear to corners it shouldn't pass the initial smell test.

Again, not trying to bust your balls, just giving you some insight for future reference.

-Rhett Yeakley

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 04-21-2014, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Suddenly, they are graded? If that were true, you would have posted scans of the slabs to rub our noses in it. Has Adrian slipped past Leon?
Take a second and read post some are graded yes but not final so I don't have in my hands but whatever. What a waste of my time to ask a question. Glad I'm not relying on this group to get real answers
Old 04-21-2014, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Absolutely not trying to bust your balls but the reason people started to take offense to your posts and started getting snippy with you is when you started taking potshots at this forum and saying only those who touch the cards, local dealers, and grading companies are the true experts. Myself and any number of the "experts" on this forum have literally dealt thousands of these cards in out lifetimes and to say some local card-shop owner knows more than the least knowledgeable guy here is laughable at best--those guys may know the best Robinson Cano rookie but not this type of stuff. We can literally spot fakes like these from a mile away. Guess where the grading companies come when they don't know a particular set? Guarantee they go to someone that calls this site home!

Just as an FYI, a true vintage find will almost NEVER have cards that range in age from 1910 era to the mid-1950's, that and where are the commons? The biggest red-flag EVER when looking at cards at future estate sales is the following... for every Mickey Mantle, Ty Cobb, or Babe Ruth there should be equal numbers of Carl Willey, Davy Jones or George Earnshaw's! If you only find big names from all different eras. from different sets, all with equal amounts of wear to corners it shouldn't pass the initial smell test.

Again, not trying to bust your balls, just giving you some insight for future reference.

-Rhett Yeakley
So to get this straight. Every collector does it exactly like this group. Enjoy
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
So to get this straight. Every collector does it exactly like this group. Enjoy
Worst mistake for anyone is to ask a question of anyone on this site. You might know what your doing but I doubt any of you can do what even seasoned professionals can do grade by poor picture
Old 04-21-2014, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Worst mistake for anyone is to ask a question of anyone on this site. You might know what your doing but I doubt any of you can do what even seasoned professionals can do grade by poor picture
Cant
Old 04-21-2014, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Tomorrow we will all be fawning over "The Strubinski Find".

We are a fickle group.

I can't wait to see those grades myself.

Thanks for sharing.

By the way you can also post on the April Pick-up Thread.
Not putting good or bad results on this. I can care less my cost is only grading and the time I wasted on this site
Old 04-21-2014, 09:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Cant
quite get it out?

There is an edit feature in each post so you can edit grammatical errors, fyi....

Last edited by Leon; 04-21-2014 at 09:20 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:27 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
You might know what your doing but I doubt any of you can do what even seasoned professionals can do grade by poor picture
Who are these "seasoned professionals"? The young kids that grade for PSA and SGC? You can't really be serious. The people on this forum have more knowledge in their little fingers. Also, what you posted wasn't as "poor" of a picture as you are letting on... every single red-flag imaginable is in every one of your pictures you have posted, go re-read my post as it is obvious you didn't read it to begin with. The later pictures are even worse (and even more fake)!

You literally have a group of the most knowledgeable pre-WW2 baseball card collectors on the planet right here and you keep taking pot-shots at them and then feigning that you were totally innocuous when you came here and everyone is just ganging up on you.

Tip of the day for you... when confronted by someone who knows a hell of a lot more than you do... shut up and listen!

Edited to add: I'm calling "bull-crap" on you claiming any of the cards you just posted were graded! You have scanning capabilities so prove me wrong. What you have is the garden variety vintage card scam that many people fall for that aren't well-versed in the hobby, nothing to get bent out of shape over as you said you weren't out much money but me thinks thou doth protest too much...

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 04-21-2014 at 09:31 PM.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:39 PM
Ruben

Finally some juicy read
Old 04-22-2014, 05:02 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Not putting good or bad results on this. I can care less my cost is only grading and the time I wasted on this site
First of all, you type as if you've had a stroke -- is that your problem? Second, to lie and act as if you don't care if the cards are real just makes you look like more of an idiot than before (assuming this is possible). If real, you'll have your biggest payday in your life. If not, you're back to whatever hum drum, post-stroke job in which you're currently mired. And if you're constantly bemoaning the time you've "wasted" on this site, why not take your fake cards and GTFO?
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 AM
Barry Sloate

Skrubinski- Sorry I'm a little late here but I am out of town this week. Where do I start. First off, it's really bad form to come on a forum with many of the most knowledgeable collectors in the hobby and call them idiots.That will never work. We get a lot of threads like this, where people who aren't collectors find things and ask the experts what they think. We're all pretty good at this.

And before you go calling me an idiot (you wouldn't be the first to do so) I've been a full time dealer of baseball memorabilia since 1982. That said, none of the cards you found appear to be real. Certainly, the d304 Cobb is without a doubt a reprint. When you hear from SGC today, you will find that out.

