NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-18-2015, 02:23 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Default 51 Mick Bowman- Ebay listing -fishing offers off Ebay.

The card looks real..assuming hard to fake the gum stain and all.
By looking at the descripton, aint that against Ebay policy???
The seller is from Canada and with 2 feedback, not outing the auction, if someone was indeed looking to buy it, because its a beauty. And the Lou Gehrig 34 goudey is nice too!
Whats your thought if you read this in a Ebay description? I know we do it here, but..just someone trying to save cost perhaps, then what if a dealer does this, What about the auction bids ongoing?? Seller files a no longer has item claim?? Then why didnt the seller use the Best Offer option?

Quote:
1951 Bowman Mickey Mantle Rookie #253 PSA 4
Card is in Excellent Condition

If you have any offers that are reasonable please message me and we can do Direct Paypal

we ship worldwide Prices are

Canada 7.50
USA 8.50
Other Countries 15.00

Now if we accept your offers shipping will be free and it will have tracking number and no duty fee for anyone we promise that.

Thanks for looking and check out our other auctions !!!!!!!
Ping Bodie, Sam Rice

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 11-18-2015 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:41 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

As far as the current auction bids, the seller will probably end the auction more than 24 hours prior to its completion so he/she won't incur any FVF's. If I'm not mistaken, Ebay allows sellers to do this several times per year without any penalty.
Old 11-18-2015, 04:01 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
As far as the current auction bids, the seller will probably end the auction more than 24 hours prior to its completion so he/she won't incur any FVF's. If I'm not mistaken, Ebay allows sellers to do this several times per year without any penalty.
Used to be the case, but I think every auction ended early has the 10% taken out now. But yes, you should Report the listing for violating terms of eBay policy of accepting offers through messaging.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-18-2015, 11:18 PM
je.sse @rnot

I'd say it's a big red flag. Not to mention the feedback score. Although his one reported sale is a psa 9 86 jordan. The card is real but I would be more worried that he doesn't really have it.

I saw something similar on an auction for a 52 mantle a while back, different seller. Willing to end auction early for the right offer. We agreed to a price and I asked for a few more pictures, including one with his ebay screen name written on a piece of paper next to it. He stopped responding after that.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:03 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Used to be the case, but I think every auction ended early has the 10% taken out now. But yes, you should Report the listing for violating terms of eBay policy of accepting offers through messaging.
as long as there is a bid...

you can start with a initial bid price that's 10% over market price and fish for direct sales...when you take it down there isn't any charge since no bids....so I am told..