NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-27-2014, 10:17 AM
Anthony

Default T201 Ed Walsh Missing in mail?

Hey everyone, just want to get a cple opinions. I won a T201 Ed Walsh SGC 20 on ebay BIN on the 16th (coming from Seattle WA, I am in NJ) paid on the 16th and looks like the person shipped it out on the 17th with a tracking #, as of today the 27th I still have not received the card and the Tracking # info has not updated on the site since the 18th which was 9 days ago. Any advice on what should I do? I have not contacted the seller yet but would I even have a case on it since he did put a tracking # on the package? Thanks, Anthony
2013 Topps Autograph Set: 84/660 12.72% Complete
2014 Topps Heritage W/SP's: 393/500 78.6% Complete

Last edited by 6-4-3memorabilia; 05-27-2014 at 10:22 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:20 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

As long as the tracking # does not show delivered, you have a case on it as long as you file the case before the ebay deadline (which I think is now 30 days after the auction ends).
Old 05-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
As long as the tracking # does not show delivered, you have a case on it as long as you file the case before the ebay deadline (which I think is now 30 days after the auction ends).
Contact the seller first and have him/her track it down. That should always be the first recourse. I had a similar incident myself this year. I called the seller and the next thing I knew the package was moving. As far as a case is concerned, I though it was more like a 45 day period. I could be wrong but I seem to recall seeing 45 days as the limit for filing a problem report.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Bill

Hello,
you can always take the tracking number provided and call the shipping company(USPS, UPS, etc) customer service yourself. If they used USPS, 1-800-275-8777. If they used UPS, 1-800-742-5877. Tell them you are the "receiver" for the package just tracking that it possibly looks lost. They should at least give you a status good or bad. Then go to the seller if there is an issue. Most sellers don't move as fast, and some hardly at all to resolve this question.

Good luck!
Old 05-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Anthony

Thank you, I had this happen once before but it was for like a $2 card that the seller put a Tracking # on it, he just gave me back the $2, never know if the card came back to him.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:48 AM
Dave

Post Office has gotten very slow since the cutbacks. Not in every case, but the anecdotal delays and packages disappearing in the system only to reappear a couple weeks later, are becoming more and more common.

If you contact the seller, I would suggest doing it through the "Contact The Seller" button, and not the "Where Is My Package" button, which automatically opens a case and puts a "defect" on the sellers record, through no fault of his own.. since it looks like he got the package in the Post Office's hands in a timely manner to begin with.

Once that defect is placed on the record, it can not be retracted, even if it shows up as delivered the next day.

If the package doesn't show up eventually, there are plenty of other ways to get recourse for the card, all of which will also put a defect on the sellers record (if that's a concern), even if he just voluntarily sends you a refund, without Ebay getting involved in the process at all.

It used to be, sellers and buyers could cordially handle problems between each other, but unfortunately Ebay is doing their best to make the relationship adversarial between the two groups.
Old 05-27-2014, 10:55 AM
Dave

Also, if you have the tracking# in your transaction record already, I would suggest going to USPS.com and signing up for e-mail notifications for that particular package.

I've repeatedly had customers contact me about packages missing in the system for a couple of weeks, and usually within the same day of me signing up for notifications, the package mysteriously starts moving through the system again.

The conspiracy theorist in me wonders if it's being held back by a pilfer in the system, to see if anybody notices if the package has gone missing, and then releases it along it's way if a notification pops up.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Anthony

Just called USPS, was on hold for about 20 min before someone answered my call. Lady asked for the tracking # which I gave her. She saw the same thing I did about not being updated since the 18th. She took some info from me including my name, address, and phone number, then she put me on hold to fill out a claim form. Was on hold for about 2 min lady came back with a claim # and said someone will look into it and give me a call back between 24 to 48 hrs.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:27 AM
Ben North

I would just give it some more time, chances are it will show up.

My personal experience is the PO has sucked really bad for almost a year now. The strange thing is if I send/receive a card in a PWE or with the free tracking they give you it shows up like clock work. Now if it has a paid tracking # there will be a 2-4 week delay over 90% of the time. Very strange but true.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:44 PM
Val Kehl

Anthony, it is my understanding that, unless there is a specific agreement to the contrary, an eBay seller is responsible for loss/damage until the item is received by the eBay purchaser. Hence, I don't think you need to worry, unless you don't take action within the prescribed time period. If I'm wrong about this, I'm sure someone will set me straight.
Val
Old 05-28-2014, 08:56 AM
Steve Birmingham

I had one like that recently. Shipped with tracking, scanned into the system, scanned out of the area. Two weeks of no updates.

Then right about the time I was going to call someone it shows as scanned into town and out for delivery.

