NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-30-2008, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default SGC at White Plains Show

Posted By: Jay

I went by the show Saturday to drop off some cards for SGC and was told that they did not show up. For anyone who attend the show on Friday or Sunday, were they there on those days or did they blow off the show entirely? BTW, GAI was at the show, although while I was there the traffic at their booth was pretty slow.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Jay, that's interesting. You saw GAI at the show and you're saying it was on Saturday -- and NOT Monday?

Old 03-30-2008, 01:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ron Lambert

I was told by a friend that SGC was in Chicago this weekend. I would guess that given the size of their staff, it would be tough to be at two shows in the same weekend.

Old 03-30-2008, 01:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

In fact, I dropped off cards with SGC on Saturday, but I did not see GAI around. I did not look very hard, but I was asking myself where GAI might be.....It was fun chatting with the SGC guys.

For what it's worth, I found slightly more pre-war material there this time than in times past. Still vastly overpriced for the most part though.....although I did pick up an E90-1 I was looking for.

Brian

Old 03-30-2008, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve Murray

Steve from SGC was in Chicago and told me Michael was at White Plains. Saw GAI and they were actually taking some submissions.

Old 03-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Preece1

Hi Jay,

I dropped cards off Saturday (about 2:00 pm) and they were there.

Kind Regards,

Patrick

Old 03-30-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

SGC was set up at the show in the back-center of the room at White Plains. They had two reps at their table and were busy it looked like. I had also heard that they were set up in Chicago, but I don't know for sure.

GAI was in the front of the room alongside the entrance. You could've missed them where they were--it was easy to walk by those front tables because you kind of had to turn around to see the tables that were on that front wall.

I believe I heard that Beckett was set up, but I didn't see them.

Overall the show seemed to have a steady flow. Lots of draw with the autographs and lots of modern, but some nice vintage to be found.

Old 03-30-2008, 05:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Glyn Parson

We were in fact set up at both shows accepting submissions. Michael Goldberg along with Brian Dwyer were in White Plains and Steve Hravosky (SP) was set up in Chicago.

Thanks for the interest in SGC,
Glyn Parson

edited: to fix spelling

Old 03-30-2008, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay

I walked the show looking for Michael and never saw him. I asked Jimmy Spence if he had seen them and he said they weren't at the show. Shame on me for missing them.

Jeff--Yes, GAI were set up near the front door

Old 03-30-2008, 05:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Danny Grimes

I was there sunday at about 12:30 with Michael.

GAI was a ghostown

Old 03-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Phil Garry

Picked up my crossover grading order at the SGC booth on Sunday afternoon. Very pleased with the grades and Michael Goldberg introduced me to their latest staff addition.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason L

would have liked to see the activity and stop in for a hello to SGC.
They filled another complex order for me last week, including four 1/1s in today's grading world, all delivered in gorgeous holders, yet again.
I have now entrusted them with all of my cousins' cards, and they look great.
Thanks Michael, et al...

Regarding White Plains...can anyone chime in and let me know if the % of vintage material is increasing or decreasing there? Seems to usually be only 6 tables or so...

was gonna try to make it, but a much-needed, yet unintentionally lengthy trip to Home Depot foiled my departure, and then my son wanted to play baseball since the weather finally cooperated -and playing will always trump looking at the cardboard!
TGI-Spring!!!