NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 1960-1979 Baseball Cards B/S/T

Old 06-24-2023, 09:39 PM
Jim Caravello

Well - this one is back on the market…….

Buyer was not comfortable with sending me a PPFF payment or Venmo…..

LOL - he actually wanted me to send the card to him first and then he would pay me that way when he received??

I have an impeccable reputation in this hobby….

Before he would remotely agree to pay ( he would send via goods and services but my listing clearly states net and I wasn’t paying fees ) I sent / provided:

* provided three references out here on Net54 to sales I have made including a $2000 item - an $800 item and a local Net54 buyer who I have done a couple deals with ( several hundred dollars and around $1,000 in total )and met personally…also have numerous other sales out here…
* sent links to my history as a game used bat expert on Game Used Universe
* my 100% perfect feedback on eBay with 2,444 transactions
* link to auction item I consigned with Robert Edwards with my COA and in which the auction company cited my background and expertise….one of many items I consigned with REA over the years WITH MY COA in the lot description and pictures - a Jim Caravello COA…..I answer game used bat and jersey questions daily / weekly via email and write COAs regularly….
* My Company’s business website and my personal profile where I have 2 professional business licenses that require ethics classes each year as part of my continuing education
* Indicated I was more than happy to jump on a phone call as well to get him comfortable with the $625 deal…

Just want to set the record straight why this card is still available…..

My guess is the guy had a buyer who backed out….so tiring….yeah, I’m calling you out….so tiring…

I would have had more respect for the person if they just said “I changed my mind”…..but don’t lie to me that you are not comfortable sending funds via PPFF with the info I provided…

HE DIDN’T EVEN WANT TO CONTACT MY REFERENCES OUT HERE

TTT

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-24-2023 at 10:53 PM.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:57 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyC View Post

LOL - he actually wanted me to send the card to him first and then he would pay me that way when he received??

I have an impeccable reputation in this hobby….

Before he would remotely agree to pay ( he would send via goods and services but my listing clearly states net and I wasn’t paying fees ) I sent / provided:

* provided three references out here on Net54 to sales I have made including a $2000 item - an $800 item and a local Net54 buyer who I have done a couple deals with ( several hundred dollars and around $1,000 in total )and met personally…also have numerous other sales out here…
* sent links to my history as a game used bat expert on Game Used Universe
* my 100% perfect feedback on eBay with 2,444 transactions
* link to auction item I consigned with Robert Edwards with my COA and in which the auction company cited my background and expertise….one of many items I consigned with REA over the years WITH MY COA in the lot description and pictures - a Jim Caravello COA…..I answer game used bat and jersey questions daily / weekly via email and write COAs regularly….
* My Company’s business website and my personal profile where I have 2 professional business licenses that require ethics classes each year as part of my continuing education
* Indicated I was more than happy to jump on a phone call as well to get him comfortable with the $625 deal…

Just want to set the record straight why this card is still available…..

My guess is the guy had a buyer who backed out….so tiring….yeah, I’m calling you out….so tiring…

I would have had more respect for the person if they just said “I changed my mind”…..but don’t lie to me that you are not comfortable sending funds via PPFF with the info I provided…

TTT
I just want to say, I know Jim from some of the Mets collectors Facebook groups and the old Game Used Universe forums and have traded, bought and sold to him and everything always went smooth.

I've also bought from Howard and was equally as happy.

Both are stand-up guys. I hate to see this happen.

Last edited by Jim65; 06-25-2023 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:29 AM
R@ndy Hart.soe

I would have just eaten the $21 PPGS fee and called it a day. Things happen. Sounds like that would have sealed the deal. FF can be tricky. What if you actually ship the card but it gets lost? Buyer has no way to get their money back unless the seller just eats the loss and refunds which is unlikely. GS provides buyer protection. Perhaps he would have eaten the $21 fee for the assurance. It likely had nothing to do with him trusting you as a seller. Just the FF risk overall.
Old 06-25-2023, 06:52 AM
Jim Caravello

Thanks for the comments Jim - great to hear from you….

I ship anything of this value fully insured…….period….and there are other avenues to pay me net - Venmo, check, etx…

The bottom line is he changed his mind and excuses were popping up everywhere…

I really hate to make a post like I did, but whenever an item is relisted because it is still available, there is always a stigma attached to the seller or the item…..

I see he is a dealer and has been out here a long time….and I needed to set the record straight as to why this card is still available or that stigma would linger out here….there is no issue with the Seller or the Card…..it was a buyer issue…..

He made a post committing to buy the item on this thread…..buy doing so, you agree to seller terms which was a net sale to me at $625 - via PPFF or Venmo - period…if you had questions about my track record, message me before you commit and let’s get that squared away…or offer up to use PayPal good and services and eat the fees on my end for that - he never offered that up…

When I contacted him he questioned how long I have been out here and wanted references…he had the gall to agree to buy if I sent to him first based on his “track record”……and he would pay me upon receipt…..

I provided everything you see above - and he was unwilling to contact the people I have sold to out here….

Hell - I didn’t even mention I have had numerous auctions out here for cards and I always send an additional card of a HOFer to the winner of my auctions…..at no cost….just an added touch to give back to my winners….

My parents taught me two important things growing up:

(1) always take accountability for everything you say / do - and commit to
(2) never lie

I don’t treat people this way - and I expect similar treatment back in any business dealing / hobby transaction / etc….

Last edited by JimmyC; 06-25-2023 at 08:54 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 10:12 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Weird scenario. Never imagined I would have someone mail me a card first and then I would pay. There is a lot of fraud on here apparently but that's not how things ordinarily work.

Quote:
Thanks for the comments Jim - great to hear from you….

I ship anything of this value fully insured…….period….and there are other avenues to pay me net - Venmo, check, etx…

The bottom line is he changed his mind and excuses were popping up everywhere…

I really hate to make a post like I did, but whenever an item is relisted because it is still available, there is always a stigma attached to the seller or the item…..

I see he is a dealer and has been out here a long time….and I needed to set the record straight as to why this card is still available or that stigma would linger out here….there is no issue with the Seller or the Card…..it was a buyer issue…..

He made a post committing to buy the item on this thread…..buy doing so, you agree to seller terms which was a net sale to me at $625 - via PPFF or Venmo - period…if you had questions about my track record, message me before you commit and let’s get that squared away…or offer up to use PayPal good and services and eat the fees on my end for that - he never offered that up…

When I contacted him he questioned how long I have been out here and wanted references…he had the gall to agree to buy if I sent to him first based on his “track record”……and he would pay me upon receipt…..

I provided everything you see above - and he was unwilling to contact the people I have sold to out here….

Hell - I didn’t even mention I have had numerous auctions out here for cards and I always send an additional card of a HOFer to the winner of my auctions…..at no cost….just an added touch to give back to my winners….

My parents taught me two important things growing up:

(1) always take accountability for everything you say / do - and commit to
(2) never lie

I don’t treat people this way - and I expect similar treatment back in any business dealing / hobby transaction / etc….

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-25-2023 at 10:13 AM.
Old 06-25-2023, 04:14 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Quote:

TTT[/B]
I should have tried that routine during my single days. Imagine telling a woman, lets kiss/make out first and then I will let you know whether I want to take you out to dinner. LOL