NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-29-2010, 09:40 AM

Default Minor league cards

Does anyone know where I can find 1949-60 BB minor league cards? Thanks
Old 12-29-2010, 09:48 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry frazier View Post
I don't have an answer to your question, but is this the Larry Frazier from (or around) Houston, TX?

Either way, welcome to the boards.
Old 12-29-2010, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default obvious places

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry frazier View Post
First of all welcome to Net54baseball, Larry. For future reference we do have a post-war (WWII) side of the board and that is where this question really should have gone. But all is good on this one. Newbies get quite a bit of leniency. We are just glad to have more collectors collecting with us!! I am sure you have thought of the obvious places, Ebay, public auctions, our own BST forums and Grand Slam Bids (lots more cards to be added soon), see link above. Other than those I can only think of shows, which seem to be fewer and fewer. Good luck in the quest and once again, welcome aboard!!
Old 12-29-2010, 10:55 AM
John Hanssen

Welcome

Always amazed at what I see here, you just never know what you will find. I bought a 62 Omaha Dogers AAA baseball near set here thanks to another member BST a couple of months ago. I looked for it locally for years with no luck.

Good hunting on your wish list! - John
Old 12-29-2010, 12:04 PM
Dan Bretta

Okay, I guess it wasn't SPAM. I got an email from Larry asking this exact question, but it wasn't signed, there was no introduction, howdy, hello or how do you do..I just thought it was an email fisher.

Your best bet besides ebay is to post your wantlist on the B/S/T side of this board Larry.
Old 12-29-2010, 02:12 PM

Sorry, I did screw up. I am an unemployed school teacher; you would think I would be smarter!
Thanks for your help; I am glad to be a prt of this forum
Old 12-29-2010, 02:57 PM
j'a'y mi.ll.e.r

There is a set of 1950 Montreal Royals exhibits that has the first cards of LaSorda and Alston
Old 12-29-2010, 05:09 PM
Frank Wakefield

There are some cards that cover the PCL that fit your timeframe. Remars... Smith's Clothing. Signal Oil. And those popcorn cards, can't recall their name at the moment. Then there are team specific cards or photos, one for the Omaha Cardinals comes to mind. Look in the back section in the minor league section in that great publication, The Standard Catalog.
Old 12-29-2010, 05:15 PM
Dan Bretta

There is a nice Parkhust/Frostade set from 1952 that has Toronto, Ottawa, and Montreal players in it. I've been collecting up the Ottawa players who also played in Lincoln...it's allowed me to get a few guys that didn't make the majors who have no other cards. This set also has Tommy lasorda in it.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:16 PM
Frank Wakefield

And Mother's Cookies, color cards from the 50's.

Search on eBay for the one's we've mentioned. Get a black light, you'll be less likely to get a good reproduction that way.
Old 12-30-2010, 11:27 AM

Default Minor League Cards

Larry:

Where are you located? I recently set up a display case at a local antique mall and am unloading much of my non-PCL minor league collection. I may be able to assist if I know specificly what cards/sets you are looking for.

my email address is mkbow2@surewest.net.

Good luck in your hunt.

Mark
Old 12-30-2010, 01:07 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealmark View Post
Larry:

Where are you located? I recently set up a display case at a local antique mall and am unloading much of my non-PCL minor league collection.
Mark, you have any more Dick Stuart stuff you want to part with?
Old 12-30-2010, 07:04 PM

Default Dick Stuart

Hi Dan and a very happy New Year to you and your family.

I should probably email you directly re: your question so I will do so tonight. I assume you are interested in only Lincoln material so I will see what is left from the estate I picked up.

Mark

P.S. Isn't is surprising that when we respond to somebody with an interest in something we neer hear back? I am getting rid of a lot of minor league cards and sets and you would think that the person I replied to would at least ask what I have available. This happends more that I would like to admit on N54.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Banned

Quote:
P.S. Isn't is surprising that when we respond to somebody with an interest in something we neer hear back? I am getting rid of a lot of minor league cards and sets and you would think that the person I replied to would at least ask what I have available. This happends more that I would like to admit on N54.
+1
Old 12-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Dan Bretta

Yep, mainly Lincoln, but still interested in knowing what you might have of his. Thanks!
Old 12-30-2010, 08:44 PM

Default Rob D

Rob:

Your +1.

I assume that you agree with me? Disgusting and unfortunate huh?

Mark
Old 12-30-2010, 08:51 PM
David McDonald

Quote:
Guy hasn't logged on to the site since this morning. Maybe he has a life. Let's cut him a little slack.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
Rob:

Your +1.

I assume that you agree with me? Disgusting and unfortunate huh?

Mark
Hi Mark,

I agree with you that folks not replying when contacted about their "Wanted" posts happens more than it should (at least lately, based on my experiences). Not sure I find it disgusting, but it is annoying.
Old 12-30-2010, 09:29 PM

Default Annoying O.K.

Hi Rob:

O.K. I will go with you "annoying" but also frustrating as why do we waste our time with these guys? On the other hand perhaps they are multi national investment billionaires who are just playing with us.

Leon is going to get mad at me for this post. Sorry Leon.

Mark
Old 12-31-2010, 02:53 AM
Mike Ryan

Default Where?

Larry-I picked these up, in Baltimore, at last years "national". West coast cards on the East coast.

-Mike
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pcl 001.jpg (81.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg pcl 002.jpg (81.2 KB, 87 views)
Old 12-31-2010, 08:47 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default common courtesy

I think it is common courtesy to get back to someone if they make an offer or have a question about something. What I find interesting is how folks could think that this is a Net54baseball problem? The s/w isn't the one not responding, I don't think. And I can't believe it ONLY happens on this site. But for those who think it's this site's fault that is ok too. As someone asked last week, do I have insurance because I need to know who to sue, you or them? I don't have insurance for this site but maybe my homeowners will defend me...I am sure I should be sued over this type situation. Or what is even more funny is when folks go to some other site and read their rules and then tell me that I have broken them. That is the best of all. I could write a book, I tell ya'.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:05 AM

Thanks for the info about the blacklight and all the other suggestions