NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 12-10-2011, 06:35 PM
Jeff

Default NL MVP: Steriods/PEDs?

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/...enhancing-drug

Braun is challenging the results.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."

Last edited by HRBAKER; 12-10-2011 at 06:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 05:36 AM
Eric Shaeffer

"The Unnatural"
Say it ain't so....
Old 12-16-2011, 12:54 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Default "Brauny"

The title of this post is the nickname used by Brewers TV colorman and former player Bill Schroeder. Hmmmmmmm.........

And he doesn't call the secondbaseman Weeksy.
Old 07-22-2013, 06:00 PM
Jeff

Default Grab Some Bench Braun

Seems rather timely to resurrect this old thread.
He realizes he has made some mistakes.
Yes, cheating is a mistake - not just when you get caught.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 07-22-2013, 06:11 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Best reaction ever to Braun's suspension, Miami Marlins' Logan Morrison:

"You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings."

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 07-22-2013, 06:22 PM
David Riley

Past time for Selig to take a powder also. His "leadership" enabled this particular era. No reason for him to continue.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:22 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Best reaction ever to Braun's suspension, Miami Marlins' Logan Morrison:

"You know we're clean. We haven't scored a run in 37 innings."
I have to admit, Adam, I laughed when i first saw this. It brought a little bit of levity (at least for a moment) to a very troubling subject.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:45 AM
Dan

Did any of you see Michael Weiner's (MLBPA's executive director) statement regarding Ryan Braun?

"I am deeply gratified to see Ryan taking this bold step. It vindicates the rights of all players under the Joint Drug Program. It is good for the game that Ryan will return soon to continue his great work both on and off the field."

Yeah, Ryan Braun is a crusader of righteousness who is "taking a bold step", and not a dishonest cheater taking his punishment to save his career.

Looking for anything Bagwell or Biggio. Also interested in Don Wilson, JR Richard, Jimmy Wynn, Glenn Davis, Mike Scott, Ken Caminiti, Cool Papa, Paige, and DiMaggio. Framed auto's are a plus. Also, any Type 1's of Josh Gibson.

"I had to fight all my life to survive. They were all against me, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."- Ty Cobb
Old 07-24-2013, 01:26 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

im sure he is very sorry..... that he got caught.

And will never get caught again.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 07-27-2013, 05:37 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwaylandscaping View Post
Past time for Selig to take a powder also. His "leadership" enabled this particular era. No reason for him to continue.
Selig is a complete joke. Great, TV revenues and gate receipts are up during his tenure... But interleague has more or less made the All Star game irrelevant and the WS a hell of a lot less interesting, an absolute MLB/ESPN love affair with Boston and NY made any postseason seem boring to the mass audience once either or both were eliminated (sad cuz I remember watching all 7 games of the Royals and Cards from the edge of my seat in the SF Bay Area, but sat in a KC "sport bar" during the 2012 WS, it was on maybe 3 of 50-60 TVs with no audio and I think I was one of about 3 watching), and the steroid scandal which went unchecked for over a decade has ruined the sacred numbers that had in the past connected all prior generations to the present. As a Bay Area fan, I also love how Bud has been telling the A's that he formed a stadium council to review their situation and come back with a recommendation... 4-5 years have gone by and he has offered no substantive ideas to the team or city. It makes most here wonder whether he just lied about the "committee" to begin with. One thing he did accomplish.. He got the Brewers moved to the NL central, I'd think in large part so they wouldn't have to play any more west coast divisional night games. I don't have much issue with that, except that it seemed his prior desire for major league contraction and realignment, and to dissolve the A's, Twins, Royals (many many WS wins between them), in the end seemed like a smokescreen to hide his true intent to better his old team's TV ratings. I apologize since most of this is unsubstantiated, but from my perspective is how it all looked from the outside.

Can't wait to see you gone you weasel.

Last edited by itjclarke; 07-27-2013 at 05:42 AM.
Old 08-22-2013, 11:11 PM
Jeff

Nice move, issue a statement through the team. What happened to the guy that stepped up to the mic loudly proclaiming his innocence. Must have developed stagefright when he got off the stuff. Still trying to massage the truth.

Old 08-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Tom Boblitt

Cleopatra wasn't the only queen of denial.......