NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-04-2017, 06:47 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Default I'm selling my Cardinal Collection of 35,000+ cards

PAID ADVERTISEMENT

After thinking about it off and on many times for the last several years, I have decided to sell my St. Louis Cardinals Master collection of over 35,000 different cards from 1939-2016. I have started this process on Ebay and here is a link for what is there at present:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardinalcoll...p2047675.l2562

I'm doing this full time and it will probably take over a year to sell it all.

Who am I? I bought my first pack in 1968 in St. Louis and have been collecting ever since. I bought cards from Larry Fritsch in the 1970s. I was one of the early members of the St. Louis Sports Collectors group that began in 1976, when I was 15 years old. I had the great fortune to know hobby legend Buck Barker. I had a column in Sports Collectors News in the mid 1970s called Randy's Ramblings. I was always fascinated with variations, and I have an acknowledgement in Ralph Nozaki's 1980 "The Mistake Manual" which was the first publication dedicated to variations. I also have acknowledgements in Becketts Alphabetical Checklist Guide from 1992 and 1994. I've done extensive work for the Cardinals themselves, on the All Time Roster, and was recognized in their 1999 Media Guide. I also had a hand in promoting Trevor Rosenthal as the 2000th Cardinal, the first 2000th player from ANY franchise, here is an interesting article about that: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...5cc7ac0f6.html

I've also been on Ebay since 2000 with over 6800 transactions, and a Net 54 member since 2009, all though I've not posted much in recent years.

What I collected: Any and all Cardinals including but not limited to: Ad panels, Ad Sheets, Advisory Photos, Albums, Bread Labels, Buttons, Cards, Cereal boxes, Charms, Coins, Cups, Discs, Glove Tags, Inserts, Keychains, Magazine cards, Magnets, Mail-ins, Marbles, Medallions, Milk Cartons, Parallels, Pins, Postcards, Posters, Premiums, Promos, Redemptions, Reprints, Stamps, Variations, Wax Boxes, Wiffle Balls, Wrappers and more. I basically tried to collect every cataloged and uncataloged card from every player. I collected all inserts and parallels through 1997, every autographed card through 2000, and every basic team set through 2013. Oddball issues is a specialty.

What I don't have: Hunters and most Team Issues have been sold, no 1947 Sears postcards either. No 1955 stamps, no 1961 Dice, No 1967 Stand Ups, No 1968 plaks (have the checklist though), and I'm missing a few very rare issues.

If anyone is interested in a particular item and would like to see it on Ebay, or has any questions about my collection, email is my preferred choice of communication, but I will answer all Net 54 messages as well.

Thanks to Leon for allowing me this advertisement, and for any questions, post, message or email me.

Thanks for reading all this.

Regards,

Randy Trierweiler
randytrierweiler@gmail.com
Old 06-04-2017, 07:23 PM
Ben North

Good luck selling everything. If you decide to sell on here directly instead of through eBay you will probably get many more buyers from the forum.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:08 AM
Al Richter

Hope sale goes well Randy. Are you exiting the hobby completely or will you keep a door in the door ?

I have seen much of Shane's large Cardinal collection over on CU and knew you were a Cardinals guy, but had no idea about the scope of your collection or your background. Amazing collection and great background story.

Was it a tough decision to let go ? I think about unloading my stuff from time to time, mainly to avoid having family have to deal with it. I recently was asked to help a local woman liquidate a very large collection after her husband died unexpectedly.
Old 06-05-2017, 07:54 AM
D.an Jackso.n

Cool stuff Randy. Is that '71 Bazooka Dick Allen the only card with him in a Cardinal uniform? After seeing it I don't believe I've seen him in one before. I know the regular issue 1970 Topps is as a Cardinal but it is a side shot in a Phillies hat.
Old 06-05-2017, 08:18 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

This was copied over from the Post War section so a few more collectors can see it. Good luck, Randy. You are certainly one of the good guys and I hope to still see ya' around here.

LL
Old 06-05-2017, 08:46 AM
Ken McMillan

Probably will sell better in the winter as people in cold climates will need fuels for their fireplace in their Chicago Cubs homes.

Last edited by kmac32; 06-05-2017 at 12:40 PM.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:09 AM
Al Richter

Very nice contribution to the board Ken
Old 06-05-2017, 09:12 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
Very nice contribution to the board Ken
I was wondering how many members were going to (mistakenly) think like I did before Ken apprised me, in a pm I sent to him, of the rivalry between the Cubs and Cards. There was no mean spirit here at all.

Last edited by Leon; 06-05-2017 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-05-2017, 09:58 AM
Rich Klein

Back in the day, we used to get incredibly detailed catalog corrections from Randy.

We always appreciated all his help in those days and his dedication to the hobby

Rich
Old 06-05-2017, 10:41 AM
Al Richter

Then my apologies to Ken, and condolences as well
Old 06-05-2017, 11:47 AM

Being a lifelong Cub fan/victim I knew what he what he meant immediately, but I can see how those fortunate ones that are not wouldn't get it and take it the wrong way.
Old 06-05-2017, 12:07 PM
Eric
Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Being a lifelong Cub fan/victim I knew what he what he meant immediately, but I can see how those fortunate ones that are not wouldn't get it and take it the wrong way.
I was ready to make a comment, but am glad i read on to see that it was all in good fun.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:06 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalcollector View Post
PAID ADVERTISEMENT

After thinking about it off and on many times for the last several years, I have decided to sell my St. Louis Cardinals Master collection of over 35,000 different cards from 1939-2016. I have started this process on Ebay and here is a link for what is there at present:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/cardinalcoll...p2047675.l2562

I'm doing this full time and it will probably take over a year to sell it all.

Who am I? I bought my first pack in 1968 in St. Louis and have been collecting ever since. I bought cards from Larry Fritsch in the 1970s. I was one of the early members of the St. Louis Sports Collectors group that began in 1976, when I was 15 years old. I had the great fortune to know hobby legend Buck Barker. I had a column in Sports Collectors News in the mid 1970s called Randy's Ramblings. I was always fascinated with variations, and I have an acknowledgement in Ralph Nozaki's 1980 "The Mistake Manual" which was the first publication dedicated to variations. I also have acknowledgements in Becketts Alphabetical Checklist Guide from 1992 and 1994. I've done extensive work for the Cardinals themselves, on the All Time Roster, and was recognized in their 1999 Media Guide. I also had a hand in promoting Trevor Rosenthal as the 2000th Cardinal, the first 2000th player from ANY franchise, here is an interesting article about that: http://www.stltoday.com/sports/baseb...5cc7ac0f6.html

I've also been on Ebay since 2000 with over 6800 transactions, and a Net 54 member since 2009, all though I've not posted much in recent years.

What I collected: Any and all Cardinals including but not limited to: Ad panels, Ad Sheets, Advisory Photos, Albums, Bread Labels, Buttons, Cards, Cereal boxes, Charms, Coins, Cups, Discs, Glove Tags, Inserts, Keychains, Magazine cards, Magnets, Mail-ins, Marbles, Medallions, Milk Cartons, Parallels, Pins, Postcards, Posters, Premiums, Promos, Redemptions, Reprints, Stamps, Variations, Wax Boxes, Wiffle Balls, Wrappers and more. I basically tried to collect every cataloged and uncataloged card from every player. I collected all inserts and parallels through 1997, every autographed card through 2000, and every basic team set through 2013. Oddball issues is a specialty.

What I don't have: Hunters and most Team Issues have been sold, no 1947 Sears postcards either. No 1955 stamps, no 1961 Dice, No 1967 Stand Ups, No 1968 plaks (have the checklist though), and I'm missing a few very rare issues.

If anyone is interested in a particular item and would like to see it on Ebay, or has any questions about my collection, email is my preferred choice of communication, but I will answer all Net 54 messages as well.

Thanks to Leon for allowing me this advertisement, and for any questions, post, message or email me.

Thanks for reading all this.

Regards,

Randy Trierweiler
randytrierweiler@gmail.com

Hi Randy...good luck with sale...any chance you have anything from Josh Phelps? He saw limited time in late-2008. Thanks for your time...M@tt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:21 PM
Jason Albregts

As a Cardinal collector myself, I will keep an eye on your sales.
Old 06-05-2017, 03:25 PM

Looking for 68 bazooka Lou Brock..Panel or box.. sorry my phone e mail is not working
Old 06-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Randy Trierweiler

Wow, I just now realized Leon moved this to the pre-war board. Thanks Leon.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, especially Rich Klein.

Ken-no offense taken, I knew exactly what you meant and I laughed out loud when I read it.

Matt, I had to make a homemade card of Phelps for my All Time Roster collection. I've never seen any card of him with the Cardinals.

quitcrab-No panel or box for Brock, I do have the Bazooka single on Ebay right now, which ends in a couple hours.

If anybody else has a question, post, PM, or email me.

Regards,

Randy
Old 06-06-2017, 02:51 PM

Default End of an era... but we'll still have opening day

About 25 years ago,I first met Randy after Randy reached out to me out as we had a habit of attending the same cards shows and often would be told by dealers that the other already had been to their table and bought all the new, old and oddball St. Louis Cardinals cards they had for sale. I live in Kansas City and Randy in Columbia about 2 hours away. Randy invited me to his house to view his collection and a great friendship began.
Together, Randy and I have attended the last 20 Cardinals home openers, traveled to several Nationals including a 20 hour drive to Cleveland, set up at a few shows together to sell our duplicates and viewed with envy each other's Cardinals collections. He has shared his research and checklists. Randy has made this such an enjoyable hobby for me. Selfishly, I hate that he is selling his wonderful collection of Cardinals cards. But I understand and am supportive and our friendship will endure.
Old 06-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Ken McMillan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalcollector View Post
Wow, I just now realized Leon moved this to the pre-war board. Thanks Leon.

Thanks to everyone for their comments, especially Rich Klein.

Ken-no offense taken, I knew exactly what you meant and I laughed out loud when I read it.

Matt, I had to make a homemade card of Phelps for my All Time Roster collection. I've never seen any card of him with the Cardinals.

quitcrab-No panel or box for Brock, I do have the Bazooka single on Ebay right now, which ends in a couple hours.

If anybody else has a question, post, PM, or email me.

Regards,

Randy
Randy,

Are you going to the National this year. If so, you are venturing into enemy territory for you. I used to live in Troy Illinois and I would wear Cub gear into the Lou all the time just for comments. Always fun. If you are going to the National, we should meet up for a drink. I have both Prewar and Post war.....all Cubs. My Cubs collection is Topps 1951 to current all errors and variations and T205\ T207 Cubs aith all possible variations. Also E121 Giants anf Yankees as a 1921 World Series set. Also have W572 strip set maybe 14 cards from complete. Always looking.

Kmac
Old 06-07-2017, 08:20 AM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardswin53 View Post
About 25 years ago,I first met Randy after Randy reached out to me out as we had a habit of attending the same cards shows and often would be told by dealers that the other already had been to their table and bought all the new, old and oddball St. Louis Cardinals cards they had for sale. I live in Kansas City and Randy in Columbia about 2 hours away. Randy invited me to his house to view his collection and a great friendship began.
Together, Randy and I have attended the last 20 Cardinals home openers, traveled to several Nationals including a 20 hour drive to Cleveland, set up at a few shows together to sell our duplicates and viewed with envy each other's Cardinals collections. He has shared his research and checklists. Randy has made this such an enjoyable hobby for me. Selfishly, I hate that he is selling his wonderful collection of Cardinals cards. But I understand and am supportive and our friendship will endure.

Ed, thanks for the heartfelt post. All I can say is the feeling is mutual. The Nationals, other card shows, and Opening Days have been a blast, as well as our friendship.
Old 06-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Randy Trierweiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac32 View Post
Randy,

Are you going to the National this year. If so, you are venturing into enemy territory for you. I used to live in Troy Illinois and I would wear Cub gear into the Lou all the time just for comments. Always fun. If you are going to the National, we should meet up for a drink. I have both Prewar and Post war.....all Cubs. My Cubs collection is Topps 1951 to current all errors and variations and T205\ T207 Cubs aith all possible variations. Also E121 Giants anf Yankees as a 1921 World Series set. Also have W572 strip set maybe 14 cards from complete. Always looking.

Kmac
Ken, I probably won't be going to the National this year, but thanks for the offer. Sounds like you have a great Cubs collection. I've been to many, many Cardinal-Cubs games both at Busch and Wrigley. There's nothing else like it. Very passionate fans on both sides. Regards.