NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: Back Design/Format for the Net 54 Card Set
Statistical Backs with write ups 24 51.06%
Branded Backs (thinking more the varieties we see with other t sets such as T206 17 36.17%
One standard back for all cards – no varietals as in choice #2 just one standard back design 2 4.26%
Something else (then please add in a comment in the post your thoughts 4 8.51%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Dave Johnson

Default 2019 Net 54 T-card Set of 54 Cards - Discuss and vote! Card Back Layout

Hey, chime in! I think this is FUN! Hope you participating are enjoying it as well.

Results so far:

The slight preponderance of votes is for a 50 card set, however with the number of votes for 100 cards and also a decent amount for the choice of “lets just see where this goes” I am going to use the comment from Troy and we are going to make this a 54 card set. (great idea Troy)

So with 54 cards in the 2019 Net 54 Tobacco card set, the next item up for discussion is basic back format of the cards.

I only have a couple categories for voting, but would like to see more discussion with this one. I did not choose blank backs because…well…that would be just boring if we are designing our own set.

The choices are:

1 -Statistical Backs with write ups
2- Branded Backs (thinking more the varieties we see with other t sets such as T206
3- One standard back for all cards – no varietals as in choice #2 just one standard back design.
4- Something else (then please add in a comment in the post your thoughts)

If anyone has any examples or original ideas to share feel free to mention those as well. We will dive into an actual design later, for now, just trying to get a vote for basic style.
Old 01-04-2019, 09:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

T205 backs were the first to have stats and they also have tobacco brands and different designs. They could be an option.
Old 01-04-2019, 10:44 AM
pete ullman

I think it depends how personal we want to get? A pseudo generic network 54 t206 type back... or do we want to post statistics such as what we each collect, number of posts, timeouts, etc?
Old 01-04-2019, 11:14 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
T205 backs were the first to have stats and they also have tobacco brands and different designs. They could be an option.
I too thought a t205 type of back would be great as it combines options 1 and 2 together. I get bored of card backs that don't have anything to read, but also like finding parallels of stats back.
Old 01-04-2019, 11:15 AM
Dave Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ullmandds View Post
I think it depends how personal we want to get? A pseudo generic network 54 t206 type back... or do we want to post statistics such as what we each collect, number of posts, timeouts, etc?

I like the pseudo generic network 54 t206 type back as a possibility, and I also like leon's idea that it could be part stats and part advertising like the T205's.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:07 PM
Brandon Bailey

I like the T205 idea, but everyone should have the net54 brand, except Leon he should get the ty Cobb/ty Cobb t206 treatment, Leon king of Net54.(Leon, hopefully this is taken as a complement) I and hopefully everyone on here appreciates what you do.
Old 01-04-2019, 03:22 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks a lot for the comments. The forum pretty much runs itself. The mods (there are 2 others, Dan and Brian) and myself just help direct traffic.

I like the dual subject idea on the backs but no way I am going to be a cobb back...I will be a blank back......

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBailey View Post
I like the T205 idea, but everyone should have the net54 brand, except Leon he should get the ty Cobb/ty Cobb t206 treatment, Leon king of Net54.(Leon, hopefully this is taken as a complement) I and hopefully everyone on here appreciates what you do.

Last edited by Leon; 01-04-2019 at 03:23 PM.
Old 01-05-2019, 07:55 AM
Dave Johnson

Bumping up for the weekend crowd.

Appreciate your votes!
Old 01-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Stick with the t205 type of back!