NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-20-2015, 02:54 PM
je.sse @rnot

Default t206 question

I don't really collect t206s, but there are a couple I want to add to my collection. I have seen PSA graded cards labeled just Sweet Caporal, or something like Sweet Caporal 150/30. I looked up the population report and can see the latter has a much lower population. Does this change the value of the card at all? Did PSA just recently start making the distinction between those variations?

My apologies if this has been discussed in a previous thread.
Old 06-20-2015, 03:09 PM
Sean Costello

PSA just started designating factory numbers. I really don't think they change the value of the card, except for Piedmont factory 42.

The Sweet Caporals aren't rare enough with any factory number, unless you are doing some type of back run and need a specific factory.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:18 PM
je.sse @rnot

Thanks for the info. I'm not really looking to collect any rare backs, just pick up a couple of HOFers. I wasn't sure if the card I was looking at commanded a premium or not.
Old 06-20-2015, 05:58 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

SCap 150's are popular, with factory 25's, pretty tough....
Old 06-21-2015, 05:00 AM

Default Jesse....

be careful....once you get one, you'll want more!! lol....they are very addicting....

this is probably one of the most collected sets/cards of all time....

collecting hofers, rare backs, and rarities like printers scraps, tough short prints, and hard combination of fronts and backs have been a solid choice....cards keep appreciating...

hofers are a very safe bet...

like sean said, psa just started to put the factory designations on the flip to differentiate the factory issues....

sweet cap and piedmont are the most common....factory piedmont 42's are very scarce....

believe it or not, some front / back combos are pretty tough on some of the more common backs like old mill, where only a handful of examples have been seen...

use the website t206resource.....it will give you a ton of info..

btw...email me anytime with any t206 question if I can help

peace

johnny

Last edited by mrvster; 06-21-2015 at 05:01 AM.
Old 06-21-2015, 10:32 AM
je.sse @rnot

Thanks again guys. Johnny I just might take you up on that. I'm sure the t206 is the most popular and collected set of all time, as least from what I've seen on this board. It even has its own section in the b/s/t. I'm sure the possibilities are endless when deciding what to collect in this set.

I only have 6 t206s in my collection and the best card I have is probably a chief bender I pulled out of a box of Leaf best of baseball a while back. I do plan to add more in the future.

I think it would be pretty cool to have one of each of Ty Cobb's cards in this set, and will probably start there. But I've been known to shift focus when something else interesting come along.
Old 06-21-2015, 11:36 AM

Default Jesse....

sounds great!

I get a lot of calls/ emails on T206 advice.....AND I LOVE IT! it's part of the fun for me!

I'm addicted to the T206 printer's scraps which are very rare/ cool / unique cards....they are a little "hard core" for the advanced/obsessed T206 collector...

I have been collecting them(scraps) for almost 20 years now, and so glad I did....
the rare backs are very cool also, but you can have fun finding $30.00 cards on ebay , when they can be worth literally thousands!( scraps, rare backs, miscuts, brown old mill, brown lenox).....some cards fly under the radar and are not detected by every other e bayer, and you can sometimes win a card for a song! my friend won a brown old mill 2 years ago undected on ebay for $50.00! they are $15,000 + cards

anyway, you don't have to go nuts looking for them, some times you can pick up common backs that have tough front combo's(old mill's, epdg's) , or hofers are a blue chip bet....

the collecting agles are infinite on T206.....plus, there is so much room for growth over the years on these cards as modern collectors, I predict, will re vert to the vintage aspect at some point in their collecting careers....where T206 is just a logical/natural/ safe choice in many cases
Old 06-21-2015, 11:39 AM

Default these are my passion...

jesse...ENJOY!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg meyers.jpg (51.3 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg myers back.jpg (47.3 KB, 102 views)