Do you notice that every corner of every card you have has pretty much the same exact corner wear? That's a really bad sign right there. Cards don't all wear in exactly the same way.

Anyway, you will find out the bad news for yourself. But bad form all the way around.

Last edited by barrysloate; 04-22-2014 at 05:56 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:33 AM
Trey

I'm late to the party as well, but I've learned along the way that anytime you find extremely high dollar cards from different eras all together without any other mid-range to low-end cards, you should be very suspicious.

Also, the cards you have are without a doubt some of the most often faked cards I've seen over the past few years. Fake Hank Aaron Rookies, Leaf Ted Williams & Stan Musials, and Goudey Babe Ruths turn up at small local auctions and estate sales fairly regularly. I was honestly surprised not to see a 1956 Mantle included, it's a staple as well in that grouping of fake cards.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:46 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default Final Thought

Given the fact that this was an estate sale, I suspect the owner died a happy man. I also wouldn't be at all surprised if there was a Wagner in his coffin............................in a screwdown holder of course.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:47 AM

Jeff, you've used too many long words for me.
Old 04-22-2014, 10:05 AM

I can't wait to hear the results!

Although, I guess if we don't hear back at all, we can assume what happened...

If the OP comes on here and admits that SGC found them all to be not authentic, I will gain a lot of respect for him (I actually think he's handled the abuse on here quite well, all things considered. And, yes, the OP could've used a bit more tact).
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Pete Sycks

My favorite part of the thread is when he comments on his own comments.

http://syckscards.weebly.com

Always looking for 1938 Goudey's
Old 04-22-2014, 11:47 AM

IMHO, this is a late April Fool's Day joke.

I have gone and still go to a lot of auctions. Large, small, indoor, outdoor, city, country, ones that start at 9 A.M. and ones that start at 7 P.M. It is VERY hard for me to believe that these cards were found in the bottom of a box and NOBODY knew they were there (especially the auctioneers).

No matter WHAT auction I have gone to, there are ALWAYS people digging through EVERY box to see what is in it. So even if people didn't know the real value of these cards there had to be a couple of people at the auction who would have at least thrown some bids on these things to drive their price up to more than $100 dollars. This is especially true since all the cards seem to be of big name players.

I can understand if a handful of common T 206 cards were found and nobody at an auction knew that a Drum back on one of them was something special. But, come on, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Jackie Robinson and other big name players?

NOBODY else saw these cards in the bottom of a box and NOBODY decided to run the OP up in price just for the heck of it?

A few years ago, I went to an auction SPECIFICALLY for a stack of B-18 blankets. When they came up, only two other people even paid attention to the stack and that was because the auctioneer made a big deal out of these being older baseball items.

Only another guy and myself were bidding on them and I had the top bid at $100 dollars (there were 39 total blankets in the stack including a Walter Johnson) so I was stoked to think that I was going to get these so inexpensively. At that moment, however, a wealthy guy who regularly attends this auction noticed what was going on. He bid me up until I won the blankets for $325 dollars. Still a good deal but not as good as it could have been.

The moral is, at EVERY auction I have ever attended there is ALWAYS at least one person there who has money and who will bid something up (even if they don't really know what it is and don't really have any interest in it) just because they think someone else is getting a good deal on it.

David

Last edited by ctownboy; 04-22-2014 at 11:48 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:51 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post

I have gone and still go to a lot of auctions. Large, small, indoor, outdoor, city, country, ones that start at 9 A.M. and ones that start at 7 P.M. It is VERY hard for me to believe that these cards were found in the bottom of a box and NOBODY knew they were there (especially the auctioneers).

No matter WHAT auction I have gone to, there are ALWAYS people digging through EVERY box to see what is in it. So even if people didn't know the real value of these cards there had to be a couple of people at the auction who would have at least thrown some bids on these things to drive their price up to more than $100 dollars. This is especially true since all the cards seem to be of big name players.

I can understand if a handful of common T 206 cards were found and nobody at an auction knew that a Drum back on one of them was something special. But, come on, Ty Cobb, Babe Ruth, Hank Aaron, Ted Williams, Jackie Robinson and other big name players?

NOBODY else saw these cards in the bottom of a box and NOBODY decided to run the OP up in price just for the heck of it?

A few years ago, I went to an auction SPECIFICALLY for a stack of B-18 blankets. When they came up, only two other people even paid attention to the stack and that was because the auctioneer made a big deal out of these being older baseball items.

Only another guy and myself were bidding on them and I had the top bid at $100 dollars (there were 39 total blankets in the stack including a Walter Johnson) so I was stoked to think that I was going to get these so inexpensively. At that moment, however, a wealthy guy who regularly attends this auction noticed what was going on. He bid me up until I won the blankets for $325 dollars. Still a good deal but not as good as it could have been.

The moral is, at EVERY auction I have ever attended there is ALWAYS at least one person there who has money and who will bid something up (even if they don't really know what it is and don't really have any interest in it) just because they think someone else is getting a good deal on it.

