NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-10-2002, 07:28 PM
Administrator

Default Sniff, sniff. Ebay DOES care afterall :`(

Posted By: petecld 

This is a first. I received this email from ebay telling me how to keep from getting ripped off:

<<Our records indicate that you were a participating bidder in capitolsportsboy's listings. Please note that we have recently ended all listings for the seller noted above due to our inability to confirm the seller's contact information and/or their inability to deliver the merchandise advertised on our site. The seller's privileges to trade on eBay have been temporarily suspended while we investigate this matter further.

If this seller contacts you to complete a transaction outside of eBay, we strongly recommend that you do not because it won't be covered under our Fraud Protection Plan. If you have already sent payment, we advise you to take steps to protect yourself depending on the nature of your payment. For example, if you paid by personal check, you may stop payment on the check. If you paid for this item with a credit card, you should contact your credit card company's security department right away to inform them of the potential problem with this payment -- most companies provide full protection from loss for online purchases in these circumstances. If you have made a payment by money order or wire transfer, you may contact that company for further information at 1-800-325-6000 (Western Union), or at 1-800-926-9400 (Money Gram).

We emphasize that there is no definitive information regarding the seller or their items at this time, and our difficulties in confirming information about the seller may be the result of a mistake or misunderstanding.

There are many tips on how to protect yourself with any Internet transaction on our help page located at:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buyerguide/bidding-tips.html

If you have any questions, please reply directly to this email.

Regards,

Customer Support (Trust and Safety Department)
eBay Inc>>

The card in question was a 1934 Zeenut Joe Dimaggio w/coupon in a PSA 5 tomb. Some big name must have filed a complaint to get this kind of rise out of ebay.

See, and we thought they didn't care.

Old 09-10-2002, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Tim

I received the same e-mail on this exact item.

Tim

Old 09-10-2002, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

is this the same seller that was trying to sell stuff liste in a recent auction catalogue?

Jay

Old 09-10-2002, 08:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

More info on this Sam

http://forums.collectors.com/messageview.cfm?catid=11&threadid=123168

Old 09-10-2002, 09:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jeff s

who tried to sell the psa/dna 5 '33g Babe Ruth.

I notified SCP, and I know they contacted eBay. SCP may just be a big enough name to get that kind of rise...

Old 09-10-2002, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

I've got "Deadpan Joe" (the WWG '36 Di Maggio).

It's only vg-ex, but it's my favorite Joe. I think he felt like he looks on that card. (Not a great Joe fan, but don't hate him, either.)

Old 09-10-2002, 11:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: vorthian

The card in question was auctioned off by SCP in their Feb. 28, 2001 auction. This item was lot 76 and at roughly 6:40pm that night, the card was already at 8495.05 w/ juice.

When I saw this card on eBay and after reading the description, I was left with a funny feeling. For tracking purposes, I threw in a $200 bid.

As for that big name that Pete was pondering - the person who hit the BIN is a VERY big name. I'm almost certain that Don was instrumental in the manner and speed to which eBay handled the situation.

Old 09-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: B C D

You can call this number anytime to track a MO from WU

1-800-999-9660 punch in the MO number and if it is not found on the system that means it has NOT been cashed....If cashed,the computer tells you!

This was first noted on August,12,1993 at approximately 5.08 Post Meridian