NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-09-2009, 08:28 PM
Adam M.

Default Tonight's Hunt Auction -- great closing method

Thank you, Hunt Auctions, for the way you close individual lots in your auctions. I had bid on one lot in the Hunt Auction tonight. It hit 10:00pm, no one put in another bid on that one lot, so at 10:20pm I won that lot. Over and done with. My lot did not stay "open" just because someone may have put in a bid on a different lot.

There is no need to drag things out and close all lots at once in large auctions. The Hunt way is much more efficient in my opinion.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Rawn Hill

I believe I won a Carrigan signed ball, so I am pleased as well.

Rawn
Old 09-09-2009, 08:34 PM
Matt Wieder

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrigansghost View Post

Rawn
Rawn - that's a fantastic pickup for you - congrats!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:38 PM
Rawn Hill

Thank Matt, I owe it all to a fellow member that alerted me to the auction...........Thanks SEAN!!!!! I owe you one.

Rawn
Old 09-09-2009, 08:53 PM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrigansghost View Post

Rawn
Nicely done Rawn. I will have to check out the pic on the auction site. Congrats.

"There is no need to drag things out and close all lots at once in large auctions. The Hunt way is much more efficient in my opinion".

Much agreed Adam.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:15 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Yes.. congrats to you both! This closing format works well if you are high on an item and it receives no bids in the overtime session.

But if you get bumped late, and want to switch over to an alternate lot, you are completely screwed (because the other lots have already closed). This scenario seems to happen much more for me than the scenario which allowed you both to win tonight. So I prefer the Lelands/REA style format.

Just my opinion though, and I realize I'm in the minority.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:21 AM
Phil Garry

I have to agree with Adam, I prefer the auctions where lots close on an individual basis. Being on the east coast, this avoids me stayng up until all hours of the night. If you are interested in multiple lots, you have to prioritize and hope that it works out for the best.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Glyn Parson

Default I agree with Perezfan

I think it is unfair to a consignor after all there obligation is to try an ethically get him the most money they can for his consigned material. I know legacy ended this way as well and my friend was extremelly disappointed with his consignments to Greg. Though I as a bidder did win a number of things from the legacy auction.
Old 09-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Sean Brennan

Glad you got it Rawn! Though I will always have to question why Hunt Didnt even mention Carrigan was on the ball?
Old 09-11-2009, 09:33 AM
Paul

Default this is clearly...

...A bidder friendly system. If that encourages more bids than the alernate clsoing method then it is good for consignors. Otherwise...

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 09-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Jimmy

If the winner of lot number 14 (1866 Haney's Base Ball Reference) wants to help with a research project with a scan or xerox of a couple of pages of the guide, please email me.

If someone happens to know who won the lot, I would really appreciate a forward of this message.

Thx!

leiderman@gmail.com
Old 09-11-2009, 10:16 AM
Joe P.

Default Great teamwork .....

Sean to Rawn to Carrigan ... I congratulate you.

Everyone wins with the Hunt Humanitarian Closing.

It certainly has my vote.