NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default PWCC 10 Retraction Rule

What am I missing here? Current top bidder (d***d 1287) has 21 retractions within the last 6 months. I asked them a couple days ago why this is OK in lieu of their recently established rule .. no response to date and he's still active. In fact he has re-upped as the top bidder.

http://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/142...p2047675.l2565

I know this was recently brought up on the board and I'm not trying to pile on, figure out whether it's malicious, "naively inconsiderate", how much they spend, etc. etc. Just simply is there a rule as PWCC has stated or no? If so, again - what am I missing here / why all the exceptions?

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 06-18-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-18-2017, 07:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwolf1963 View Post
What am I missing here? Current top bidder (d***d 1287) has 21 retractions within the last 6 months. I asked them a couple days why this is OK in lieu of their recently established rule .. no response to date and he's still active. In fact he has re-upped as the top bidder.

http://www.ebay.com/bfl/viewbids/142...p2047675.l2565

I know this was recently brought up on the board and I'm not trying to pile on, figure out whether it's malicious, naively inconsiderate, how much they spend, etc. etc. Just simply is there a rule as PWCC has stated or no? If so, again - what am I missing here / why all the exceptions?
It must be this one, or the fact, as was mentioned, it was written on April 1st, or better known as Fools day.

"Jeez...give Betsy a chance to come on here and explain. My guess is that she can tell us these bidders have both won and paid for more than $60,000 worth of auctions and are therefore exempt from the retraction policy"
Old 06-18-2017, 07:19 PM
Peter Spaeth

LOL. That new hire must have the week off.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-18-2017, 08:41 PM

Looking at a card offered by gregmorriscards. Top bidder with 56 retractions last 6 months. Gross.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:25 AM
Scott Duguid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Looking at a card offered by gregmorriscards. Top bidder with 56 retractions last 6 months. Gross.
That is bad but what incentive is there to shill a gregmorriscards auction? As far as I'm aware, he doesn't consign and of the many, many auctions of his I watch, the vast majority seem to go for reasonable prices.......not infrequently lower than one might expect.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:46 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedin26 View Post
That is bad but what incentive is there to shill a gregmorriscards auction? As far as I'm aware, he doesn't consign and of the many, many auctions of his I watch, the vast majority seem to go for reasonable prices.......not infrequently lower than one might expect.
He doesn't consign, but I would hardly say his cards go for great steals. It easier to overlook cards that sell for less than $10 though, so that is why PWCC shilling gets all the eyeballs.
Old 06-19-2017, 05:39 AM
Peter Spaeth

High bidder on psa 10 jordan rc has 25 retractions as of this post.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

High bidder on the more expensive of the sp authentic bradys has 11.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-19-2017 at 06:41 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:46 AM
Dan Bl@u

Might as well add my story to the mix, although it's nothing earth-shattering. During the last prewar auction, there were two cards I planned to bid on, and both had bidders with 10+ retractions. I emailed PWCC while the auctions were pending, and received no response. After the auctions were over, I had the next-highest bid on one of the cards, with the serial-retractor winning. I contacted PWCC again to see if I was the winner under their policy. I received a response back from Betsy (or whoever it was) stating that PWCC would not cancel the bids

"unless it is clear that specific bid manipulation has occurred. In this case, my team confirmed there isn't clear evidence of bid manipulation, so we won't cancel the user ID's bids. "

Just more confirmation that serial-retractors are free to bid and win auctions, so long as PWCC determines that everything's Kosher.

I'm all for having anti-manipulation policies. But having a policy full of unwritten exceptions and caveats is worse than having no policy at all, because the policy creates an expectation on the part of the customer that goes unfulfilled. Better to just leave it to the eBay wild west and buyer beware.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

They need to adopt our BST renege policy. First time and no one is out any money...chalk it up as a mistake. The second time requires a good explanation or they are gone. The third time.....buh bye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post
Might as well add my story to the mix, although it's nothing earth-shattering. During the last prewar auction, there were two cards I planned to bid on, and both had bidders with 10+ retractions. I emailed PWCC while the auctions were pending, and received no response. After the auctions were over, I had the next-highest bid on one of the cards, with the serial-retractor winning. I contacted PWCC again to see if I was the winner under their policy. I received a response back from Betsy (or whoever it was) stating that PWCC would not cancel the bids

"unless it is clear that specific bid manipulation has occurred. In this case, my team confirmed there isn't clear evidence of bid manipulation, so we won't cancel the user ID's bids. "

Just more confirmation that serial-retractors are free to bid and win auctions, so long as PWCC determines that everything's Kosher.

I'm all for having anti-manipulation policies. But having a policy full of unwritten exceptions and caveats is worse than having no policy at all, because the policy creates an expectation on the part of the customer that goes unfulfilled. Better to just leave it to the eBay wild west and buyer beware.
Old 06-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliggity View Post

Is Betsy actually real? Or is she a figment of Brent's imagination designed to shield him from criticism for his fraud -- like his anti-shill bidding policy?
Old 06-19-2017, 07:59 AM
Peter Spaeth

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=238568

"As of April 1, 2017 PWCC places blocks on any user ID that has more than 10 bid cancellations in the past six months. This reflects a reduction in the number of allowed bid cancellations from 25 to 10. As the program continues to mature and continues to affect bidder behavior, PWCC will continue to reduce the threshold."

Guess not.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-19-2017 at 08:02 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
They need to adopt our BST renege policy. First time and no one is out any money...chalk it up as a mistake. The second time requires a good explanation or they are gone. The third time.....buh bye.
I agree that would be much better. Have a firm policy and hold to it, or don't have any policy at all. Having a policy that's not enforced hurts both the customer and the business reputation to a greater extent than having no policy, because the customer has unfulfilled expectations and the business loses credibility.

I try to teach my kid this same basic concept, and I try to impart it to my professional clients as well. There's no point in half-@$$ing something - you either do it, or you don't.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

She is real. I spoke with her on the phone several months ago and expressed some big concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
Is Betsy actually real? Or is she a figment of Brent's imagination designed to shield him from criticism for his fraud -- like his anti-shill bidding policy?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post

"As of April 1, 2017 PWCC places blocks on "ANY" user ID that has more than 10 bid cancellations in the past six months. This reflects a reduction in the number of allowed bid cancellations from 25 to 10. As the program continues to mature and continues to affect bidder behavior, PWCC will continue to reduce the threshold."

Guess not.
They must have forgot to add: "Unless you have bid, won and purchased anything from us in the past"
Old 06-19-2017, 08:10 AM
Dan Bl@u

Quote:

"As of April 1, 2017 PWCC places blocks on any user ID that has more than 10 bid cancellations in the past six months. This reflects a reduction in the number of allowed bid cancellations from 25 to 10. As the program continues to mature and continues to affect bidder behavior, PWCC will continue to reduce the threshold."

Guess not.
I will say that in Betsy's email to me, she did say that the bidder IDs would be blocked, but the bids themselves would not be cancelled absent evidence of manipulation with regard to that specific bid. So I suppose blocking the bidder from future bids but allowing the instant bids to stand technically comports with the "policy," but I think Betsy et al demonstrated in the last thread that they still won't enforce the black letter of the policy when it comes to high-rollers.

ETA: Upon further reflection, I certainly understand (as per the scenario in the last thread) why the 2nd bidder in line would want to retract a bid if a higher bidder above them has retracted, thus screwing the underbidder. However, that creates a cascade of retractions, and leads to uneven enforcement of the "policy." The much better way to enforce the policy would be to not only block the IDs, but also to cancel any bids placed by those IDs, even if those bids are deemed to be legitimate. That way, serial-retractors simply cannot participate in PWCC auctions, and underbidder bids will be restored to their proper levels. If the underbidder still has concerns about their max having been exposed, PWCC can cancel the bids on their end and allow the underbidder to re-bid (or not), thereby preventing the underbidder from having to retract on his/her own.

Last edited by Bliggity; 06-19-2017 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:13 AM
Robert Williams

All this complaining and bitching about PWCC.....As long as they get higher prices than smaller sellers auctioning the same items, the problem is going to get worse, not better. Mark my words.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:16 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
All this complaining and bitching about PWCC.....As long as they get higher prices than smaller sellers auctioning the same items, the problem is going to get worse, not better. Mark my words.
Yes, you are right. But as one of my favorite quotes goes, "All I have is a voice, to undo the folded lie."

Old 06-19-2017, 08:29 AM
E®© Eńlř

Location: Home of the 11-Time World Champion St. Louis Cardinals

Here's another idea: You could ignore PWCC auctions just like people do for a battlefield auction.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:31 AM
Ed Woelfle

Quote:

Guess not.
I guess the program hasn't matured yet?

.. Seriously, all the "complaining and bitching" (most of it anyway) wouldn't have come about had they not put out their policy and in the name of addressing fraudsters, shill bidding, shenanigans of the sort, etc. I don't see what possible purpose there could be to put out a strict, stated policy only to not uphold it?
Old 06-19-2017, 08:34 AM
Dan Bretta

I knew as soon as Betsy told us that they were instituting a 10 retraction rule that they would regret it. As long as ebay allows it to happen it's going to happen and there are going to be bidders that abuse it. How many auctions do they have running at any one time? There is no way one person can monitor that especially in the sports card hobby where the percentage of slimeballs is extremely high. I would think that there could be some third party software developed to catch bid retractions and automatically send warnings or block bidders, it can't be that difficult to implement. But just like Ebay, PWCC doesn't really want bid retractors blocked from bidding.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:35 AM
Peter Spaeth

How hard is it to monitor your (you fill in the blank) most expensive auctions? Especially with an (alleged) full time hire who is (allegedly) monitoring auctions for fraud? The ones I posted today were in their top five auctions and took less than a minute to find.

Yes, ebay is at fault, but so is PWCC.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-19-2017 at 08:36 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
She is real. I spoke with her on the phone several months ago and expressed some big concerns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I knew as soon as Betsy told us that they were instituting a 10 retraction rule that they would regret it. As long as ebay allows it to happen it's going to happen and there are going to be bidders that abuse it. How many auctions do they have running at any one time? There is no way one person can monitor that especially in the sports card hobby where the percentage of slimeballs is extremely high. I would think that there could be some third party software developed to catch bid retractions and automatically send warnings or block bidders, it can't be that difficult to implement. But just like Ebay, PWCC doesn't really want bid retractors blocked from bidding.
And all along I thought "Betsy" was a bat purchased to knock all those slime balls out of the park while barefoot.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
How hard is it to monitor your (you fill in the blank) most expensive auctions? Especially with an (alleged) full time hire who is (allegedly) monitoring auctions for fraud? The ones I posted today were in their top five auctions and took less than a minute to find.

Yes, ebay is at fault, but so is PWCC.
PWCC doesn't really care. Stuff trumps all, they know that. They are helped more than they are harmed by bid retractors. There have been Net54 posters in these threads who criticize and still admit they are consigning to them. Some of the loudest Mastro/Legendary critics were still bidding in their auctions all the way to the end even though they knew fraud was happening.

Change will come from the buyers saying no, but that ain't ever happening.
Old 06-19-2017, 09:59 AM
Peter Spaeth

Dan, you likely are right, but that makes it all the more offensive to come on here and make a pious high-profile display of allegedly trying to stop fraud.

And Frank, this is a serious thread son. Get thee back to the watercooler.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-19-2017 at 10:01 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 10:55 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Dan, you likely are right, but that makes it all the more offensive to come on here and make a pious high-profile display of allegedly trying to stop fraud.

And Frank, this is a serious thread son. Get thee back to the watercooler.
Mastro did the same thing. And the only thing that will stop PWCC is an arrest. Which could happen.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:14 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I guess the program hasn't matured yet?

.. Seriously, all the "complaining and bitching" (most of it anyway) wouldn't have come about had they not put out their policy and in the name of addressing fraudsters, shill bidding, shenanigans of the sort, etc. I don't see what possible purpose there could be to put out a strict, stated policy only to not uphold it?
It is to fool people, like myself, with limited experience and knowledge, to make us think they are a well established, honest, transparent and trustworthy company/business.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 99984_20130823_234028_images_(1).jpg (12.7 KB, 543 views)
Old 06-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Mastro did the same thing. And the only thing that will stop PWCC is an arrest. Which could happen.
It won't happen from bid retractions. It is A-Okay to retract as many bids as your heart desires on ebay.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
It is to fool people, like myself, with limited experience and knowledge, to make us think they are a well established, honest, transparent and trustworthy company/business.
I think they totally believed they were going to uphold this rule until they found out most of their big spenders were doing it.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:27 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
It won't happen from bid retractions. It is A-Okay to retract as many bids as your heart desires on ebay.
Who said it has anything to do with bid retractions? Last I checked retracting bids is not listed in the U.S. Code.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:32 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
That's an awfully bold statement for the only transparent large scale AH in our business. If the crime is having retracted bids in your actions, you might as well back up the paddy wagon to all the AH's.

Fact is, all AH's are whores, advertising their goods to the world. Asking any AH to block a seller is like asking a lawyer not to send a bill; ain't gonna happen.
Old 06-19-2017, 02:34 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Who said it has anything to do with bid retractions? Last I checked retracting bids is not listed in the U.S. Code.
Been talking to Cortney?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:09 PM
Phillip Abbott
Banned

Quote:
And you are going to represent him right?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:32 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default It's still fraud if done knowingly

wrongful or criminal deception intended to result in financial or personal gain.
Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Been talking to Cortney?
Nope. Been handing out two scoops of ice cream!
Old 06-19-2017, 04:47 PM

Quote:
What am I missing here? Current top bidder (d***d 1287) has 21 retractions within the last 6 months. I asked them a couple days ago why this is OK in lieu of their recently established rule .. no response to date and he's still active / why all the exceptions?
Everybody gets a Do~Ovar... oR Ovar~Do, DependiN oN How ya wanna/gunna Look at THeM ~
From the Date/Time PWCC Started their 10 Bid Retraction Rule!?!?

His "21 Bid Retracts" are/is His Base Line Number...
Ahhh Maybe... oR NoT!?!?!

Anythin's Possible Aye?
Old 06-19-2017, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beastmode View Post
"you might as well back up the paddy wagon"
Are we now assuming THaT ALL of These Retractions are CumiN from the Irish?
Old 06-20-2017, 03:36 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default PWCC Reply

Update and to be fair, I received a message back from PWCC today ..

"Thank you for reaching out. You are correct, this user ID is in violation of our bid retraction policy. We have placed a block on this user ID and have retracted their bid on this listing."
Old 06-20-2017, 03:41 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Good to hear. Now the lot has a winning bidder with only 5 bid retraction.
We're good.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Peter Spaeth

In the meantime, no action on this 25 retraction bidder, on an infinitely more expensive card.

Old 06-20-2017, 04:29 PM
Jeremy W.

Quote:
In the meantime, no action on this 25 retraction bidder, on an infinitely more expensive card.

I took a look at that auction & saw that there was a bid retraction. I then looked at that bidder's (the retractor) history & he/she has over 200 retractions.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:42 PM
D@vid Fel@

Weren't they also going to put an end to the nonsense of string bidding?
Old 06-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

If one has more retractions than bids, a surrogate bidder would be required that would allow you to retract his bid, protecting the surrogates ability to bid within the PWCC policy even if it is enforced.

I'm going to give this a little more thought, but my future may rest in a bid retraction enterprise which could be retained by eBay, PWCC and consignors everywhere.

I'll need a slogan though.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:55 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by felada View Post
Weren't they also going to put an end to the nonsense of string bidding?
I don't think they said they would do that, hell, it would take away a big percentage of their bids at least on high ticket items. Here's a good one found instantly, same bidder has bid 26 times on the same item.

Only 17 on this one.

Seems an odd way, to me, to go about trying to win an item for the lowest price, but what do I know.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-20-2017 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-20-2017, 05:08 PM
D@vid Fel@

See below
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Huigens View Post
My name is Betsy Huigens; Brent and I own PWCC Auctions. Our company has always considered the integrity of our auctions to be our number one priority. We take a proactive approach towards monitoring bidders and taken action when appropriate. The purpose of this post is to announce the next phase of policing. I’ve historically monitored and managed our comments on the message boards (like this one), so I know how important auction integrity is to the collecting community. It gives me great personal satisfaction to take the next step in ensuring our venue is the most trusted and honest marketplace in the world.

As members of the eBay selling community, we don’t operate in a vacuum. The same independence of software that offers transparency and protects maximum bids also somewhat constrains our ability to make quick, sweeping change. Having said that, our relationship with eBay has allowed us to convey the importance of auction integrity to the right people and we are excited by the action eBay has taken. Specifically, starting with our last auction (Premier Auction #7) eBay began a “pilot” project with PWCC specifically enabling us to take action when we notice concerning behavior.

In close partnership with eBay, we are formally announcing the following policy which we will employ to monitor bidding, effective immediately. Considering our policy, we reserve the right to contact users whose behavior falls outside this policy, and in some cases, with the support of eBay we will restrict bidding privileges and eBay may even issue suspensions on specific user IDs from the eBay marketplace.

