NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Barry Sloate

American League Champions, and undefeated in the post season. Wow!
Old 10-15-2014, 06:07 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Plus, didn't they just beat the two teams with the most WINS in the AL this year ?

Or did California & Baltimore have the most WINS in the Majors this year ? ?

I'm rooting for KC to go all the way.

TED Z
Old 10-15-2014, 06:39 PM
Jeff

Unreal to this point.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 10-15-2014, 07:46 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

KC all the way no matter who they end up playing! They are proving to be unstoppable
Old 10-15-2014, 08:01 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

I can't believe out of the 8 postseason wins how many were by one run. Makes for great postseason drama.
Drew
Old 10-16-2014, 01:04 AM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
That sweatshirt is awesome! Congrat Royals and Royals fans. Hope we join you guys tomorrow night. If so, I've got sights set on game 1 in KC with the in-laws and family friends... then back to SF for the weekend. It would be really cool to see these two ultra scrappy teams square off.

That said, I'm definitely not taking this current NLCS for granted, 3-1 lead and all, and know the Giants are gonna have to close out a very good Cards team. I know all to well how quickly 3-1 can flip the other way.
Old 10-16-2014, 04:37 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

I can't wait to see Tim Collins pitch...if they ever use him...does anyone know if he's on the Series roster?

Collins was Braves property very briefly before being dealt to the Royals - he got into a few games in the Minors and then he was gone.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 10-16-2014, 10:55 AM

Cool story...congrats to the Royals and all their loyal fans. It took awhile, but all of the nice young talent they have accumulated is starting to pay off!

Ricky Y
Old 10-16-2014, 12:07 PM

I've been a die-hard Royals fan all my life and was fortunate to get to go to playoff and World Series games in '80 and '85. My fear was that my kids would grow up and never experience that joy. Well, they made it (20, 20 and 16 years old) barely. What made it even more fun was that my son got placed on the KC Royal's Scout team this Fall which made him feel like he was just a tiny, tiny piece of this big joy ride.

Rob M

My only complaint is that saving your ticket stub just isn't the same anymore when they're 8 1/2 x 11 pieces of paper -

image.jpg
Old 10-16-2014, 12:49 PM

The run by the Royals is just amazing. Glad for all of their long-suffering fans. (And ramram, I completely agree concerning the lack of real ticket stubs. Sad that they're largely extinct. Computer printouts just aren't the same.)
Old 10-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Unreal to this point.

We need to get back to teaching penmanship in our schools.
Old 10-16-2014, 02:02 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
My only complaint is that saving your ticket stub just isn't the same anymore when they're 8 1/2 x 11 pieces of paper -

Attachment 164648
This was my biggest issues the last few years. Tickets are becoming rare because of this. In 2011 I bought St.Louis Cardinals World Series tickets for game 1 and 7. I had to resell the game 1 and that ability to transfer the ticket via email made it easier, but I still kept a printout.

For game 7 I wanted a hard ticket and requested it that way, but when I picked it up from the Office it was a plain ticket (similar to regular season) that didn't look like the World Series tickets you associate with the game.
This version I am sure is rare but since it lacks any wording about Word Series or game 7 it just isn't very fun to display.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:21 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramram View Post
I've been a die-hard Royals fan all my life and was fortunate to get to go to playoff and World Series games in '80 and '85. My fear was that my kids would grow up and never experience that joy. Well, they made it (20, 20 and 16 years old) barely. What made it even more fun was that my son got placed on the KC Royal's Scout team this Fall which made him feel like he was just a tiny, tiny piece of this big joy ride.

Rob M

Attachment 164648
I have been to two WS game (2010 and 2012) and both times insisted that the seller send me the stub. Once via Stub Hub and once via Vivid Seats. Both times the companies contacted the sellers and the sellers agreed. It's worth trying for sure.
Old 10-16-2014, 08:44 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
I have been to two WS game (2010 and 2012) and both times insisted that the seller send me the stub. Once via Stub Hub and once via Vivid Seats. Both times the companies contacted the sellers and the sellers agreed. It's worth trying for sure.
They don't always have them. That only is possible if the original holder has a ticket. Typically a season ticket holder.
Old 10-16-2014, 09:06 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
They don't always have them. That only is possible if the original holder has a ticket. Typically a season ticket holder.
Yeah, I'm aware (I'm a former season ticket holder). As was, my sellers were season ticket holders and I got the full stub. This is pretty likely in SF because the season ticket base is prob near 30K or more, out of 41K seats.

ADDING--- No idea why I'm posting!?!?!? It's bottom 9!! Go Giants!

Last edited by itjclarke; 10-16-2014 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Go Giants!
Old 10-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Mike C@.v3

2014 has been stellar playoff baseball! This is what baseball is about

Giants vs Royals...congrats to both!
1938 Goudey Graded VG range 37/48
Old 10-16-2014, 09:40 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
2014 has been stellar playoff baseball! This is what baseball is about

Giants vs Royals...congrats to both!
Definitely great post season Mike.. what's crazy is there were no game 5s or 7s, but it's still been filled crazy competitive games.

Ishikawa is a great story. I was so happy for the guy before tonight... just to be contributing on a post season roster... and now that!?!?
Old 10-16-2014, 10:02 PM

Both the Royals and Giants are finding ways to make plays when they need to and are taking advantage of their opponents' mistakes. Poised and clutch. Looking forward to the World Series.
Old 10-22-2014, 10:09 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post

Have to give major props to Vivid Seats. For the 2nd time in the last two Giants WS trips, they (Vivid) immediately answer my call, place me on hold and call the seller. Within minutes they come back to me and agree to have my stubs sent via FedEx. I pay shipping, but I'm OK with that since I would have paid shipping anyway had they been sold as hard tickets. StubHub also did this in 2010 for me, but it was clearly not standard and I'm not sure if they'd be so open to do so... whereas Vivid clearly is ready for this request and happy to oblige.

Royals bounced back big tonight, good on those guys. Excited to get this back to SF now.
Old 10-30-2014, 12:03 PM
Dave_Berg

Thanks Royals for the thrilling ride and outstanding season!!!!
Old 10-30-2014, 01:25 PM

What a terrific year they had... Ned Yost and from what I read a lot of the KC fans was all class afterwards to the Giant fans in attendance... and that bullpen is just nasty.... As a N Cali guy I always liked the Royals from back in the 70's...because they had a minor league affiliate in San Jose at the time..and guys like Dennis Leonard and George Brett came through there....

Ricky Y