NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Administrator

Default Ed Keetz Latham NY shows

Posted By: mcavoy

Anyone go to these? I notice in VCBC, these used to be advertised as Vintage. Do these shows continue to be vintage? Thanks, Mike

Old 04-28-2005, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Ed Keetz used to have a pre-1976 Albany Show which I attended several times.

I was able to pick up a 1914 Chief Meyers Pritchard Stamp, and a 1910 era Roger Bresnahan writing tablet at one of the shows about 5-6 years ago. I am not sure of what he has at the Latham NY show(s) with regards to vintage material.

Patrick

Old 04-28-2005, 05:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ole Ironweeds

Levi and Bob Bostoff used to set up there, but not in the last few years from what I hear...
Randy Kniffen might still come over from Vermont with a few vintage cards, otherwise just a handful of the "mall show" type tables...a far cry from the Old Polish Community shows back in the olden times...

Old 04-29-2005, 08:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RobertS

He used to hold a pre-1976 and a general show. Several years ago, I attended the general show and was pleasantly surprised at the dealers who had pre-war stuff.

A couple of the dealers seemd to be unique to the area, as I hadn't seen them at New York City-area, Boston or Philly shows.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Lindholme

Wow does this topic hit home...I cannot answer the question about Ed's current shows now that I have moved to the far west coast(Oregon), but I lived for 35 years in VT and built much of my prewar collection at that show. Tik & Tik, Randy Kniffin (a close personal friend), Levi and others had some great stuff there. I picked up my E105 Mello Mint from Terry in Albany NY in 1997...I'll bet it would go for 10X what I paid for it now

Yep, the Polish Community Center was the place to be...I have a friend back in VT that might still attend the Keetz shows, I'll call him and see whazzup.

Brian L.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon Canfield

I am from the Albany area and I'm proud to say that Ed Keetz is a great friend of mine, my confirmation sponsor when I was younger, and an employer from ages 11-16 (I had the greatest job in the world working with autograph guests every weekend when i was growing up). The old-pre 1976 shows used to be great - I met Terry through the shows and that's really what got me started in pre-war baseball. As for the Latham shows, I've only been able to go to 1 or 2 in the last 3 years or so, mainly because of undergrad and now law school. From what I recall, it is hit or miss with good vintage things. There will be some very very nice items, and then sometimes not too much. If I remember correctly, last time I went there was a dealer who had some People's Tobacco cards (Kotton back maybe)?

Old 03-29-2019, 10:47 AM

Default Ed Keetz

Hey Jon -- I'd like to get a hold of Ed Keetz (all good -- he doesn't owe me money or anything! -- you got his contact info?

Tom Hanson
DrTomHanson@gmail.com
Old 03-29-2019, 12:08 PM
Don Hontz

I set up a few times at the Ed Keetz show in Albany, pre 1976 shows, wonderful vintage shows. I believe Ed doesn't promote shows any longer. He ran a great show.
Old 03-29-2019, 12:35 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default albany ny card show

Hi

I've been to the Albany NY card show a few times.

It's a monthly show now, with usually one former NY Giant player signing autograph for $20.

It's about 25-30 tables. $3 to get in.

But after going to the National NSCC, everything is pale in comparison. I'd consider getting a table but I think it's too much for what sells (mostly modern and some post war). I'd be more inclined to attend if prices were closer to eBay or message board range. I get it that dealers have to make back the big cash outlay for table expenses.

It's small, it's local and it's what we have. I support it.
Set in progress: 1994 Upper Deck World Cup autographed
Set in progress: 1938 Konig Fussball
Sub set in progress: 1910-12 Sweet Caporal pins - Philadelphia Athletics - 4 of 11 complete (need: Baker, Murphy, Plank, Krause, Davis)

Successful transactions:
aro13
edsj
commishbob
jpaol99
Gonzo,
abroom
Brianp-beme
Dboneesq
Chris Counts
xplainer
Bobbyw8469
Old 03-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Rich Klein

In the 1980's I used to set up in Albany and it was a long but fun day with a 3 hour drive each way at the Polish Community Center.

I also attended in the 1990's when I was at Beckett, one of the pre-1976 cards and I personally had a blast and loved the whole concept.

I hope Ed is doing well and Frank (his dad) and I used to chat all show long whenever I went to Albany,

When the 1984 National was in Parsippany NJ a full bus of Albany collectors came down for the 1st day and I think that is a cool concept for the Chicago show, etc. Could you imagine a bus coming in from a place within 3 hours so not every collector had to make their own arrangements

Rich
Old 03-31-2019, 04:19 AM

Default Frank

In the beginning days, Ed's father Frank Keetz would set up a table. Had many minor league items, oddball stuff. Got a 1940 Crowley's Dairy Mike Milasovich from him that I still have.

PreWar NYAL cards, photos, etc.
WantList: Mendelsohns Marsans; Rose 760PC Niles; Koester Mitchell; Koester Ferguson;1924 Diaz Roettger
Successful deals with 60+ board members
Old 04-05-2019, 01:30 PM
Scott

I set up back in happier times at Ed's shows. A Classy man, and chatted with his dad many times. Good man and very knowledgable.
Old 04-06-2019, 10:31 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Fourteen year old posts on our board can be interesting. They can also be rabbit holes of time.

I think as long as no one sues the OP we are good.

Last edited by Leon; 04-06-2019 at 10:32 AM.
Old 04-06-2019, 03:42 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
fourteen year old posts on our board can be interesting. they can also be rabbit holes of time.

I think as long as no one sues the op we are good.

rofl