NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-19-2011, 12:33 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Default Football Forum?

Apologies for being off-topic, but is there a similar forum to this one for vintage football memorabilia? I've found a ton of great information on the baseball forum that has helped with IDing items I came across, but the only football forum I found hasn't had any new posts in about 2 years. Specifically, I'm looking for information on equipment, not cards. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.
Old 04-19-2011, 02:20 PM

I collect Football items pretty heavily, and sometimes items get posted on here. I dont think this is specifically a "Baseball" forum per say, but Baseball is the majority of what is talked about. I know there are several friends of mine that are heavily into Football that read and post on this memorabilia board.

I would say post it here and you'll get some of the best in the hobby looking at it!

Rhys Yeakley
Old 04-19-2011, 03:18 PM

I don't know of any specific football memorabilia forums out there, but this one has had some great football posts and conversations, as well as basketball/boxing, etc. Football is my main focus too. What kind of stuff do you collect/focus on?
Old 04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default your forum your rules

When this memorabilia forum was formed we said it was whatever you guys want. You guys decide but I think football and all other memorabilia would probably be fine. That is also why it doesn't say "baseball memorablia" in the title at the top of the board it only says "memorabilia"....Dan B pretty much has the run of the roost over here.

best regards
Old 04-19-2011, 05:21 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
When this memorabilia forum was formed we said it was whatever you guys want. You guys decide but I think football and all other memorabilia would probably be fine. That is also why it doesn't say "baseball memorablia" in the title at the top of the board it only says "memorabilia"....Dan B pretty much has the run of the roost over here.

best regards
Leon, it says "Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum" on my computer. Am I getting some extra wordage that you guys aren't?
Old 04-19-2011, 05:46 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Looks like the bottom line is football memorabilia posts are okay. I just wanted to make sure since I know some groups are more militant about such things. At the moment, I've got a helmet that I wanted to get some opinions on, but never know what I may run across in the future. I'll get some pics together and make a separate post though. Thanks!
Old 04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Looks like the bottom line is football memorabilia posts are okay. I just wanted to make sure since I know some groups are more militant about such things. At the moment, I've got a helmet that I wanted to get some opinions on, but never know what I may run across in the future. I'll get some pics together and make a separate post though. Thanks!
I'd say post it. I'd love to check it out, and I'm pretty sure that there's alot of people in here that would like to as well.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 PM
Max Weder

Football and other vintage sports postings have always been welcome here,
Old 04-19-2011, 09:20 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by novakjr View Post
Leon, it says "Vintage Baseball Memorabilia Forum" on my computer. Am I getting some extra wordage that you guys aren't?
Clarification...right below the big Net54baseball.com logo that is in blue it only has "memorabilia". I think I need to confer with Dan about the change before we do it...regards
Old 04-20-2011, 02:17 AM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Clarification...right below the big Net54baseball.com logo that is in blue it only has "memorabilia". I think I need to confer with Dan about the change before we do it...regards

You guys should change it from "Baseball memorabilia" to "Sports memorabilia" and i bet it would get a lot more active.
Old 04-20-2011, 07:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default take a vote or something....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko G View Post
You guys should change it from "Baseball memorabilia" to "Sports memorabilia" and i bet it would get a lot more active.
Whatever ya'll decide is probably fine by me......Dan probably needs to be in on this discussion....
Old 04-20-2011, 07:32 AM
P.hil €lli$

Quote:
Would love to see what you have and hope to be able to give you the information you are looking for. I have been collecting leather football helmets for about 13 years.

Phil
Old 04-20-2011, 11:46 AM

Default Football Yes

Quote:
Apologies for being off-topic, but is there a similar forum to this one for vintage football memorabilia? I've found a ton of great information on the baseball forum that has helped with IDing items I came across, but the only football forum I found hasn't had any new posts in about 2 years. Specifically, I'm looking for information on equipment, not cards. If someone could point me in the right direction, I would be most appreciative.
CatsPJ's,
I've done plenty of football posts on here and I don't recall anyone ever throwing tomatoes...I'd recommend putting the word football in the subject...then baseball purists just won't click on it to be bothered....Actually, it seems baseball only collectors usualy find some football stuff interesting...they just only spend their money on baseball.
-Carlton

Old 04-20-2011, 01:18 PM
Dan Bretta

I think any vintage sports memorabilia is fine..and even some non-vintage like the modern game used stuff is okay too, but I'd rather the focus stay on vintage which IMO is pre-1980. All sports are welcome as far as I am concerned.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:47 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default we are getting there

In the end I am going to let Dan make the final call on this. I did have a private email suggestion of a separate autograph forum? I am not sure there is enough activity for that but thought I would throw it out. I will even look at changing some forum titles, or adding a forum if it is warranted, to better fit the new foci (I made that word up) . So far it looks like all vintage with leniency for newer memorabilia too. I am not sure why we wouldn't always want to make the place better? Thanks for all who have chimed in so far and thanks for Dan keeping this side cool..Keep the thoughts coming.....regards
Old 04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default Vintage memorabilia and football

I remember when I was new to this forum, maybe I still am, sending an PM to someone and getting talked down to when suggesting such an idea. If I remember correctly "you" said there is a football and other sports section and implied I should try using it before making suggestions. I think there are A LOT of people that collect many other sports than just baseball looking to talk to others about vintage memorabilia from other sports. Just because this is mainly a pre WW 2 card forum doesn't mean it cannot be made better by serving other with more varied interests. Or, maybe I should just go lay by my dish.
Old 04-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default issues....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I remember when I was new to this forum, maybe I still am, sending an PM to someone and getting talked down to when suggesting such an idea. If I remember correctly "you" said there is a football and other sports section and implied I should try using it before making suggestions. I think there are A LOT of people that collect many other sports than just baseball looking to talk to others about vintage memorabilia from other sports. Just because this is mainly a pre WW 2 card forum doesn't mean it cannot be made better by serving other with more varied interests. Or, maybe I should just go lay by my dish.
In looking back at your earlier posts I see you like to be a bit confrontational. And if we continue this discussion I will ask you to put your name in your post. As for football, I should have made reference to football cards, if we had a discussion about it, but if it was football memorabilia, then I have decided to let the forum members and Dan make that call. thanks
Old 04-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

My name is Jason Hughes and I am from Minneapolis. I have been buying and selling sports memorabilia for over 20 years. All I am stating is that I sent you an email regarding this exact topic and you were not very nice about. You were the one that was confrontational replying as if I was taking a shot at your site. I was kind enough to send my original email as a private message only as a suggestion. I just find it ironic that the same question is now asked by people you respect more and the tone is much different. I enjoy reading the varied posts from many different people with their varied expertise on great topics. I am not here looking for acceptance, only interesting reading.