NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-10-2024, 05:22 PM
Richie Harris

Default New member...wants vintage mlb autographs

I am collecting MLB Managers autographs. I have a good sized collection back to the 1920s....only on flat items that can go into a binder page. No caps, bats or balls. I have a want list and am a buyer if I can get a reasonable price. These are not for resell, only to build my collection.
My want list includes:
Bill Donovan Phila 1921
Pat Moran Phila 1915-1918
Billy Murray Phila 1907-1909
Deacon McGuire Clev 1910-11
George Stovall Clev 1911
Joe Birmingham Clev 1912-1915
Jimmy Callahan Pitts 1916-17
Hugo Bedzek 1917-19
Jimmy McAleer Wash 1910-11
Joe Cantillon Wash 1907-09
George Stoval Browns 1912-13
Fielder Jones Browns 1916-18
Hank O'Day Cubs 1914
Bill Armour Detroit 1905-06
Jimmy Collins Red Sox 1901-06
Jake Stahl Red Sox 1912-13
Hughie Jennings
Nixey Callahan W. Sox 1912-14
John Ganzel Cinc. 1908
Ivy Wingo Cinc. 1916
Bid McPee Cinc. 1901-02
Shano Collins Red Sox
Would also like to have Miller Huggins and Wilbert Robinson but market prices exceed my budget
Old 04-10-2024, 05:32 PM

Hope you find some. I may have a couple of those.

Fair warning, though. If market prices exceed your budget for the two you mentioned, you may as well forget about owning most of the others on that list. The vast majority will be of similar, if not far greater value. Many are practically nonexistent, anyway.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:02 PM
K&v!/\/ R@g$d@/3

I have had in my collection about 2/3 of your want list but when I downsized 4-5 years ago I sold all of them . That being said most of your list will be difficult to find at best and many of them will be in the high hundreds to mid thousands and 4-5 of them will be in the tens of thousands of dollars . I don't want to rain on your enthusiasm and it sounds like a great collection but you are now into the upper tier of collecting baseball autographs for any category so enjoy the fun and the search. It may take time but it will be fun and my advice is buy anyone you can find on your list no matter what medium it's on because some of those are that rare that they may be never be offered publicly and when they are expect a bidding war and some you may never see. GOOD LUCK !
Old 04-11-2024, 12:19 PM
Richie Harris

Great advice from both of you. Appreciate it. Please let me know if you find any of those are available; maybe i can strectch my budget to get what I want.
Old 04-11-2024, 12:21 PM
Richie Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
Hope you find some. I may have a couple of those.

Fair warning, though. If market prices exceed your budget for the two you mentioned, you may as well forget about owning most of the others on that list. The vast majority will be of similar, if not far greater value. Many are practically nonexistent, anyway.
Please let me know if you have any of the list available. Maybe I can stretch my budget.
Thank you.
Old 04-11-2024, 07:10 PM

Since you're new and eager, please be on the watch out for people sending you private messages through the site making offers for you to "email my brother/cousin/uncle/me" sent to you from users with accounts that are new or only a few months old.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:47 AM
Richie Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by BioCRN View Post
Since you're new and eager, please be on the watch out for people sending you private messages through the site making offers for you to "email my brother/cousin/uncle/me" sent to you from users with accounts that are new or only a few months old.

Thank you for that!
Good advise.