NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-18-2014, 07:03 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default O/T....Go Taney....Little League World Series

Here in Pennsylvania we have an exciting new team to root for (since the Phillies have fizzled out). The Taney Dragons (Taney Youth Baseball
Association from Philadelphia) are in the final round of the Little League World Series.

Last night in Williamsport, Taney rallied from behind to beat the Texas team and advance to the final round.

TED Z
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Love the game!

Ted,

I share your enthusiasm for the Series. My son made the Vermont All-Star team last year (his last year of eligibility) and they went to Bristol CT for the Regionals. No VT team has ever made it to Williamsport but his team was only 1 game away!!!!! They lost to RI in the semis and it was so close!

I think I was more stressed than the kids!

I love watching the Series on TV. The kids have so much heart and they play the old fashioned way. Small ball at its best! Literally!

Good luck to Philly PA. I can't wait for Mo'ne's next start! Tuesday I think?

Take care, mike

Last edited by vthobby; 08-18-2014 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Thanx Mike

These kids are exciting to watch. It's a great treat to see them play, since I've lost interest in the Phillies this season.

However, ESPN -2 last nite switched away from this game in the 6th inning to show car racing. At that point in the game, Taney was losing.

Hey, I love NASCAR, too....but, this was a despicable switch by ESPN.

Fortunately, a local AM radio station had the game on, and we listened to Taney's comeback in the late innings to win the game.

TED Z
Old 08-18-2014, 09:54 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Good luck to Taney, they are surely an exciting team. I wouldn't mind if they won it all, but I will be pulling for Nevada's Mountain Ridge. Last month, my son's team lost to them in the Nevada state championship, and I can verify that the Mt. Ridge team is stacked.
Old 08-18-2014, 09:54 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
These kids are exciting to watch. It's a great treat to see them play, since I've lost interest in the Phillies this season.

However, ESPN -2 last nite switched away from this game in the 6th inning to show car racing. At that point in the game, Taney was losing.

Hey, I love NASCAR, too....but, this was a despicable switch by ESPN.

Fortunately, a local AM radio station had the game on, and we listened to Taney's comeback in the late innings to win the game.

TED Z
Was it an ESPN-2 Heidi moment?
Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 AM
rob.ert int.rieri

That game last night was super exciting. Many times looks can be deceiving, some of the smallest players really come through in the clutch. While the fielding doesn't really surprise me the swings on many of the kids are virtually perfect. A lot of fun.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:05 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Heidi moment indeed!

Guys,

I agree, that was not cool. At some point I thought they would realize their "mistake" and go back to the game! UGH!

Sorry but I could not resist adding a few photos of my son's All-Star journey to Bristol. An incredible journey indeed! , peace, mike

PS That rounding third shot looked familiar to me so I found the Cobb photo it reminded me of!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kevinpapariello.jpg (68.4 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg PVX_0965_Vermont.jpg (20.1 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg Kevin All Stars 2013.jpg (60.7 KB, 173 views)
File Type: jpg untitled.jpg (8.2 KB, 172 views)

Last edited by vthobby; 08-18-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:13 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
These kids are exciting to watch. It's a great treat to see them play,TED Z
I'll second that, Ted. Amazing to see these kids play. The Mo'ne Davis phenomenon has been awesome as well. We had a girl on our 11U summer team and she was the real deal... she could throw gas and hit the cover off the ball. Happy to see this on the big stage in the LLWS.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

I stopped watching the Little League World Series after the Danny Almonte scandal.
Old 08-18-2014, 11:09 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Well, if we're going to post pictures, here is one of my son, whose era at the state championship was under 2 over 4 games.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg andy photo x.jpg (71.1 KB, 162 views)
Old 08-18-2014, 11:21 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Sweet!

