NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-18-2012, 08:48 PM

Default Why is it so hard for eBay sellers to just answer your question?

Usually I don't have any problem with eBay sellers because I only buy from those with high feedback scores and who specialize in memorabilia. Lately though, it seems like everyone has flipped the switch on me. Look at the responses I've gotten lately from sellers after asking extremely easy yes or no questions:

Hello. Great photo. I was wondering if you would offer a refund if the photo was found not be an original print. Thanks.

Cryptic answer: The photo is original. we have been dealing in sports memorabilia since 1977.

Great card! I was wondering if you would offer a full refund if the card does not pass third party authentication. Thanks a lot!

Cryptic answer: This card has already passed it once as it came from a PSA lot. But even PSA won't guarantee it to pass again. That is one of the reasons I so very detest those authentication companies. They are going to charge some schmuck 100 dollars to "authenticate" a card when we already know it is good. Just look at it! I really want zero to do with some snot-nosed kid who works at some service and wasn't even alive when Maris died. I am nearly 60 years old and was one of those collectors who got Maris in person, as well as Clemente, Aaron, Munson, and many others. If somebody can really forge a semi-faded signature of Maris like this one, I'll take ten of them.

My favorite of the week:

Hello. Great card! Is there any damage to the back of the card? I only see the scan of the front. Thanks!

Cryptic answer: Please see scans for condition. I do not offer returns.

These are just a few from about 10 or so I've gotten this week. It's driving me crazy.

Last edited by packs; 01-18-2012 at 08:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:37 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I thought that I was the only one who got answers from sellers like that. Sometimes I feel like the moderator at an election debate where the question is asked but theres no answer given but a bunch of rambling go's on instead.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:50 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

[QUOTE=packs;957650]Cryptic answer: Please see scans for condition. I do not offer returns. QUOTE]

That's a death sentence!

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 01-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Zach

I can't stand condesending sellers that talk to people like they are pieces of shit. Whenever I am talked to in that manner I let a person have it and I let them know how I feel, then I tell them I will tell as many people as I can that they are a jerk, just for talking to me in that manner, I simply don't take that crap from anyone. It's a sign of stupidity and ignorance on the seller's part for being grouchy to someone that wants to hand over money. I cannot stand crabby ass sellers that think they are the only dealer out there.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:38 AM
Richard Simon

Ebay attracts every type of seller on the face of the earth.
Professional sellers, amateur sellers and then the other sellers who have no clue about good business practices and think nothing about repeat business or building a business for the long term.
It is the price you pay for buying and selling on ebay.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 01-19-2012, 08:45 AM
Bi11..R0berts

IMO getting answers like those don't suck they tell you exactly what you need to know. Asking a question and getting a feel for who the seller is, is the best weapon you have as a buyer on ebay, (besides the scan of the item). Getting answers like the ones you have received should make it clear as to whose items to bid on and whose to stay away from. Use the answer to your advantage and don't allow your emotional attachment to an item to overrule your "feel" for the seller. It's a rare occasion when something on ebay is one of a kind.
Old 01-19-2012, 01:16 PM

I just don't understand these people. As mentioned, I'm ready and willing to hand over money and just want a simple yes or no as to whether or not they'll stand behind their item. Whenever I get answers like these I can't help but assume the seller knows they're trying to rip people off, or don't want to commit to a refund just in case their "expertise" isn't what they thought it was.

Last edited by packs; 01-19-2012 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Last week I asked a seller a question about how they would ship a piece to make sure it wouldn't get damaged. They told me how they would ship but they couldn't guarantee that it wouldn't get damaged in transit. I saved my bid until the last 30 seconds of the auction to find out they blocked me. My bid was going to be about 3 times what it ended up selling for. Even if I wouldn't have won I sure would have got a higher price for the seller through my bid. Oh well....their loss