NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-14-2009, 11:03 AM

Default Beware of Bing Cashback

Just thought I'd share this recent transaction in case anyone else might find themselves in the same boat. Bing Cashback used to be Microsoft Cashback (which worked very well). They offer discounts on cards bought on ebay using the BIN and Paypal to pay. You go to their website, type in baeball cards and you can find that ebay is one of the places you can get a discount on your purchases, "cash back."
I recently purchased a nice 61 Mantle (SGC 80 or 84 I forget which) by doing all the above but it didn't show up on my cash back page with Bing. I contacted them and to make a long story short, did not receive the discount. I contacted them and my final email stated that ebay told them (supposedly) that the card wasn't eligible despite the fact I followed all the rules and and there was an icon at the top of the ebay webpage saying I was eligible for 10% off. I know it's not a fortune to have lost but there is a principle involved. Bing told me they asked ebay for the reason but ebay failed to provide a reason, just said no. (Imagine that )
Anyway I wanted to let fellow collectors know.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:05 AM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
Just thought I'd share this recent transaction in case anyone else might find themselves in the same boat. Bing Cashback used to be Microsoft Cashback (which worked very well). They offer discounts on cards bought on ebay using the BIN and Paypal to pay. You go to their website, type in baeball cards and you can find that ebay is one of the places you can get a discount on your purchases, "cash back."
I recently purchased a nice 61 Mantle (SGC 80 or 84 I forget which) by doing all the above but it didn't show up on my cash back page with Bing. I contacted them and to make a long story short, did not receive the discount. I contacted them and my final email stated that ebay told them (supposedly) that the card wasn't eligible despite the fact I followed all the rules and and there was an icon at the top of the ebay webpage saying I was eligible for 10% off. I know it's not a fortune to have lost but there is a principle involved. Bing told me they asked ebay for the reason but ebay failed to provide a reason, just said no. (Imagine that )
Anyway I wanted to let fellow collectors know.
I've only used Bing for one transaction, but it worked; was your purchase a straight BIN or was it a Best Offer? I know it doesn't work on Best Offers...
Old 09-14-2009, 11:37 AM
Dave

Sorry to hear this. Ebay's never been a company known for giving "reasons" for anything that isn't just some made up jargon to supposedly make you feel better about getting screwed.

The phrases "it's what the people asked for" and "more vibrant marketplace" get tossed around a lot.

I'm always picturing the word "synergy" being tossed around at Ebay strategy meetings while monkeys in suits sit at their Playskool desks trying to bang square pegs into round holes.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:27 PM
qu@n nguy3n

tbob i've used bing about 10+ times the past year...and all cashbacks has been good so far, ranging from $1-$200. i even used it to buy contact lenses at a retail website and that also showed up. if i could get bing cashback for leasing a car i'd prolly jump on it too. i still have a couple pending so i don't want to jinx myself further...

contact ebay...there's probably a valid reason.

Last edited by chaddurbin; 09-14-2009 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 12:34 PM
Alan U

I've used the Bing cashback 3-4 times without a problem.

It usually shows the cashback on the ebay purchase page before you finalize the purchase and then after on the ebay checkout page.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:38 PM
Doug C.

I used to get those "failed deposit, but we'll keep trying" messages with the microsoft cashback but since they switched to bing I've gotten instant cashback without a hitch.
Old 09-14-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

Waiting for Brad to check in on this ...
Old 09-14-2009, 06:56 PM

No, it was a BIN not a Best Offer. Don't know why it didn't work....
Old 09-14-2009, 07:07 PM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

Unrelated Bing bong; Several mature refunds had "failed" to be awarded for over two months. I did get them all, eventually. Now they post regularly. The Bing customer service, email process sock'd hard.
Old 09-14-2009, 07:37 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
Unrelated Bing bong;
since you asked: