NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-24-2008, 10:20 PM
Administrator

Default Last March Pickup thread

Posted By: Al C.risafulli

I'm sure I overpaid, but I really, really like this anyway. It's actually a Diamond S Cigar, and not a Number 7. Thanks, Trevor.

-Al

Old 03-24-2008, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

Thank you Mr. Mailman for a few things I've been waiting on.

Old 03-24-2008, 11:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Kravitz

Dave- You must be the busiest guy in the hobby. Good stuff!

Old 03-25-2008, 01:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam

From the past week or so --

Oops, how did this one sneak in --

Old 03-25-2008, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed McCollum

038 Charles_Batting

Seems I find them in spurts ... this one, along with two others, were available within two days of each other. In the past two weeks–nothing. Guess it gives me time to get ready for the next round. Know of a large collection becoming available in July... starting to save now.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Ed, frankly I'm amazed that you have found as many of those stamped T206 cards as you have...when you started I figured you might find a few, but the fact that you continue to find them just amazes me. I'm vicariously enjoying your quest.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jantz

Snagged this one on the Bay.

Old 03-25-2008, 01:59 PM
Administrator

• It gives me an excuse to look at every t206 that becomes available in auctions, eBay, B/S/T, etc. without the expectation of having to spend a lot of money.

• My quest has no end. So far, I've not been able to find any listing of how many cards he may have touched in his life. Therefore, this can go on for as long as I can.

• I've made contact with a lot of great collectors here on the board. So many people have either let me know they have one they are willing to part with, or they see one in an auction and want to make sure I've seen it, or they let me know they used to have one, where it might be now, and I can add it to the never ending list of what I'm still after.

Almost one year in to it, and I sort of wish I hadn't wasted the first 20 trying to build a whole set. But at least now, the sale of most of them are funding the new collection.

Thanks to everyone on the board, especially the moderators.

Ed

Old 03-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

Adam, it's clear to see that you had one amazing week!
very nice.

Ed,
agreed, I am amazed at how many of those cards you have been able to locate. This St. Louis one has exceptionally brilliant color - it must be your scanner, right? very nice addition. That one is in my "sweater" subset!

Old 03-25-2008, 04:35 PM
Administrator

and horribly out of register. I work with color for a living (as an art director) but I'm used to the 4c process method, not the method used to print the old cards. But nothing seems to be in register to anything else...the yellow, the green, the black, the flesh colors .... but what there is really pops off the card.