Apparently nobody between the shipping location and here could be bothered to scan it.

Steve B
Old 05-28-2014, 09:45 AM
Anthony

Update, looks like I am good with the card. Tracking finally updated 10 days later and said it is out for delivery today. Funny how when stuff like this happens after you make a few phone calls the thing is right at your door the next day. So when I get home from work today I should have the card sitting in my mail box.
Old 05-28-2014, 09:56 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6-4-3memorabilia View Post
Update, looks like I am good with the card. Tracking finally updated 10 days later and said it is out for delivery today. Funny how when stuff like this happens after you make a few phone calls the thing is right at your door the next day. So when I get home from work today I should have the card sitting in my mail box.

Good news. Unfortunately this is becoming more and more common then it used to be.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:05 AM
Anthony

seems like it, and its not the sellers fault in most cases. though I recently sold a card on ebay to a real winner though who was in Michigan and was asking where his card was 2 days after he paid for it. He opened a case 5 days later and ebay ruled in my favor and kicked him off ebay, name was cabby2014 I believe and he is back on there with a new ebay name. guy was weird saying he was going to call his cousin the cop on me about a $3 card. I hate to message sellers about where the card is esp when they put a tracking # on it. Still will leave the seller 5 stars
Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 AM
Luke Lyon

I'm glad your card isn't lost Anthony. That can be stressful. And its good of you to still leave 5 stars since the dealer did everything correctly.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:14 AM
Al

Default takes while sometimes

well here is a little story that will make you think the next time you ship something. I did a deal with a good board member this year. Item was paid for right away and I shipped it the next day. He is in the military and provided me with an APO address. I told him I had never shipped an item to a military address before and was a little hesitant. but I did. I put tracking on it and told him the item was sent. Sent him the tracking #. He told me it takes 3-4 weeks to get the item and not to worry. Well I checked the tracking # about 10 days in and tracking says it was delivered! Wow I thought thats great. Well 2 weeks later I get an email from our board member asking me if I sent the item ,I said yes and I said I gave you the tracking #. He asked me where I sent it, and I said I sent it to the address you provided me. Well to make a long story short 3 months later he himself had to track the package down in Turkey (I had no idea where it went as that isnt in the address) and have a friend send it to him at the new address he was at now! Still packed as I sent it and to the address he provided me with! My lesson here is I will never ship an item to a military APO FPO address ever again! Item was $300+piece. I will ship the item to a relative in the states and they can forward it to the person in the military.
lesson learned and it wont happen to me again.

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 05-28-2014 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:48 AM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
well here is a little story that will make you think the next time you ship something. I did a deal with a good board member this year. Item was paid for right away and I shipped it the next day. He is in the military and provided me with an APO address. I told him I had never shipped an item to a military address before and was a little hesitant. but I did. I put tracking on it and told him the item was sent. Sent him the tracking #. He told me it takes 3-4 weeks to get the item and not to worry. Well I checked the tracking # about 10 days in and tracking says it was delivered! Wow I thought thats great. Well 2 weeks later I get an email from our board member asking me if I sent the item ,I said yes and I said I gave you the tracking #. He asked me where I sent it, and I said I sent it to the address you provided me. Well to make a long story short 3 months later he himself had to track the package down in Turkey (I had no idea where it went as that isnt in the address) and have a friend send it to him at the new address he was at now! Still packed as I sent it and to the address he provided me with! My lesson here is I will never ship an item to a military APO FPO address ever again! Item was $300+piece. I will ship the item to a relative in the states and they can forward it to the person in the military.
lesson learned and it wont happen to me again.
I shipped a card to one of these base addresses once. Took a while for him to get the card (was like a $25 card) I too was a little hesitant about sending it there. Plus these guys are shipped all around. Sometimes in 3 weeks they can be stationed someplace else.
Old 05-28-2014, 10:55 AM
Dave

Luckily I've never had any problems shipping to an APO address. I actually think it's kind of cool it can go anywhere in the world and you only get charged the domestic rate to ship it out.

I did get asked to ship to a prison a few weeks ago. Curious to see how that turns out.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:02 AM
Anthony

just happy the card is coming today. My 1st T201 and my 1st item of anything from Big Ed Walsh
Old 05-28-2014, 11:16 AM
Al

Quote:
I shipped a card to one of these base addresses once. Took a while for him to get the card (was like a $25 card) I too was a little hesitant about sending it there. Plus these guys are shipped all around. Sometimes in 3 weeks they can be stationed someplace else.
Probably thats what happened Tony as he went somewhere else. But I guess now with homeland security he might not have been able to tell me that. Like I said I will ship it to a relative and then they can assume the responsibility of getting it to them!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 05-28-2014, 11:27 AM
Tim Sanders

Default Congrats on your first T201

Anthony-

Congrats on the card, a rather fun set. I see you are in Northern NJ as well (I am in the far NW part of the state).

