NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-01-2010, 07:40 AM
Scott

Default April Roach's Corner auction is up LIVE!!!

Here we go, make your selections, make your bids, and laugh, cry, yell and scream at the Number one purveyors of forgeries in the collectible business today. I will start us off with three favorites on just a perusal of two pages..

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/205/albert...-baseball.aspx

I mean, AG Spalding signed ball,..Only w the Roach's for all your collecting needs.

Next..

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/205/jj-mcg...-baseball.aspx

The Iron Man didn't have a lot of time for signing, but he did for Coach's Commode auctions..haha.

Lastly, for now, for you card guys..

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot/205/1909-(...d-mint-95.aspx

WOW WOW WOWWWW.. Look at that, the most gorgeous extant, from such a hi profile grader, and who has it..the ROACHES. BTW. What is Mint PLUS?haha. .Could it be REAL..Yep, and Im actually Leo Dicaprio in disguise as a fat 47 year old man.

Feel free to contribute everyone

Last edited by GrayGhost; 04-01-2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: description.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:47 AM
Barry Sloate

Spalding and McGinnity. You don't see those every day!
Old 04-01-2010, 08:18 AM
Scott

So many..another (same?) Bonnie and clyde Cut, more George Washington, Lincoln, Matty on a ball, Ruth/Gehrig bat..on and on

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=204568

On that link, not only are the autographs looking bad (look at the Mantle and Yogi..ugh). why would Reggie sign a 1974 Yankees yearbook, when he didnt even become a Yankee till 1977? Its a fake regardless tho.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:02 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayGhost View Post
So many..another (same?) Bonnie and clyde Cut, more George Washington, Lincoln, Matty on a ball, Ruth/Gehrig bat..on and on

http://www.myccsa.com/Lot.aspx?LotID=204568

On that link, not only are the autographs looking bad (look at the Mantle and Yogi..ugh). why would Reggie sign a 1974 Yankees yearbook, when he didnt even become a Yankee till 1977? Its a fake regardless tho.
Now you're just being ridiculous!

Lee approved it!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:08 AM
T!M R10rd@n

Last edited by timzcardz; 04-01-2010 at 10:09 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 04-01-2010, 07:48 PM

-

Last edited by Vintagedegu; 08-21-2014 at 02:58 PM.
Old 04-01-2010, 08:09 PM

and here I was saving my money for REA!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:07 PM
Scott

Well, REA you will have to overpay. theres a premium, many more bidders, etc. You are perhaps paying too much.

With the Coach's, you will find some amazing rarities in autographs, plus the previously mentioned MINT PLUS Cobb and so much more. Really, shop Roach's corner NOW for all your hobby needs.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Jim D

The cobb is a stunner... i think they have the date wrong... its not 1909 its a 2009.

It is better to be quiet and thought of as a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt!!
Old 04-02-2010, 11:24 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

They just sold a Harry Wright, why should a Mcginnity shock anyone? The best way too look at this auction is to browse Morales, like I do.

http://www.myccsa.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=morales

How brazen are these guys? They sold a Bonnie and Clyde (this one is different) a few months ago and it sold for peanuts, got lambasted on a Bonne and Clyde site and here is another.

It's called being bullet proof. They are mocking the justice system with their monthly offerings.

Larry
Old 04-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Scott

Like I said, maybe it takes some pressure from the hobby community. Being out and out crooks is not a defense, nor are COA's from clowns, or shady grading companies.

Ive never got anything from them, never will. My only stake in this is to have them shut down, so people don't constantly get cheated. Do the research, yes, before u buy, but some people just think they r innocently getting a steal.

No more from these crooks.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Lar.ry Mur.phy

Has anyone worked the authoratative side of this? Gone to the District Attorney or the person in charge of the bust of the guy that got 33 months? FBI?

I think this operation would be big enough for them to care. It's not like your typical Ebay seller who is marking up glossies with LeBron James scribbles.

PM me if you don't want to post public.

A few times a year they get bad press but it matters little as they continue to truck on as their core target appears to be the dullard collector or the store that will find dullards to like all that paperwork from their authenticators. And then there is this Forum and others who alert, but nothing seems to change.

Larry
Old 04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Scott

I am likely to send a correspondence to the District Attorney on these clowns, but haven't done anything yet.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Jeff

Default curious

Since these are all fakes, do they buy period balls and then have a forger do his dirty work? You would think there is a finite supply of period unsigned balls for them to forge. Where do they keep coming up with this stuff?
Old 04-03-2010, 08:34 PM
Richard Simon

I am sure they come up with stuff the same way that the Marino family, of Operation Bullpen fame, came up with the stuff. Going to garage sales, flea mkts. and finding the necessary items they needed.

--
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow