NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 PM
Administrator

Default New Poster compliments to the

Posted By: Vernon F.

Guys and Gals, this is my first post although I've been lurking in the shadows for a while. First, let me introduce myself. My name is Vernon Fabre and I am an avid LSU Tiger fan. I've been collecting baseball cards for about 30+ years and started with my son collecting HOF RCs from 1948 to present at baseball card shows held once a month in Baton Rouge. (Sadly, there are no more shows). I got started collecting pre-war from John Maxwell's auctions, mostly T-206s, T 205s, Triple Folders, etc. Since I now have just about all of the HOF RCs from 1948 to present ( just missing the obvious high dollar '51B Mantle, '54 Aaron, and '52 Mathews) , I have become addicted to the prewar cards. My ebay ID is bigpecan, and I have only used it to buy cards. I haven't been able to bring myself to sell any of my cards, but that might change to help feed my hobby.
The purpose of this post is to let you know the extremely valuable resource you are for the inexperienced collector. I only wish I had found this site sooner. I now have a portable 100 X microscope, a blacklight, I don't bid on anything with "private" bids, I research feedback, and have learned to spot suspicious items. Now, best of all, because of a recent thread, I have a list of ebay IDs of collectors I can trust.
Please keep up the good work! There are probably a lot of us inexperienced collectors lurking and improving our knowledge of the hobby as well as improving the quality of our collections because of the information posted in these threads.

BayouBengal

Old 06-24-2005, 07:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan Long

This is great place to be and the amount of information you can get from this place will blow your mind. Whatever you do just don't look at the Hal Lewis collection as it just may force you to stop collecting. He already has everything you want.

Old 06-24-2005, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

Welcome LSU fan...

you have entered the GATOR's den!!!!

Old 06-24-2005, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: RayB

If you want the skinny on pre-war you are in the right place.
Great continuous source of valuable information.
RayBShotz

Old 06-24-2005, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

Bayou Bengal: thank you for volunteering to take a more active part in this forum. I look foward to drawing upon your expertise and experiences and hope that I can share something which you may feel is of value.

Gilbert Maines

Old 06-24-2005, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Welcome aboard.

Old 06-24-2005, 11:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

Welcome Tiger from the Home of the Razorback Hawgs

Old 06-26-2005, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren J. Duet

I too am a die hard LSU Tiger. I'm a collector of oldcardboard and have been since 1976. This is a great site and I'm glad you found it. Enjoy yourself and Geaux Tigers!!!!