You will more than likely be afflicted by the Kearny sort facility here is a thread from a little while back on it. Enjoy the card & hobby and unfortunately you may need to learn a little extra patience as a Northern NJ postal patron.
Old 05-28-2014, 11:47 AM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2069bk View Post
Anthony-

Congrats on the card, a rather fun set. I see you are in Northern NJ as well (I am in the far NW part of the state).

You will more than likely be afflicted by the Kearny sort facility here is a thread from a little while back on it. Enjoy the card & hobby and unfortunately you may need to learn a little extra patience as a Northern NJ postal patron.
does seem that Kearny slows everything down. I notice sometimes I will win a card from Kentucky and it will get to Kearny in 2 days, then sit there for 3 more before I get it in the mail
Old 05-29-2014, 07:35 AM
Anthony

heres the card, looks pretty good for an SGC 20 grade
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0528141859_0001.jpg (59.4 KB, 132 views)
Old 05-29-2014, 08:42 AM

My poor hometown of Kearny. Best Fish & Chips anywhere. Best bakery too, but all anyone wants to talk about is the sort facility. Technically it's on the outskirts of the town
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 05-29-2014, 09:03 AM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by z28jd View Post
My poor hometown of Kearny. Best Fish & Chips anywhere. Best bakery too, but all anyone wants to talk about is the sort facility. Technically it's on the outskirts of the town
my eyes always roll when I see my card in Kearny before getting to Garfield
Old 05-29-2014, 12:20 PM

Fine. Next time I go there, I'll tell everyone on the board that I'm going and if their cards are hung up in Kearny, I'll pay the facility a little visit...and by that I mean, when I drive by it, I'll shake my fist out the window
Check out my two newest books. One covers the life and baseball career of Dots Miller, who was mentored by Honus Wagner as a rookie for the 1909 Pirates, then became a mentor for a young Rogers Hornsby. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CV633PNT The other has 13 short stories of players who were with the Pittsburgh Pirates during the regular season, but never played in a game for the team https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CY574YNS
Old 05-29-2014, 12:31 PM
Anthony

Quote:
Fine. Next time I go there, I'll tell everyone on the board that I'm going and if their cards are hung up in Kearny, I'll pay the facility a little visit...and by that I mean, when I drive by it, I'll shake my fist out the window
that outta teach them a lesson they wont soon forget.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:29 PM
Mike C@.v3

Anthony, great pickup!

I am currently collecting the T201 set and in a lot of cases the lower graded 201's can get pretty mangled because of the thin card stock, but from the looks of it, you got a nice example for the grade...congrats!

Are you going for the set?
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 05-29-2014, 02:41 PM
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
Anthony, great pickup!

I am currently collecting the T201 set and in a lot of cases the lower graded 201's can get pretty mangled because of the thin card stock, but from the looks of it, you got a nice example for the grade...congrats!

Are you going for the set?
maybe in the future, its a doable set to complete. Right now I am working on 1965 Topps as my main focus. Maybe one day I will consider the T201 set. Usually with pre war stuff I just pick stuff up that is cheap enough or things I like
Old 05-29-2014, 02:51 PM
Mike

Quote:
maybe in the future, its a doable set to complete. Right now I am working on 1965 Topps as my main focus. Maybe one day I will consider the T201 set. Usually with pre war stuff I just pick stuff up that is cheap enough or things I like
That's the way that I started. I was buying the occasional Pre-War in between lots of 50's/60's. It went on like that for about a year until I realized that was buying lots of 50's/60's in between Pre-War stuff. I BST-ed the whole Topps/Bowman collection and haven't looked back.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:15 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Be careful. Any town named after one of the bullies on the Simpsons is probably a bit rough.

Steve B
Old 05-29-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Be careful. Any town named after one of the bullies on the Simpsons is probably a bit rough.

Steve B
It's actually named after a one-armed civil war general! That's tough!

I do always appreciate Simpsons humor though.
Old 05-30-2014, 07:37 AM
Anthony

Quote:
It's actually named after a one-armed civil war general! That's tough!

I do always appreciate Simpsons humor though.
my town (Garfield) named after one of the shortest presidents we ever had. I didn't look up how long he served but if I remember right it was like 6 months
Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by T2069bk View Post
Enjoy the card & hobby and unfortunately you may need to learn a little extra patience as a Northern NJ postal patron.
Our PO (Carlstadt) was burned out a few weeks ago, now our mail goes through East Rutherford, and our service has actually improved.