David
I believe his tale involves an estate sale not an auction.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:53 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default estate sale

I'm not sure I believe the "estate sale" story. I'm thinking he feels we are a bunch of dopes and we would be making offers on his fake cards.

I doubt that he has submitted anything to SGC. A scan of the SGC submission form would prove me wrong.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 04-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
I'm not sure I believe the "estate sale" story. I'm thinking he feels we are a bunch of dopes and we would be making offers on his fake cards.

I doubt that he has submitted anything to SGC. A scan of the SGC submission form would prove me wrong.
Rick... Assuming they were submitted.... We KNOW he would be back to gloat should they by some miracle get a grade. The real question is if he will cowboy up and admit they are garbage when they come back unslabbed. Likely, we have heard the last from him.

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 04-22-2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:31 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctownboy View Post

David
You would think that this would be the case where authentic cards of big stars like Ruth would not go unnoticed. However, as another poster mentioned, it was an estate sale, and these things do happen such as here: Link, where the OP found an authentic Eclipse Ruth strip at an estate sale for sale in a ziplock bag for $10! This has been the only uncut salesman strip that has ever been found with Ruth. I purchased a Universal Toy panel with Ruth from a seller on ebay earlier this year, who told me he also found it at an estate sale. Last year, there was a "find" for a partial set of extremely rare Sociedade cards, which had multiple Ruth and Gehrig cards, where the ebay seller told me he picked up at a flea market, of all places. So, these things do happen more often than you would think.

Last edited by glchen; 04-22-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Old 04-22-2014, 02:49 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
You would think that this would be the case where authentic cards of big stars like Ruth would not go unnoticed. However, as another poster mentioned, it was an estate sale, and these things do happen such as here: Link, where the OP found an authentic Eclipse Ruth strip at an estate sale for sale in a ziplock bag for $10! This has been the only uncut salesman strip that has ever been found with Ruth. I purchased a Universal Toy panel with Ruth from a seller on ebay earlier this year, who told me he also found it at an estate sale. Last year, there was a "find" for a partial set of extremely rare Sociedade cards, which had multiple Ruth and Gehrig cards, where the ebay seller told me he picked up at a flea market, of all places. So, these things do happen more often than you would think.
Perhaps such finds could occur at an Estate Sale. In this case though, it matters not whether they are from an Estate Sale, an Auction or Grandpa's attic. The cards, at least the ones he has provided scans for, are reprints.

Last edited by Bocabirdman; 04-23-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 04-22-2014, 03:44 PM

The scan definitely looks like the reprint card of D304 that has been enhanced (corners rounded) to look older...also as Pete mentioned, the blurry image is another tell tale sign...the originals retain a sharper image. The four even corners are also a dead give away...

Ricky Y
Old 04-22-2014, 03:46 PM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
Perhaps such finds could occur at an Estate Sale. In this case though, it matters not whether an Estate Sale, an Auction or Grandpa's attic. The cards, at least the ones he has provided scans for, are reprints.
Yep, I completely agree that the card in question here is a reprint.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:31 AM
Mike

Crickets!!
Old 04-23-2014, 03:49 AM

Lol. He is perfectly happy insulting Leon and stubbornly arguing that this forum knows nothing, but when it's time to admit fault and apologize he can't do it.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:28 AM
Er1c Sh@rp.

Quote:
I never asked for "experts" opinions that's why I sent it to sgc. I have 100.00 in to the whole box from the estate. The true experts are looking at it now. I've had individuals that own very large stores that deal in these collectables handle this card in person yet this "expert" can tell thru scratched plastic that has all kinds of crap on it can tell hmmm.
"The true experts" makes me laugh. I'd have Leon review my cards for authenticity any day before some of the "experts" you mention with the grading companies. I'll do what you requested initially and that's to give advice on where to sell and value. Answer - eb*y. List as a reprint for .99 bin.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:18 PM
Ron Rice

Default Sgc

Looks like we haven't heard any news today. What did SGC grade the cards?
Old 04-23-2014, 07:20 PM
Zach

Looks like there are a lot of jealous idiots in here that can't afford real cards like the major collectors out there.

Oh yeah... IDIOTS.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:17 AM
Christian Guidi

Are these cards from the Krubinski find?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-1911-D304-...item2ed54331e6

This thread was an awesome read!
Old 08-13-2014, 05:23 AM
pete ullman

Dunno where they are from...but they are not real...and I love it when listings claim they were "graded" by such and such a TPG..."graded" as not real!!!!
Old 08-13-2014, 06:27 AM
octavio ranzola

Barry sloate leon and all the top guys here dont make mistakes,,anyway this is why i dont watch tv ever anymore,,you have net 54 ,,when is leon getting a t.v deal ill watch 24/7 thanks guys you rock octavio

Tags
d304, ty cobb