NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-10-2019, 09:54 PM
Tim Odeen

Default PWCC Trimmed E90-1 Tris Speaker sold on Ebay 11/10

Did a member win the trimmed E90-1 Tris Speaker on the PWCC auction that ended on Nov 10? I was the under bidder.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 11-11-2019, 11:04 AM
Tim Odeen

Bump

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 11-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Rob

Default Speaker

I did not bid. Sterling sold a PSA 2 in September for $3393. I usually take half of a 2 sale to determine a 1 price and half of that for an Aut. I was expecting this card to sell for 600-700, but trimmed cards can be all over the place in price. 385 plus home state vig is not a bad price imo. Rob
Old 11-11-2019, 11:35 AM
Tim Odeen

I've never ventured into pre-war auctions. I also have never bid on a trimmed card. I didn't know what to expect. I also don't see many copies of this card around and didn't know what to expect on pricing. Just a lack of experience from me.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:24 PM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
I've never ventured into pre-war auctions. I also have never bid on a trimmed card. I didn't know what to expect. I also don't see many copies of this card around and didn't know what to expect on pricing. Just a lack of experience from me.

I watched this auction and think this was a nice get for the buyer. But I wasn’t about to bid on it as it was offered by PWCC, and I’m not going to contribute to their bottom line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-11-2019, 01:00 PM
Martin
Martin L.ee

Scarce pre war is definitely an anomaly. You just got to be willing to set a new record and put your best bid forward. Market value reset or set each time this kind of card is sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post

Old 11-11-2019, 02:18 PM

I was scared off by the flip. The card is definitely trimmed and noticeably so. I was having a hard time figuring out why it wouldn't be holdered authentic.
Old 11-11-2019, 05:35 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I was scared off by the flip. The card is definitely trimmed and noticeably so. I was having a hard time figuring out why it wouldn't be holdered authentic.
I wondered that too. I have seen some TPG say "authentic trimmed" and was wondering why this varied. I probably should have asked.

Old 11-11-2019, 06:29 PM

I have provided a link to the auction below. The Speaker is one of the E90-1 toughies, and to me it seems like the buyer got a decent price on a nice-looking, trimmed example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-E90-1-...p2047675.l2557

Brian (linking the world so you don't have to)
Old 11-11-2019, 07:38 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Because you have to specifically request it to be holdered with a minimum grade of Authentic at PSA. They make the assumption that if it's altered, you don't want it in a holder unless you tell them to directly.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 11-11-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Because you have to specifically request it to be holdered with a minimum grade of Authentic at PSA. They make the assumption that if it's altered, you don't want it in a holder unless you tell them to directly.
Ah, that's right. It's a really nice card. I should have asked about it.
Old 11-14-2019, 05:48 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I agree. That isl a great card for the price, imo.....
LL

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianp-beme View Post
I have provided a link to the auction below. The Speaker is one of the E90-1 toughies, and to me it seems like the buyer got a decent price on a nice-looking, trimmed example.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1909-E90-1-...p2047675.l2557

Brian (linking the world so you don't have to)

Last edited by Leon; 11-14-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-15-2019, 06:58 PM

i believe i would of won the Card if it was for ebay and its New CAPTCHA Troll.
i really wanted to See This Card in my hand... i have a few that "Others" thought were Trimmed ~ i simply love how the Trimming of E90-1's makes No Sense to Cut Them in a Diamond... "WHY i Ask, would You do such a thing?"

Look at Mr. Walsh's Card, Can You See How You Might Think that He was Trimmed!?

PSA Said He Was... Nope, "Big Ed" is Slabbed in an SGC 40/3 Holder!

Check Out Sum of my Other Holiday Trimmings?!?!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E90-1 Walsh_F.jpg (66.8 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 3_Trimmed_E90-1s.jpg (77.6 KB, 206 views)
Old 11-15-2019, 07:04 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishdenny View Post
i believe i would of won the Card if it was for ebay and its New CAPTCHA Troll.
i really wanted to See This Card in my hand...

I was on ebay during the last 5 minutes of this auction and pushed the price up to the ending amount. I had no idea how much to bid, because like I said, I am not experienced much with pre-war cards and their market pricing. I knew that the winner ended up with a great price, and I am jealous! Wish I had it too. Those examples of yours are beautiful.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:06 AM
Richard L.

Card is for sale on eBay for 895 by Toppsaholic
Old 11-16-2019, 12:40 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i don't like the overall color of this speaker...and unlike the walsh it's definitely trimmed at least.

would like to have it in hand but that's a nice price for this card if it's authentic.