NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-05-2002, 11:56 PM
Administrator

Default Don't think it was easy. (20)

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Old 09-06-2002, 04:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

A hobby perhaps. Have you ever thought about collecting baseball cards?

Old 09-06-2002, 05:33 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

I think Julie should have her own thread where only shes allowed to post in,and no matter what she has to say she could put them all in the same thread even if shes responding to other peoples posts in different threads,there will be alot of responses like ................... or ...... or even ... and lots of smiley faces, but i think it could work. C'mon Elliot,let Julie have one thread to herself so we dont have to click on threads to see the new messages since we last checked for no reason.She will thank you for it. Do you really think she wants to start a new thread everytime the A's play? of course not,why would anyone wanna do that

Old 09-06-2002, 12:11 PM
Administrator

sells 19th century baseball cards, the As just broke the all-time American League record for consecutive games won.

"Yeah. how about those Twins!"

It's such a drag having a woman around who talks about lipstick all day.

F**k you!

Old 09-06-2002, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Old 09-06-2002, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

I like it! Your an elder felmale sports fan that collects 19th century ( amd probably newer A's players cards as well )

My only disagreement with you is that the A's streak WAS easy thus far! The schedule was totally sedisned for it as they played a lot of last place and second to last place teams over the past three weeks! The Angels will beat them and blow away the streak! Do you go to the games? I have been to 20 day games this year with a small group of gamers that bet on the games.

Old 09-06-2002, 12:39 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julioe Vognar

They started out in New York and Boston, taking 2 out of 3 from each (what a surprise!), and they just swept the Twins 3 games (another really big surprise!).

Being only 3 1/2 games ahead of Annaheim, they may well get caught, bu the Seattle Mariners are really folding, si I think they'll still make the wild card.

Oddly enoug, tyhe toughest games have been the last two, against the last place team in the weakest division (KC Royals)--who also set a record last night, coming back from an 11 run deficit, before losing in the bottom of the 9th.

I REAllY DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS BAD MANNERS TO TALK ABOUT CURRENT BASEBALL ON THIS FORUM!

Old 09-06-2002, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd (nolemmings)

actually, the A's might win one of the three games this weekend in Minneapolis, so the streak could last until Saturday.
Seems to me the toughest games in the streak would have included the last two against the Twins in Oakland last week (after the 4-2 thumping they gave the Twins in the first game). Oakland got 3 in the bottom of the eigth to break a 3-3 tie on Saturday, and came from behind in the bottom of the ninth to win on Sunday. That seems tougher than holding on to an 11-0 lead.
Hopefully, the Twins will toughen up, play all their starters and forget about magic numbers for the weekend. You're lucky the A's won't see Rick Reed. Twins fans are actually lucky the team is playing Oakland. They will need to find a fix for their pathetic offense against lefty starters in time for the playoffs, and this gives them a chance to do that.
Good luck, Julie, it would not bother me a bit to be playing the A's for all the Amercian League marbles in October.
Regards...........Todd
P.S. So that you don't give folks the wrong idea about Minnesota politics with your reference to conservative Carlton (one of the finest schools in the country, by the way), please note that the state is one of the more liberal and most progressive in the good ol' USA.

Old 09-06-2002, 01:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

As a person who uses smileys as much as you do, you should understand they were invented to add extra meaning to emails that might otherwise be misinterpreted. Smiley = I'm just kidding.

You didn't have bad manners until your response above.

Old 09-06-2002, 02:24 PM
Administrator

I said, in 1957, the faculty was radical, but the students were very conservative. That's the way it was
, not the way it IS.

"Holding onto an 11-run lead" isn't exactly what the As didn't do against KC: they lost EVERY ONE OF THOSE 11 runs. If Hatteberg hadn't hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth, they probably would have lost.

As to "it was all in fun," it didn't sound like it was all in fun. It sounded like you were saying "get this stupid, irrelevant female out of here." Maybe you should be a little more careful to sound playful when
you mean to?

Funny how nobody's asking me what I'm getting from Terry. I wouldn't tell you, anyway.

Old 09-06-2002, 08:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

OK, I'm game---what are you getting from Terry. Hopefully, the Red Stocking cigar card.

Old 09-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: TBob

Not as good as the 87 or 91 teams in any position but on the mound and that is why they will beat the Yanks and A's in the playoffs-PITCHING. For the first time this year the Big 3 of Mays, Milton and Radke are healthy at the same time. Couple them with Lohse and Santana and you have the best pitching staff in the American League east of Oakland. As the Twins pound on the Indians and Sox and Royals and Tigers and gain home field advantage, the Dome will prove the trick. Watch and see
Julie- you keep speaking your mind girl

Old 09-06-2002, 11:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

I didnt see the update from Julie but the A's didnt play today,hof'er red faber would be 114 today(9/6) if he were still alive.oyster burns would be 138 today too!
barry bonds had 2 walks and a homer,now has more homers than strikeouts and more intentional walks too
tonight i talked to and got the best scan ever from kevin c,thanks so much for it
didnt bid on any cards,didnt call anyone. tho i did play ms pac man and got the high score!(just missed 70,000,damn that last pear!) i go girl!
ate ice cream for dinner but didnt watch any movies

Old 09-07-2002, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Sorry for the bad language.

As are trailing 1-0.