NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > 19th Century Cards & ALL Baseball Postcards- B/S/T

Old 10-30-2011, 10:54 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default SOLD=FS/FT 1874 Harper's Weekly Woodcut

Thanks Dan!

As many of you know, there is a pictorial checklist of many Harper's woodcuts in issue #14 of the Vintage & Classic Baseball Collector (VCBC) from Jan/Feb 1998.

I am offering one of mine up for sale or trade.

It's approximately the 15th oldest woodcut that Harper's used in their weekly magazine.
This one pictures the Guelph, Ontario Maple Leaf team and is dated September 12, 1874.

In nice condition, you can see a tape stain on the left border and a small tear affecting Left Fielder W.Smiley's nose

Obviously handcut from the magazine as they all tend to be, this measures 8X10 3/4 inches.

It also has a neat advertisement section on the back of the page featuring Peck & Snyder's. "The only house that manufactures and deals exclusively in Base-Ball, Cricket, and Sorting Goods, and authorized Designer, Manufacturers, and Leaders of Base-Ball Fashions"

Pretty Cool, historical item.
I can do larger, more detailed scans if needed.
(and I can scan the back too, if anyone is interested...even if not interested in buying/trading for the piece...cuz its history!)

Anyway, I am asking $100 delivered. See the thread below for a unique discount opportunity!!

Paypal is preferred with no extra fees...I will pay them. The item is fragile so I will ship extra carefully. (Since this is a Canadian item, and shipping to Canada is sometimes a bit of a difficulty on odd packages (and expensive), if you are a friend from the North and you would like the item, let's talk about the best way to get it to you)

I'd also be interested in trading if you have any caramel cards to deal.
Let's talk it over
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1874 Harper WoodCut MapleLeafsbig.jpg (78.0 KB, 135 views)

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.

Last edited by familytoad; 11-06-2011 at 12:25 PM. Reason: Discount opp
Old 11-05-2011, 09:14 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default Discount opportunity

The 1874 woodcut above is now available for a discounted price.
All you need to do is to indicate your favorite baseball team to me in either IM or email while also saying "I'll take it"...and I will take 15% off the price!!!

(85 dollars includes free shipping in the USA and paypal regular accepted!)

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.