NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-07-2018, 04:12 PM
Casey Moore

Default What Would You Do?

I'm looking for some feedback. I recently purchased (not yet in hand) a magazine from 1912 that I have been trying to track down for a long time. The magazine contains some high quality prints/supplements and is complete. My main interest is only in one of the prints because it is a rare image of a popular athlete. (Vague, I know, but I want to make sure it is in hand before getting into details.)

What would you do: Keep the magazine complete, or remove the print to enjoy by itself (possibly framed)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
Old 05-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Could you possibly get a good scan of the page and frame that while still keeping the magazine complete?

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 05-07-2018, 07:03 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

I’d frame the one I wanted and try to sell the rest. Maybe you get the photo you want for free at the end of the day.
Old 05-07-2018, 08:11 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

I'd keep the magazine complete.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:54 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

I would keep the magazine complete and frame a high res scan of the print you want. If it is that rare or valuable, perhaps a safe deposit box would be a good place to store it. That is what I have been doing with most of my Gehrig photos and autos.
These framed items are examples of what can be done with nice scans of the originals and noone is the wiser.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL

Last edited by Lordstan; 05-07-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 05-08-2018, 05:25 AM
G@ry Cier@dkowski

If you're nut hung up on having the real thing framed on your wall, I'd get a very good hi-rez scan of the photos you want out of it, then you can frame them any size you want without destroying the magazine. You also have the image saved so you can use it again if needed.

If you don't want to keep the magazine, then you can sell it intact to someone who collects and appreciates complete issues. You can most likely make your money back or even turn a little profit without ruining the issue.

I'm a writer, and I can't tell you how frustrated I get when I see a single page from an old Baseball Magazine for sale on ebay without the rest of the article! I pick up old Baseball Magazine and others when I can get them cheap, copy the photos and articles that interest me and then resell or give them to people who collect the complete issues.
Old 05-08-2018, 06:32 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore330 View Post
I'm looking for some feedback. I recently purchased (not yet in hand) a magazine from 1912 that I have been trying to track down for a long time. The magazine contains some high quality prints/supplements and is complete. My main interest is only in one of the prints because it is a rare image of a popular athlete. (Vague, I know, but I want to make sure it is in hand before getting into details.)

What would you do: Keep the magazine complete, or remove the print to enjoy by itself (possibly framed)?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
I would remove it and enjoy it. This hobby is supposed to bring joy so do what makes you happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I would keep the magazine complete and frame a high res scan of the print you want. If it is that rare or valuable, perhaps a safe deposit box would be a good place to store it. That is what I have been doing with most of my Gehrig photos and autos.
These framed items are examples of what can be done with nice scans of the originals and noone is the wiser.

WOW those are awesome. I would do this and then sell the originals so someone could enjoy them.