NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-17-2016, 09:51 AM
Dave

Glad to see these changes taking place. Would be nice to see Ebay implementing this into their software sitewide, instead of just handholding a single big seller with concerns and forgetting about the rest of their site.
Old 10-17-2016, 11:49 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

The answer is simple, folks, and doesn't require a lot of hand-wringing: if you really feel that PWCC is giving fraudsters an open ticket for the next several months, boycott PWCC auctions until the company moves to a policy position that makes you comfortable, and email PWCC and let them know you are boycotting them for that reason. If you are OK with as many as ten retractions but not 25, don't do business with PWCC until January 2017. If you think that the number should be 1 or 2 in six months, don't do business with them again until they move to that policy. Either way, let them know and stick to your decision.

It occurs to me that we've had this discussion repeatedly, whether it is over the criminal fraud of Mastro/Legendary, the seedy criminal backgrounds of some dealers and AH owners, the dodgy behavior of certain sellers, eBay shilling (Broadway Rick), market manipulation, etc. If you don't like someone or if you don't like the way they run their business, stop working with them. Our hobby is a business, so hit them where it really hurts: their wallets. If you are going to hold your nose and participate because stuff trumps all, then stop whining about the unfairness of the system in which you are participating. If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.

Please note that I'm not saying boycott PWCC and I am not saying don't. Make your own decision. Just don't take the moral outrage position and then bid in PWCC auctions anyway.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 10-17-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 10-18-2016, 08:52 AM

Default Good Job!

Brent and Betsy,

Thanks for your efforts here. While no policy will satisfy everyone this is a great start. I look forward to participating in your future auctions.

Steve
Old 11-08-2016, 12:29 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Batter up.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d..._None_ViewLink

We should have a contest to see who can find the most.

Last edited by PhillipAbbott79; 11-08-2016 at 12:32 PM.
Old 11-08-2016, 03:11 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by seinbigd View Post
Brent and Betsy,

Thanks for your efforts here. While no policy will satisfy everyone this is a great start. I look forward to participating in your future auctions.

Steve
Whats Probsteins position...
Old 11-09-2016, 07:22 AM

Default Bravo

Bravo...would welcome the changes.

Z
Old 11-11-2016, 11:39 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default bidders exclusivity with sellers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
Batter up.

We should have a contest to see who can find the most.
In looking at many of the bidders stats it seems a lot of bidders bid a high percentage with PWCC. And I am not saying this in any kind of negative way. Maybe there are collectors who bid almost exclusively with certain sellers? As a prolific ebay bidder, and a person that is all over the map , it is hard for me to imagine but oh well..

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2047675.l2565

Old 11-11-2016, 12:30 PM
A.J. Johnson

They can bid all day long with PWCC and only with PWCC for all I care as long as they pay for everything they win with zero retractions!
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 12-04-2016, 08:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

I hope PWCC quickly moves to a lower number of acceptable retractions. Seeing someone like this as high bidder just does not inspire confidence.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:59 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
In looking at many of the bidders stats it seems a lot of bidders bid a high percentage with PWCC. And I am not saying this in any kind of negative way. Maybe there are collectors who bid almost exclusively with certain sellers? As a prolific ebay bidder, and a person that is all over the map , it is hard for me to imagine but oh well..

I kind of get it. After having had to chase after several refunds in recent months I can understand making a specific effort to bid in auctions run by trustworthy sellers. I "follow" several sellers with my eBay feed because they are honest, trustworthy sellers who present items that interest me and deliver on their auctions. I don't do all of my bidding with them but definitely do a substantial part of it.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 12-04-2016, 11:46 AM
J@$0n.Chri$$i$

Every month they offer thousands of lots with everything from the 19th century to the present in all sports. They combine shipping for the entire length of the auction meaning you don't have to pay until it's completely over. Shipping is cheap, fast, and packed securely. You know when each lot closes and don't have to stay up all night as you do with the major auction houses.

Yes, I do understand that the eBay format makes their system ripe for shilling/fraud, but I do see why busy collectors would be loyal customers and willing to pay more based on the reasons I stated.

I am both a PWCC buyer and consigner. I do not shill but do appreciate the steps they are taking to try and clean up the system.
Old 12-04-2016, 04:41 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
I hope PWCC quickly moves to a lower number of acceptable retractions. Seeing someone like this as high bidder just does not inspire confidence.

66% of his/her bids with PWCC too. I am happy PWCC is doing/trying to do something, but that 25 bid retraction ceiling is way too high, imo.