NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-23-2007, 07:04 AM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Dave

I have acquired a collection of old baseball cards I have put into toploaders.
Are there any oversize sport card book sleeves that would accomodate the toploader ?
I want to put all cards together in something so they won't get bent and can put them away in one place. How do you guys display/store yours ?
I have a fireproof safe I want to put them in when I'm away from home traveling and wondering what I could do.
Thanks.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Rob

Hi Dave,
One idea is you can put the toploaders in whats called a "shoebox" that will hold like a couple hundred toploaders or so. If there is a card shop in your area, they'll have them. Otherwise, try online.

Rob

Old 12-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: fkw

I keep the bulk of my cards in a large fireproof Gun Safe (for rifles, 5' tall and weighs a ton ). I recently moved most of my cards from the cardboard boxes I used to have to some small stackable see-through Tupperware like storage boxes (Walmart). I dont have to write on them whats in them because you can see everything inside, plus these are semiwaterproof too.

Where I live in Puna district on Big Island... even wetter than the wettest city (Hilo) in US, Im more worried about the 5-10 inches of rain a week, than a fire . We get about 250 inches a year on average.

Old 12-23-2007, 02:34 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: barrysloate

250 inches of rain a year!!!

Old 12-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Paul S

No kidding, wow! Hope you're tossing a handful of silicon packets in each container.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:32 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

And maybe some silica gel packages, too...

Old 12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Yes 250" of rain.... But its sunny every day too. When it rains it is heavy but lasts only a few minutes at a time. If you walk 100 feet in it it looks like you fell in a swimming pool

And we get snow too!

There is snow on both mountains behind my house right now. (just uploaded a couple pics, so added them here)

Mauna Loa "long mountain", Largest Mountain in the World, 10,200 cubic miles of mass!! (think about it)
From where this pic was taken (Kau Desert) to summit is another 10,000 feet more. To show how huge this mountain is, snow covers the top 5,000 feet of mountain in this pic.

Mauna Kea "white mountain", Tallest Mountain in the World, 31,000 feet base (under sea) to summit.
(Everest is highest mountain, not tallest)

Old 12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Frank -- oh yeah, thanks, that's what I meant, silica gel <ahem>. Guess I had my mind on bigger things.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Paul- those bigger things are actually "silicone."

Just thought you would like to keep abreast of the correct spelling.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Rob Dewolf

Tit for tat, Barry.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Brian Weisner

I thought they used saline now.... Be well Brian

Old 12-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

I guess those two clever quips make us bosom buddies (we have to keep going until we run out of schoolyard jokes).

Old 12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Brain- Teri Hatcher didn't need to use saline...

Okay, I'm done.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:58 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Barry, right you are and now that's twice I sit corrected. There must be an E-size joke somewhere in the letter "e" at the end of silicon(e), although now I am twice humbled and so shant put it into words, lest I mess it up again.

p.s. We will NEVER run out of schoolyard jokes, are you kidding!?

Old 12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Barry,
They are real and they are spectacular....

Be well Brian

PS Brain... now that's funny....

Old 12-23-2007, 04:39 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Posted By: DMcD

Eh howzit Mistah FKW. Waimea, Big Island was my first home when I came to Hawaii in '92. I only had to look out the kitchen window to see snowcapped Mauna Kea loom in the crystal clear air. A glorious sight! I walked to the top of Mauna Loa in '93. Took two-and-a-half days across a vast lavascape to get to the caldera. What a peaceful place. Waimea had one stoplight, no movie house, no Longs. Hilo was the Big Smoke. Used to highball down the Hamakua Coast (unless I got stuck behind a cane truck) on Saturdays, do some shopping, maybe catch a show. The rain was indeed biblical in Hilo, even the ducks were walking, but the payoff is the unreal tropical landscape. Moved to Oahu after a year on the Big Island. Lots more going on here but it's a different Hawaii altogether. Climate's easier on cardboard, too.

Old 12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Default storage of cards

Shaka, Howzit Brah! Ya I was born and raised in Kaneohe but the ohana just moved back to the islands this summer after 20+ years in NorCal because its actually mo'cheaper than SF Bay area. Im really still more of NorCal guy than a Hawaii born haole, but it will change fast. For me its mo'bettah here now, yeah?

I went on a drive to the top of the Mauna Loa Strip Rd. yesterday. I will hike to the summit oneday when Im in better shape. It sounds like a good multi day adventure. There is actually a Wisconsin man who went on a day hike on Mauna Kea 3 weeks ago and they havent found his body yet, even with helicopters dogs and the military all looking for him.

PS sorry about messing up the "storage of cards" post