Mark,

Nice shot, my photos were taken by professionals (not me!), did you take that yourself?

mike
Old 08-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Mike P.ap

Default Deleted

Deleted

Last edited by vthobby; 08-19-2014 at 07:54 PM. Reason: Delete
Old 08-18-2014, 11:31 AM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Mark,

Nice shot, my photos were taken by professionals (not me!), did you take that yourself?

mike
same deal. I was too busy pacing around to take any good photos.
Old 08-18-2014, 12:36 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Was it an ESPN-2 Heidi moment?
Last nite's ESPN's "switcheroni" was 1000 times worse than CBS's "Heidi moment"..........which, if I recall correctly happened to Dan Rather.
Cry-baby Rather had a tantrum over the Heidi TV movie cutting short his phony news broadcast.

It also, happened to Rather on another occasion when the U.S. Tennis Open cut into his time slot.

Speaking about Tennis....ESPN will be televising this month's U.S. Tennis Open. I'm expecting ESPN to repeat their "switcheroni" BS during
this sporting event.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 08-18-2014 at 12:47 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:03 PM
Charles
Charlie Ma.nn

Default What's The Frequency Kenneth?

Quote:
Last nite's ESPN's "switcheroni" was 1000 times worse than CBS's "Heidi moment"..........which, if I recall correctly happened to Dan Rather.
Cry-baby Rather had a tantrum over the Heidi TV movie cutting short his phony news broadcast.

It also, happened to Rather on another occasion when the U.S. Tennis Open cut into his time slot.

Speaking about Tennis....ESPN will be televising this month's U.S. Tennis Open. I'm expecting ESPN to repeat their "switcheroni" BS during
this sporting event.

TED Z
The Heidi Game, or Bowl was the football game played between the Jets and Raiders in 1968. The Jets were leading late in the game when NBC decided to switch to their movie for the night, "Heidi". The Raiders ended up scoring a couple of touchdowns late to win the game.
Old 08-18-2014, 01:15 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Pacing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
same deal. I was too busy pacing around to take any good photos.
Too funny Mark, I know all to well about pacing. I was wearing a white bball cap in Bristol and my wife told me I walked (paced) around the entire fence about 10 times during the game. I asked her how she knew that and she said she could see my white hat going all around the field during the game!

It was a blast! Take care, mike
Old 08-18-2014, 01:25 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Thanx Charlie for setting the scenario correctly.

What occurred last nite on ESPN was such an atrocious act of disregard by a broadcasting network for the viewing public, as I have ever seen.

It was the 6th inning, Texas was leading 6-4, but Taney was in the process of starting a rally when ESPN switched over to some car racing event.

TED Z
Old 08-18-2014, 01:52 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtgmsc View Post
Guys,

I agree, that was not cool. At some point I thought they would realize their "mistake" and go back to the game! UGH!

Sorry but I could not resist adding a few photos of my son's All-Star journey to Bristol. An incredible journey indeed! , peace, mike

PS That rounding third shot looked familiar to me so I found the Cobb photo it reminded me of!
Great shot rounding third (and heading for home). Love also the ump who is watching to make sure he touches the bag.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:07 PM

Can't wait for Mo'ne pitch again!
"I am an outcast, and I haven't a good name. I'm the loser, just like all gamblers are. I lived to make great plays. What did I gain? Nothing. Everything was lost because I raised hell after hours. I was a wise guy, a know-it-all, I guess."
-Hal Chase
Old 08-18-2014, 06:49 PM
Mike P.ap

Default Umpire....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tschock View Post
Great shot rounding third (and heading for home). Love also the ump who is watching to make sure he touches the bag.
Taylor,

That photo was taken a year ago and I NEVER even noticed the ump in the photo! All I saw was my son rounding third! Too cool! Take care,

Mik

PS This was their team photo before leaving Vermont. It was done for FREE by a local photo studio and they gave each player a FREE 12x14 print also! I call it the "gunslinger" photo as it reminds me of the old west. My son is second from the left.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg All Stars Bristol team pic.jpg (77.2 KB, 86 views)

Last edited by vthobby; 08-18-2014 at 06:52 PM.
Old 08-20-2014, 05:31 PM
M@rk Lu7z

They're expecting 35,000 to attend tonight's game. Wow.
Old 08-21-2014, 12:38 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Received a copy of the SI today with Mo'ne on the front. Nice little article about the Taney team.