NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-07-2020, 06:55 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Default Anyone an expert on Paypal Credit promos?

Hello everyone,

This obviously not a pre-war question but might be of interest to everyone.

I signed up last year for Paypal Credit mainly to take advantage of the 0% for 6 month promos they always have running...

Took advantage of it last fall, made a purchase of cards - not through ebay or an online store but an individual. Transaction went through no problem.

First statement shows, interest and late fee. Call in to customer service which is Synchrony Bank and late fee is removed as transaction occurred after previous month statement and new statement hadn't been issued. I also had made a payment prior to statement being issued to boot...interest however is not since...

The Paypal Credit transaction went through as a standard transaction not unlike FF or G&S or CC...customer service rep told me that since I hadn't paid off a Paypal invoice transaction kicks to a standard transaction (interest accruing) Then he places it in dispute since nowhere in Paypal's Terms and Conditions, website, promos or elsewhere does it state how to use the 0% promos. Fix date was told to me by 2/6/2020...rep tells me they normally do a one-time correction and credit interest back since no invoice issued...

Today I check account and no change, interest is still there and not credited... Call in to customer service and find that it is Synchrony Bank customer service and NOT Paypal...call back in and CSR tells me that only merchants like ebay will give you that option. I disagree with him show that whenever you go to send money Paypal credit with 0% is an option, showing no qualifiers. We escalate again, manager agrees that it is an issue and that Synchrony plans on fixing that in the meantime my dispute will take another cycle to resolve... end of story with Synchrony is that they have no idea how the product works and refer me back to Paypal….they gave me 3 different answers...

This gets better!

I call Paypal and after finagling a way to a live operator (since its not a complaint or a payment) merely a fact finding mission they tell me that Paypal Credit is not a Paypal product, its Synchrony Banks'. All roads lead back to Synchrony. Paypal reps couldn't tell me how product works either other than ebay...

So at this point I am waiting for interest refund and plan on reaching out to Paypal exec team next week for an answer on how this works. Its a good way to buy cards!

Anyone else have similar experiences and or resolutions with this type of issue?

Thanks all!:confu sed:
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by chalupacollects; 02-07-2020 at 06:59 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 02-08-2020, 04:55 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

I churn credit card and checking promos all the time. Paypal credit's 6-month "promo" is the worst I've ever used. It charges retroactive interest if the balance isn't paid in full within 6 months.
Old 02-09-2020, 12:49 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Well some of them charge back from day one if balance not paid. Some only charge interest on remaining balance..

This is different, they don't seem to know what the actual offering is!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.

Last edited by chalupacollects; 02-09-2020 at 12:50 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-09-2020, 12:58 PM
Tony. Biviano

You buy a product at the 6 months free interest. The interest accrues but you are not charged it unless you fail to pay back within 6 months. Same as 12 and 24 month interest free promotions. The problem with the 6 months free interest is if you have any other outstanding PayPal purchases the bank pay whoever they want first.. You have to stay on that. Been through what you have been through. If you have any other outstanding purchases I would advise you to make payments over the phone and tell them where you want your payments to be allocated.
Old 02-09-2020, 02:19 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Thanks, that I was aware of, or you could make double payments per month... my issue is that I followed their instructions and they are not honoring the promo... yet - Its in dispute...