Bid Retractions:
  • The overwhelming majority of bid retractions are in violation of eBay’s stated policy. With few exceptions, all bid retractions on a PWCC auction are reported to eBay and result in an eBay-issued warning. A second retraction will result in that user ID being blocked from further participation in PWCC auctions and eBay suspending biding privileges for a period of time across the eBay platform. A third retraction will result in permanent suspension from eBay. Please spread the word.
  • eBay wide, any user ID that has a high number of bid retractions on the eBay platform will be blocked from participating in PWCC auctions. We believe that the majority of users who abuse the bid retraction tool will cease this behavior. We have to establish a starting point, so to start any user ID we identify that has greater than 25 bid retractions over the last six months will be blocked from participating in PWCC auctions. Any user ID we identify with between 10 and 25 retractions will be notified of our policy and warned. In time, we plan to reduce the allowed number of retractions to 10, and perhaps as low as 5. Note: a user’s bid retraction count is not a statistic we can automatically filter; we appreciate the help of the collecting community in identifying user IDs which show quantities beyond our defined limits.

String Bidding:
  • String Bidding is a new term we’ve coined to define a series of sequential bids at the eBay minimum bid increment. This practice can be perceived as bid manipulation because it increases the odds of a bidder exposing the maximum bid of another bidder without becoming the high bidder him or herself. Any instances of string bidding will be flagged and bidders warned and logged. Subsequent infractions may result in that user ID being blocked.

Unpaid Items:
  • As has been the policy for several years, any unpaid item on a PWCC auction results in a permanent block of that user ID from participating in PWCC auctions.
  • Additionally, any user ID which has two or more unpaid items strikes across the eBay platform are filtered and restricted from bidding with PWCC.

The time has come for us to respect this hobby as a commodities marketplace. Since implementing this policy last month we have already placed blocks on over 50 user IDs. It is our belief that the majority bidders whose behavior falls outside our policy are otherwise reliable and considerate members of the trading card marketplace. As such, it is our strong belief that in due time, problematic behavior will become a thing of the past. We encourage other eBay sellers to take a similar stance and aid us in supporting the integrity of the eBay platform.

Again, the integrity of our auctions is our number one priority. We ask that the collecting community on this board and others assist PWCC in identifying concerning bid behavior on any of our auctions. Please notify PWCC of any suspicious behavior by sending an email to bidmonitoring@pwccauctions.com. I can be reached at betsy@pwccauctions.com if you have any questions, comments, or suggestions. We thank everyone for their commitment to the hobby.

Thank you for your kind assistance in this process.

Betsy Huigens
PWCC Auctions, LLC
betsy@pwccauctions.com
Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
If one has more retractions than bids, a surrogate bidder would be required that would allow you to retract his bid, protecting the surrogates ability to bid within the PWCC policy even if it is enforced.

I'm going to give this a little more thought, but my future may rest in a bid retraction enterprise which could be retained by eBay, PWCC and consignors everywhere.

I'll need a slogan though.
How about...
"Bid to da Lid wit ALIBLIE"

Your can Call Your New Company "ALIBLIE"

Although... Wit Your Honest Reputation,
I Sincerely Doubt THaT You'll MaKe Any Ca$H at All!

My Apologies Frank!
I Nevar Really Like ta Turn Good Things Bad ~
Howevar, THiS iS fir Your Own Good
Old 06-21-2017, 11:10 AM
Eric Perry

I realize this is dreaming the impossible dream; however, wish eBay would simply do away with bid retractions...period.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 06-21-2017, 11:43 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I realize this is dreaming the impossible dream; however, wish eBay would simply do away with bid retractions...period.
I don't have a problem with bid retractions if they are used properly. I have had to do it once in 20 years I have been on eBay. I was in a hurry and fat fingered a # and hit the bid and confirm buttons before I noticed my mistake. Then I canceled my bid and bid what I originally intended.

My opinion is they need to chance how they are used. They should only be allowed if you place another bid on the item that is higher than the high bid is at that time.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:38 PM
Banned

eBay should charge the bidder for each retraction. Have the amount increase each time. Place a limit on how many retractions you can have and then you are banned.

All sorts of things they can do, but will not.

On that subject, I think if someone places a safety bid, it should automatically go to the next increment. If you want to bid higher than your initial amount, you should have to pay. It can be intimidating for some people to bid, knowing that someone who has the next three bids in a row could have bid a very high amount. It can limit the bidding, and the seller loses money.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:47 PM
Ben North

Holy bid retractions Batman, this is the second worst I have ever seen. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792
Old 06-21-2017, 02:17 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Holy bid retractions Batman, this is the second worst I have ever seen. http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792
Bwahahahaha. Yeah, ebay is likely to help with this issue. LOLOL.