NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 12-07-2010, 01:13 AM

Default Check out these Babe Ruth/Paul Thompson photographs...

Thanks to a couple of fellow board buddies... Jacksons and that Graig guy who draws on stuff, for bringing this to my attention.

The first photo is from the Bill Mastro collection lot #158 and the high bid at this time is $4,750. The second image (sorry for the small scan) is from my collection (both images are 6 1/2 x 8 1/2)

Well, take a look at the both of them and you'll see the exact location of a few bats behind the Bambino that clearly dates my photo to the same day and time of the Mastro photos! HOW COOL IS THAT?!

My eternal thanks go out to both Jacksons & Kreindler (sounds like a law firm)

RuthThompson.jpgRuthThompson2.jpg

And here is the result of Graig bringing the Bambino to life!

BabeBYGraigKreindler.jpg
Old 12-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Bilko Glasier

that is very cool
Old 12-07-2010, 08:34 AM
Mi.ke Masi.nick

I'd love to see video of that swing... it's amazing he hit anything pulling his head out of his swing that much.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:39 AM
Jon Canfield

Maybe this is something I should know, but why is there no number 3 on the back of the Babe?
Old 12-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post
Maybe this is something I should know, but why is there no number 3 on the back of the Babe?
Hi Jon,
Good question. Uniform numbers had not yet begun to be used in baseball. It wasn't until 1929 that the Yankees added numbers to theirs. I'm relying on memory here, but the Cleveland Indians I believe were the first to use uniform numbers. The Yanks were late adopters......
Old 12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Jon Canfield

Makes sense to me. When I think of photos of the Babe, I'm always brought to that memorable shot of Babe's last address at Yankee stadium, with the #3 emblazoned on his back.
Old 12-07-2010, 10:56 AM

Would make for a nice Paul Thompson sequence, wouldn't it, Jimmy?

The first, showing the Mastro photos, finishing with your piece.

The second, showing the Mastro photos, finishing with mine. (a more fitting end than the swing and miss)

The last for comparison - a sequence of Ruth from a 1930 newsroom.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruth_thompson_sequence_1.jpg (41.6 KB, 163 views)
File Type: jpg ruth_thompson_sequence_2.jpg (45.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg ruth_seq_1930.jpg (74.8 KB, 159 views)
Old 12-08-2010, 12:12 PM

Wow, great sequence of photos!
The original photo shown from the Mastro collection is also used on this Babe Ruth tablet that I have.

Greg
http://www.baseballbasement.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ruth tablet.jpg (47.9 KB, 94 views)